Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a quick update on the car:
After taking delivery for two days I had to tow the car for a 12 V battery error. They changed the battery and converter but then noticed it was the main charging unit. Today I got a message that a bolt was worn out while removing the seat and it has to go to the body shop. Super bummed and hope to get it back soon.

Wow, that sucks! Why did they have to remove a seat?

I hope all those dislikes on your message were people commiserating.

• Disagree
Reactions: vtvox
First delivery of a 90 with the new front for Toronto (they had previously delivered a 70 or 2 with the new front earlier). 3 other cars scheduled for pick up today according to the guys, although I think they were with the original nosecone. I gather it gets a little frantic in there at times. From the count, there were about 6 cars in the shop awaiting delivery. I also inquired about the X model as they were noticeably absent - first delivery of those is this month but I think that's going to happen around the 16th too - you'll get to see it hopefully.

First delivery of a 90 with the new front for Toronto (they had previously delivered a 70 or 2 with the new front earlier). 3 other cars scheduled for pick up today according to the guys, although I think they were with the original nosecone. I gather it gets a little frantic in there at times. From the count, there were about 6 cars in the shop awaiting delivery. I also inquired about the X model as they were noticeably absent - first delivery of those is this month but I think that's going to happen around the 16th too - you'll get to see it hopefully.

Congrats !!! Question - do you know when yours arrived by truck? Ie turn around time to prep for delivery ? There's a few of us with a truck scheduled for a hopeful arrival on the 13th

Hope your son enjoyed the surprise !!!

Status just changed! YAY. Taking delivery in Paramus NJ. Was May, then July, now actual dates in June!
Woohoo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160602-180502.png
    Screenshot_20160602-180502.png
    500.8 KB · Views: 63
Status just changed! YAY. Taking delivery in Paramus NJ. Was May, then July, now actual dates in June!
Woohoo
Great News!... Finally the Jersey cars are starting to show signs of life.. I'm picking up in Paramus as well, I have a 90D, which one is yours? 70 or 90... Hopefully we'll be in the same truck. DS told me mine is set to finish early June, but still says in production queue, so I'm thinking that things are rolling, but I'd like to see that status change. In any case Congrats to you. I'll keep my eyes peeled on mine. Good luck!

Given the VIN number we already know it's not a Performance model but is has dual motors. And we also learned that red paint was not the stuff missing to start build mine ... :rolleyes:
I'd say by Wednesday of next, we should see all our cars in production with some good dates in June.
June looks good, unless something unforeseen happens, 6 weeks+ since placing order, it's close... the perception of time is just terrible when waiting for this thing. The stress alone has taken 5 years off my life for sure, maybe after I get the car, I'll get some of that back, hopefully all of it, but I expect some kind of permanent damage... lol... let's keep our eyes open.

Reactions: Mimzil
Great News!... Finally the Jersey cars are starting to show signs of life.. I'm picking up in Paramus as well, I have a 90D, which one is yours? 70 or 90... Hopefully we'll be in the same truck. DS told me mine is set to finish early June, but still says in production queue, so I'm thinking that things are rolling, but I'd like to see that status change. In any case Congrats to you. I'll keep my eyes peeled on mine. Good luck!
70D here... Yes, hopefully our cars will road trip together!

I'd say by Wednesday of next, we should see all our cars in production with some good dates in June.
June looks good, unless something unforeseen happens, 6 weeks+ since placing order, it's close... the perception of time is just terrible when waiting for this thing. The stress alone has taken 5 years off my life for sure, maybe after I get the car, I'll get some of that back, hopefully all of it, but I expect some kind of permanent damage... lol... let's keep our eyes open.

I hope you're right! Six weeks doesn't sound like much at the beginning but now April feels like a lifetime ago. I've heard others in this thread say it before, but I actually got mad when the gas light came on in my Fusion Energi today! I hope this is my last tank!

Ordered my first S early December 5, 2013 and it was delivered March 17, 2014. Fast forward 2 years it's more likely to be 2 months of wait. Let's call it progress.
@AxelF make a zoomed copy of your last receipt for gas and frame it, I guarantee you're not going to miss the stop at the gas station (unless there is a supercharger close by)!

Reactions: vtvox