Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DS keeping me in the loop. Car will arrive at SC tomorrow. Pickup possibly Saturday, but probably Monday/Tuesday. My Tesla has shown the delivery window as May 26 - June 2 for the last week, which of course is impossible as June 2 is the day the car will arrive at the SC. I always assumed that when My Tesla shows a one week long delivery window the car is already at the SC.

Reactions: vtvox
This whole waiting process is starting to get a little old. Even my DS can't give me straight answers. Even if the car is a month late I wouldn't mind as long as its relayed to me and it's valid. Also the only reason why I need to know is because I have a current lease that needs to be returned next week. My car has been in Production since 5/21...and all they have told me is "I believe its in paint...not sure". Errrr:mad:
I know it's frustrating, but don't let it get to you. Delays can be from engineering holds, parts or paint shortages, delivery interruptions, etc. and it doesn't look like the DS's get clearly defined communications from the factory or transportation units. I work within another manufacturer's ecosystem and have to explain delays to customers every day. The only message you DON'T want to get is the dreaded "totaled in transit". Trust me; I've been there...

Hope your SC doesn't keep the car a week prepping it before you get it!

It sounds like the Portland service center is topped out and backed up. The guy who arranged the install of my HPWC said almost 100% of their business are HPWC installs and they are booked weeks in advance. I only got it installed today.

Yippee! I just went to delivery time frame June 4-11.
Happy Dance!!!

Super Happy Happy Dance !!

DELIVERYTUESDAY JUNE 7th at 10 am!!
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like my Model S is set to arrive at the East Coast rail hub on the 7th, between 48-72 hours from rail hub to Service Center by truck. It's been 'in transit' since the 25th of May.

Anyone know how long it takes to prep the Model S for delivery? Hoping I can pick it up on the 10th of 11th, though my DS continues to tell me that we're "on track for a mid-June delivery."

Good news on my front as well. My 90D completed production and was cleared for transit today.
Delivery date range that was June - Early July has been updated to June 6 - June 13.
DS emailed me proactively and said the car will be in Denver probably Tuesday, and that late next week pickup is the most likely scenario.
I ordered on 5/2, and confirmed on 5/10. My expectation has always been late June, so this is a welcome surprise. To take possession of a custom built-to-spec car in about 30 days is flat out phenomenal.
Spreadsheet updated. Looks like maybe I was part of a batch of 90D build outs. It's starting to get real.