Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The production schedule is crazy. Mine was also confirmed mid-April (April 16). It is a P90Dl in midnight silver with almost all options. My DS is responsive when I ask questions but never initiates any interaction. I did ask why others who have places orders after mine have already gone into production while I am still in the same status. The reply:

"The factory builds cars in groups based upon the configuration of the vehicle. So someone could place an order and have a quicker build time, if that specification is currently being worked on. In comparison, someone could place an order at the exact same time with a different configuration and there Delivery day may a lot later. Your time is coming soon!"
I pretty much got the same run around comment when I called the factory right now, very lame and unprofessional! My DS is off today so tomorrow he will get back to me and let me know what the heck is going on....

I guess I'm not alone after all. 90D VIN1384XX still in queue. Given that people who are in production already have delivery date in late June, mine probably won't be delivered until mid July to late July at the earliest... My DS also still haven't gotten back to my last email that was sent last Thursday. They really know how to push people's patience to the limit aye?

Just checked mytesla ... "Your Tesla is in production. " ... yeah!!

I updated the spreadsheet.

(Masseeh: The spreadsheet has a filter applied when I viewed it, I unselected the filter. )
Congrats!!!

What do you think the turnaround time is from when production starts till production ends? Mine went into production on 5/21. Also not sure if the factory is a 7 day a week operation.

That is great DoubleE. Looking forward to seeing your car around the city. I have yet to see a facelift Model S out and about. I did see a red one in the MV Mall store over the weekend though - looks GREAT! For me... still not even in production yet.

I saw the red one at the MV mall too when I did my test drive there a few weeks ago.

My neighbors got one of the pre-refresh model S' a few weeks ago... I'm sure they are going to kick themselves when they realize there was a refresh released.

I guess I'm not alone after all. 90D VIN1384XX still in queue. Given that people who are in production already have delivery date in late June, mine probably won't be delivered until mid July to late July at the earliest... My DS also still haven't gotten back to my last email that was sent last Thursday. They really know how to push people's patience to the limit aye?

who is your DS? I was experiencing the same thing. I had to call my owner advisor to get in touch with my DS.

who is your DS? I was experiencing the same thing. I had to call my owner advisor to get in touch with my DS.
My DS is Andrew.. surprisingly my adviser at Costa Mesa isn't that responsive as well, but he usually gets back to me within 48 hours, which is still acceptable. The DS on the other hand... has never gotten back to me within 48 hours..

That turnaround time is most impressive and encouraging, but I doubt mine will be like that :(