Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't seem to edit anything on the spreadsheet - why? I'm currently shown in 2015 JUL/AUG/SEP and need to be moved for an April delivery. I also upgraded from the 70D to a 90D. Went into production on 3/7/16. Can someone help? Sorry - I'm pretty good with Excel, but not using this sharepoint type site apparently. Thanks, cs

Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory.

Preliminary estimate is 3/31-4/14.

Seems like 22-36 days is an awful long time for transport from california to fla. Anyone have any insight on if that number is overly cautious on the length of time it takes to arrive?

I can't seem to edit anything on the spreadsheet - why? I'm currently shown in 2015 JUL/AUG/SEP and need to be moved for an April delivery. I also upgraded from the 70D to a 90D. Went into production on 3/7/16. Can someone help? Sorry - I'm pretty good with Excel, but not using this sharepoint type site apparently. Thanks, cs
Chris, just enter your data into the 2016 Jan-February-mar sheet or contact Breser. Cheers, Art

Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory.

Preliminary estimate is 3/31-4/14.

Seems like 22-36 days is an awful long time for transport from california to fla. Anyone have any insight on if that number is overly cautious on the length of time it takes to arrive?

Mine is coming to West Palm and got off the assembly line about 6 days earlier than yours. My official delivery dates still are "March 26 - April 9", which I don't believe. I do believe (but don't know for sure) ours are coming by train to either Atlanta or Birmingham and are trucked from there. Deliveries to Florida have been taking 12 ~14 days, based on the (few) FL entries in the 1Q2016 Google Doc spreadsheet. So based on that I would guess a delivery time frame of 14 ~17 days from production end, and adding a few days at the delivery center... As soon as I hear from my DS, I will update the Google Doc.

Mine is coming to West Palm and got off the assembly line about 6 days earlier than yours. My official delivery dates still are "March 26 - April 9", which I don't believe. I do believe (but don't know for sure) ours are coming by train to either Atlanta or Birmingham and are trucked from there. Deliveries to Florida have been taking 12 ~14 days, based on the (few) FL entries in the 1Q2016 Google Doc spreadsheet. So based on that I would guess a delivery time frame of 14 ~17 days from production end, and adding a few days at the delivery center... As soon as I hear from my DS, I will update the Google Doc.

Mine is going to Dania. I know from looking at the spread sheet wolf's is going to Tampa. Our cars were on the same production run I think, so I presume they are probably being shipped together at least most of the trip. I will be following his and your progress to gauge mine I guess lol.

I really think a two week transport time is more realistic, but we will see I suppose.

2/14/16 - Order Date
2/21/16 - Confirmed
2/21/16 - VIN issued
3/5/16 - Production
3/8 - Delivery date changed to March 31st to April 16th, DS called and said Delivery should happen before March 31st
3/9 - Production completed, in transit

Spoke to my DS and he says that shipping information is only updated every dew days in their systems and he can't tell me how its being shipped or ETA's until "next Monday what it updates". Does that sound right?