Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with you. If I were taking delivery of an old design MS this weekend I personally would say "no thank you" and attempt to convert my money down to a new order, and even if they would not budge I would eat the $ as the instant depreciation on the "classic" would certainly be at least that amount.

Tesla has abdicated the model year concept in favor of a constant improvement approach. I get that to an extent, but why do things like slide in the slipstream wheels and center console right before the refresh. Maybe consolidate updates a little? With a little bit of predictability? Wouldn't it have been a better goodwill gesture to announce the changes, make it so any car delivered after had the changes, and sell existing inventory at a slight discount to get more people off the fence?

This is a work in progress for sure.
I agree with you. If I were taking delivery of an old design MS this weekend I personally would say "no thank you" and attempt to convert my money down to a new order, and even if they would not budge I would eat the $ as the instant depreciation on the "classic" would certainly be at least that amount.

Tesla has abdicated the model year concept in favor of a constant improvement approach. I get that to an extent, but why do things like slide in the slipstream wheels and center console right before the refresh. Maybe consolidate updates a little? With a little bit of predictability? Wouldn't it have been a better goodwill gesture to announce the changes, make it so any car delivered after had the changes, and sell existing inventory at a slight discount to get more people off the fence?

This is a work in progress for sure.

New to
Our contract law is built on the foundation of a shared knowledge base between the two people entering into a contract. The law is very clear that withholding material information from someone to induce them to enter into a contract is fraud.

For example if you sell a car that you know has a bent frame because it's been in an accident, but the buyer doesn't ask, and you don't tell, it's still fraud. Or if you know there is a defect in the ignition switch (GM) or gas tank (Ford), or engine management software (VW), etc. Tesla knew they were making these changes when they signed contracts with probably 500-1,000 buyers. Model S doesn't have enough buyers to trigger a class action suit, but when they get to Model 3, they'll need to grow up and start acting responsible; the free ride will be over. In the meantime they are creating a growing number of customers who feel at least slightly wronged by Tesla and will remember that when time comes to purchase the next car. It doesn't matter how nice the car I bought for $100,000 actually is, or how much I enjoy it, it only matters how I feel about the company throughout my ownership experience.

I hope a class action suit is warranted. Deceit and corporate misconduct should be actionable, goes beyond moral obligation. I am disgusted that the new release came out so soon after my order. I even asked if an update was coming out and if so I'd wait. We're dropping a lot of dough here... I got my voodoo dolls out. And I'm calling Erin Brokovich.

I have to pick up in Tysons as well, but I go to the DC showroom
I have to pick up in Tysons as well, but I go to the DC showroom
Hi Zambono. I'm in DC, too. My refreshed S is finished production and was put on "fast rail" to Tyco 4 days ago. I love your blue and almost chose that color as we are fans of The University of Michigan Wolverines (Go blue). I ended up with a Black 70D with premium package, etc. ordered on 4/8 confirmed on 4/15. I'll post pics upon pick up :)

Trifocal AP cameras and OTA unlockable P100D with two all beef patties, special sauce, and a sesame seed bun?

Lot's of chatter about AP 2.0/cameras and upgradeable battery.... Wouldn't you think these would have been announced along with the updated front designed to help promote sales? I'm trying to process the benefit in the surprise (and delight) upon delivery?

As much as I would love the bonus features, I put the probability of a bigger battery and/or AP 2.0 low.

Discuss.

I expect to see the batteries bumped to 75 and 100. There would be too little spread between 75 and 90. The 90 was announced in July 2015 so July 2016.

If they upgrade the AP, they should have some very reasonably priced upgrade option for owners of AP 1.0, or at least for those who purchased in the last six months.

Yep, I'm now in the camp of the doubters about new AP hardware with the refresh - P90D on the parking lot of Paramus NJ with VIN 140613 did not have anything special - same windshield camera as far as I could tell. Now even with such a high VIN it may have been batched earlier (seems to be for test drive) but I'm not holding my breath.

You give me hope. I confirmed a few days after you, but am picking up at Tyco too. Says June-Early July for me, but hopefully mine will be coming in with your June truck![/QU
Yep, I'm now in the camp of the doubters about new AP hardware with the refresh - P90D on the parking lot of Paramus NJ with VIN 140613 did not have anything special - same windshield camera as far as I could tell. Now even with such a high VIN it may have been batched earlier (seems to be for test drive) but I'm not holding my breath.

And I definitely don't think a 100 is coming soon, it would have shown up in CARB and if you enter your 90 VIN in insurance sites it clearly states a 90D. I wonder what the VIN states for those who have a 75, probably 70

I placed my order yesterday! Pretty exciting, I gotta say. However, I'll be delaying delivery until the beginning of September since I'm out of the country for awhile (living in Korea currently and moving home) and then out of my home state for awhile as well.

Regarding that: I placed my order with a June delivery date, then sent an e-mail to [email protected] asking them to change the delivery window to September. Does anyone know a phone number to talk to someone about this (much more effective than e-mail), or when I'll be assigned a DS to contact about it? I don't want it going into production without having that part firmed up...