Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Production started Monday. Email from DS late Friday said " Your car is in the early stages of production". I think it would be better if they just said, we will notify you when we know it will be done. All the other info is just a lot of background noise.
I agree. My car went into production on 5/21. Emailed my DS and he said right now it's in paint and paint should be done by mid week. Isn't paint the first thing that is done? If so what has been done to the car the past 9 days? Anyways it doesn't make sense.

I agree. My car went into production on 5/21. Emailed my DS and he said right now it's in paint and paint should be done by mid week. Isn't paint the first thing that is done? If so what has been done to the car the past 9 days? Anyways it doesn't make sense.

They build the body in white first out of the stamped aluminum parts, then paint the body. 9 days is oddly long to just get to that stage in production. My car started production after yours and the delivery window is June 2-9. It probably takes an extra day shipping to Portland than it does SoCal.

They build the body in white first out of the stamped aluminum parts, then paint the body. 9 days is oddly long to just get to that stage in production. My car started production after yours and the delivery window is June 2-9. It probably takes an extra day shipping to Portland than it does SoCal.
Ya who knows. The whole process and timing is so different for so many people so it's really hard to gauge when the car with be complete.

DÆrik Solutions,

Would you mind sharing who is doing your wrap and Opti-Coat in Denver? Looking to get the same done when my S arrives. Not sure that PM is supported on this site, but let me know somehow. Thanks!

I'm using ColoradoDetail. I went and visited his shop on Friday and checked everything out. He showed me around and explained everything. He does a lot of Teslas and I feel like I'm putting my car in good hands. facebook.com/ColoradoDetail/

I will send you a PM also.

Thanks Erik