Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went into production in the middle of the night. 90D vegan, pearl white, 1416xx, pick-up in Fremont.

For Fremont picker-uppers, how long from the production email until you can actually go pick it up?

Our cars are production line mates, mine is a similar configuration (same color and same seats) and also went into production last night. My VIN is 1422xx.

More later!

I'm having too much fun!

Looking good! I don't know if it's the lighting or what, but the wheels look white in that picture.

Here are their standard pricing for various tint options:

$245: Llumar ATC - ALL WINDOWS
$345: Llumar CTX - ALL WINDOWS
$445: Wincos Nano Ceramic - ALL WINDOWS
$180: Llumar Air80 - FRONT WINDSHIELD ONLY

Definitely go to them! Let them know that I referred you, and maybe they'll give you a discount? Erwin Espiritu - with the Midnight Silver Tesla tinted on 5/25.
Thanks man appreciate it. I just emailed them, I will be going to them on Sunday June 3rd. Why didnt you get the pano roof done? Just wondering. Thanks again!

Thanks man appreciate it. I just emailed them, I will be going to them on Sunday June 3rd. Why didnt you get the pano roof done? Just wondering. Thanks again!

I thought about it, but it seems like the pano roof is already really dark tinted, and seems to reject a lot of heat as is.

I may add it later if there is still too much heat coming into the car.

My patience has been tried too.

Based on what I read here about delivery dates changing, I emailed my DS and he called me yesterday. He said not to worry, my car was on target for "late May/June" which has been showing up on my MyTesla page since I got the confirmation. Today I checked MyTesla, and sure enough the date is now "late June/July." I turned in my Mercedes whose lease ended May 13th based on those delivery dates (could have extended it if I needed to).

My order is a P90DL Titanium VIN 1389XX
Ordered April 6th
Confirmed April 13

I guess I don't understand the process very well. I see someone with a P90DL here with a VIN of 1396XX ordered after me is already in production. Tesla's reputation is dinged when they make changes like this without any clear communications as to the why.

The only good thing I learned is that since I am in Arizona, the cars always go by truck.

So Tesla, the god of EV's heard my prayers - the car went into production today! : )

2 total USB ports, however, if you use the dock from Tesla, it leaves one 1 open USB port unused.

Would have been nice to have more USB ports; perhaps some in the rear.
Can you show us a picture of your phone inside the dock? Thanks again! I bet you are loving your car. We will for sure see each other driving around Costa Mesa. Mine will be black with grey rims and tinted like crazy!

Reactions: Reekdog
Our cars are production line mates, mine is a similar configuration (same color and same seats) and also went into production last night. My VIN is 1422xx.

Looking good! I don't know if it's the lighting or what, but the wheels look white in that picture.
They are very "thick", which does give them that appearance. I noticed it in person at the Tesla Road Trip event. I'm not in love with them, so may find aftermarket wheels at some point

I ordered on 4/8 and confirmed on 4/15, which was 2 days after the refresh. I was told by Tesla reps at the DC showroom, Tyson's corner show room and Bethesda showroom that there was no longer piano black and that I'd get dark ash. Go figure.

I got the refresh w/ Bioweapon filter. I don't care about the piano black but I don't like that reps give answers that they have no real clue about. Communication within Tesla is inconsistent and often poor.

I was told I will be getting ash too but then I told them I prefer piano black so they changed it back to piano black for me...

hmm... now thinking about it it seems ash maybe nicer or am I just thinking too much? I though piano black feels more "high tech"?

Anyway, anyone taking delivery yet in Asia?

I am in Hong Kong with vin#136xxx

I was told I will be getting ash too but then I told them I prefer piano black so they changed it back to piano black for me...

hmm... now thinking about it it seems ash maybe nicer or am I just thinking too much? I though piano black feels more "high tech"?

The sample in the store was very difficult to distinguish from piano black, I thought.

Took about 2 hours total.

I had them do:
  • all 5 windows tinted with 20% Wincos Nano Ceramic (does not interfere with phone/electronics)
  • windshield with LLumar Air80 (clear) heat rejecting film
I can't give out my price at the request of the shop owner. He gave me a discount as I am a repeat customer, who has been tinting with them for years.

However, here are their standard pricing for various tint options:

$245: Llumar ATC - ALL WINDOWS
$345: Llumar CTX - ALL WINDOWS
$445: Wincos Nano Ceramic - ALL WINDOWS
$180: Llumar Air80 - FRONT WINDSHIELD ONLY

Thanks!

Now that I've entered production, DS told me 8-10 days for factory to release vehicle, then it heads to service department where will they prepare vehicle for delivery, which entails a final inspection and full detail. She will schedule a delivery appointment once my S "progresses to a mid-stage of production." I'm mentally targeting June 8 as my delivery date.

Reactions: vtvox

One is plastic one is real wood, I am not a fan of plastic anything