Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a shame to hear people are having a less than great experience with their service centers. The one here in Minnesota was amazing to work with - I couldn't be more pleased with the entire process. I wish everyone were having the same experience!

I am really happy for you and everyone else who is satisfied with the experience. Ordering a Tesla should be a special experience, and buying a car in general is a big deal and it really helps when everything works that way.

So far, not please with the entire experience at all. Probably worse than the haggling we had to do with the Merc/BMW dealerships.
The communication with the DS is bad at best. I only sent two emails to my DS and both times he took more than 48 hours to get back to me.
90D VIN 1384XXX pushed to June - Early July delivery.
Ordered early April and requested mid June delivery hoping that we would get the car in mid June when we get back from the month long trip to Europe, but that seems to be out of the question. I guess we'll have to rent a car for a month now when we get back.

That is kind of how I feel, and this is the 4th time I've bought a luxury car in my 6 or so years of being able to do so. The test drive and initial ordering process is definitely better at Tesla, but so far, everything after that has been unimpressive at best. Once I placed an order, I found that Audi/BMW sales associates were far more responsive in terms of updating me on the process, and more importantly, giving honest and accurate answers instead of extremely optimistic hopes.

The latest response from my Tesla DS has been that they are having production setbacks while they try to improve quality and safety, but hope to get ramped up again "soon". I was also told that the schedules are "in flex" from day to day so don't trust the estimates. This is all incredibly troublesome to accommodate, given the already-long 6 week window still shifts up and down by 4 weeks at Tesla's whim…

So far, not please with the entire experience at all. Probably worse than the haggling we had to do with the Merc/BMW dealerships.
The communication with the DS is bad at best. I only sent two emails to my DS and both times he took more than 48 hours to get back to me.
90D VIN 1384XXX pushed to June - Early July delivery.
Ordered early April and requested mid June delivery hoping that we would get the car in mid June when we get back from the month long trip to Europe, but that seems to be out of the question. I guess we'll have to rent a car for a month now when we get back.

KTF @jzhan and @chillaban .....
I am in almost the exact situation. Whatever the crazy reason, it'll soon be forgotten. In the meantime, I am enjoying everyone's excitement and cant wait for us to be part of it!

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Mine entered production on 4/28. It was completed on 5/2. Since 5/2, it has been in the "transit from the factory" process. I am scheduled for pick up on Tuesday, 5/25. I am on the East Coast.
I'm right behind you, then. Same production date, but mine didn't change to in transit until May 5. Should be late next week for me!

I'm right behind you, then. Same production date, but mine didn't change to in transit until May 5. Should be late next week for me!

Mine has been listed as "in transit" too... however, I was told by my DS that the car hasn't left the factory and is being queued for shipping. The car will likely ship via train and will take about three weeks. My Tesla indicates a 5/25 - 6/8 delivery but not sure how that's possible at this point. I'm picking up in South Florida.

That is kind of how I feel, and this is the 4th time I've bought a luxury car in my 6 or so years of being able to do so. The test drive and initial ordering process is definitely better at Tesla, but so far, everything after that has been unimpressive at best. Once I placed an order, I found that Audi/BMW sales associates were far more responsive in terms of updating me on the process, and more importantly, giving honest and accurate answers instead of extremely optimistic hopes.

The latest response from my Tesla DS has been that they are having production setbacks while they try to improve quality and safety, but hope to get ramped up again "soon". I was also told that the schedules are "in flex" from day to day so don't trust the estimates. This is all incredibly troublesome to accommodate, given the already-long 6 week window still shifts up and down by 4 weeks at Tesla's whim…[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. They all seemed so nice, helpful, and responsive until your order is "confirmed." Then it takes more than 48 hours for them to respond. I don't think this is something any consumer should experience, especially if the car costs more than $100k. For that, i could buy a SL 550 and get better customer service. I am a pretty grumpy customer now.

Really strange - I thought that in light of all the other reports of cars being pushed from May-June, mine would be pushed into June-July as well. Received an email today from DS advising that I am going into production Monday. Model S 90D 140883 - Ordered 4/15/16, Confirmed 4/22/16, destination Tysons Corner, VA. Traded in my Model S 85 ( 0004118) a few weeks ago.

Really strange - I thought that in light of all the other reports of their cars being pushed, mine would be as well. Received an email today from DS advising that I am going into production Monday. Model S 90D - Ordered 4/15/16, Confirmed 4/22/16, destination Tysons Corner, VA. Traded in my Model S 85 ( 0004118) a few weeks ago.
Dang... My confirm was 4/21/16 and is targeted the last couple days of May

Mine has been listed as "in transit" too... however, I was told by my DS that the car hasn't left the factory and is being queued for shipping. The car will likely ship via train and will take about three weeks. My Tesla indicates a 5/25 - 6/8 delivery but not sure how that's possible at this point. I'm picking up in South Florida.
MyTesla has said May 15-29 for a while now, and they said they expect it in Tampa by middle of next week. So I'm guessing it's in Birmingham now being offloaded and put on a truck? I got all the docs for payment as of yesterday, which I'm guessing they wouldn't do unless it was truly on its way. Maybe yours was on the same train, and will just need a few more days of travel by road!

That's fun! DS said it "could" be earlier - I guess one of the hangups is the rail yard shutting down for the holiday.
Yeah, I've heard the same thing. I'll be picking up at Villa Park, and they are going to be trying to get the car on a truck right away. They are trying to arrange a special pickup for us because of our situation (I have cancer, and my 1.5 year old just had a liver transplant and still needs a kidney transplant). Apparently they said that the service center is closed on Saturday, but they are making arrangements for everyone to come in for our pickup. They said it is possible it won't be ready until Tuesday, but they think they should be able to get everything done for Saturday.

My DS has been pretty awesome though. He emails me status updates almost every day, and calls periodically to make sure we're still good for a Saturday pickup since they need to make sure people are willing to come in on a holiday weekend for this. They are making a really big deal about us getting the car, and said that they have something really special planned for my son. I'm not sure if it will be one of those Radio Flyer cars or what, but they've already given him a bunch of clothes and stuff.

From my DS:

"I am still waiting on the production to begin on your Model S. The good news is, the build process should not be very extensive on your P90DL, & I expect that we will be looking to get you behind the wheel in the first half of June."

Went from May 23-28 to first half of June.

1396xx

• Informative
Reactions: Tech_Guy