Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!

You probably won't have to install the upgraded license plate LEDs. I had ordered them with the rest of the lighting options from Abstract but my Nov 85D already had the upgrade LEDs that are not removable.

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I just received my 85D (replacement for my P85 I just sold):
Confirmed 2/1
Delivered 3/4 (front)

I have plenty of modifications scheduled. Most are which I previously did to my prior P85. I picked up the car Friday afternoon, but had kid's birthday parties/sleepovers both Friday and Saturday, so I couldn't start anything until today. I spent most of the day working on it. This is what I have done so far (just today):

Here is what I have left to do:

For those who are less of a DIY type, a guy on this forum put together some easy upgrades to the car's lighting here (Abstract Ocean). A little more expensive (not much) and maybe not as bright as my solutions, but otherwise great reviews and easy to do.

Just heard from my DS: Taking delivery at the Denver Service Center on Friday (March 11)!!

Ordered: 1/29/16
Confirmed: 2/6/16
Entered production: 2/26/16
Delivery: 3/11/16

Sandy
Medel S 90D | Midnight Silver | Pano | Tan Nexgen | UHFS | Subzero | Carbon fiber | Black Alcantara | SAS | Autopilot | Premium interior | Standard 19" wheels

That's when I'm getting mine too.

I will be driving like crazy this weekend!

Unfortunately, I fly out of town on the 13th for a week, so I'll be leaving my car in the airport parking lot after a day and half of driving it like mad. Maybe I'll take an Uber to the airport and leave the car in my own garage. That sounds like a better solution.

Sandy

Hello all I just signed up for the forum right now. I have been stalking it for about a month. I'm happy to say I just placed my order in Monterey on 3-5-16. I received my VIN today (133130) a couple of hours ago. Ok, so NOW I believe I'm getting a Tesla!! The wait will be tough but I can do this. It will help that I have a lot to read on this forum. My Tesla says delivery is late March-April. I know that seems quick, but I need to take delivery before April 1st or I will lose some rebates.

Model S 70 Black
Pano
High Fidelity Sound
Upgraded lighting with black Alcantara headliner
Autopilot
I also got the new Slipstream wheels

Picking up my car tomorrow in Chicago (West Grand Avenue). 85D, Deep blue metallic, body color roof, premium interior, AP, subzero, dual charger). Can't wait to cruise by the gas stations and laugh (although perhaps my emotion should be pity).

Wife's car is still an ICE (Camry Hybrid), but planning to drive down to Indy to put a deposit on a Model 3 for her on the 31st.

Thanks Art. I sent him an email earlier today, but will call him tomorrow if I don't hear back. How long did the inspection take? I don't want to delay my pickup so I am hoping they can do it while I am at work relatively quickly.
We discussed the inspection on Firday and it was done on the next Wednesday. It took 15 minutes. Approx 50 photos taken.
Final offer was the next day.

I just got off the phone with my DS. My 90D is on a train to Birmingham, about halfway through the trip.
Looking good for a two to 2 1/2 week out delivery.

An interesting tidbit - he can talk to my car. I wish I could...

My estimated delivery date has just been updated! Here's my timeline:
- February 11, 2016: order placed.
- February 19, 2016: order confirmed.
- March 5, 2016: production started.
- March 8, 2016: estimated delivery date changed from "March - early April" to "March 14 - March 28".

Took delivery of my pearl white model s today. What an awesome day!!
2016-03-08 18.03.11.jpg

My estimated delivery date has just been updated! Here's my timeline:
- February 11, 2016: order placed.
- February 19, 2016: order confirmed.
- March 5, 2016: production started.
- March 8, 2016: estimated delivery date changed from "March - early April" to "March 14 - March 28".

My DS emailed me today saying that my car completed production in the afternoon of March 8 and is now being staged for shipment in the coming days!

I just got off the phone with my DS. My 90D is on a train to Birmingham, about halfway through the trip.
Looking good for a two to 2 1/2 week out delivery.

An interesting tidbit - he can talk to my car. I wish I could...

I think my 70 is on the same train because they ended production the same day and my delivery is in Florida. Maybe they truck them from Birmingham the rest of the way. If you are right about the 2.5 weeks that is rather long transit, considering some cars made it to the northeast pretty quickly by comparison. My DS has no info whatsoever.

I think my 70 is on the same train because they ended production the same day and my delivery is in Florida. Maybe they truck them from Birmingham the rest of the way. If you are right about the 2.5 weeks that is rather long transit, considering some cars made it to the northeast pretty quickly by comparison. My DS has no info whatsoever.

yeah I think to NJ/NY/CT is all by truck whereas the other areas are by train. Train takes a lot longer due to the amount of stops it makes and the time it takes to fully load a train. They might have to wait for many cars going to relatively the same area to be produced.