Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S70
midnight silver metallic
pano roof
auto pilot
premium upgrades

5/13 - ordered
5/17 - confirmed
5/20 - VIN
6/3 - in production

like everyone else I'm very excited to get my car. it's been several weeks of sleepless nights waiting for an email or a refresh on the "my tesla" page. I'm developing hyperacidity coz of the stress... my DS said that my delivery date would be between June 18-21 but in my page it still says June - early July delivery. hope I get some good news anytime this week!

You are lucky, we have the same timeline and I got nothing! vin is 1441XX

I don't even need transparency into "which car will they build next". If you ask me, Tesla management just needs to audit DS performance as whole.
Emails should be responded to in 24 hours. If on weekends, then by COB Monday. That's part of a DS's job ... to convey information sure, but to reassure the customer that Tesla knows what they are doing with respects to delivery, and is on top of it.
No lying or guessing. If you don't know, just say so. If it's an estimate ... say so. If you only have a hunch, convey that. If the customer gets mad, well, you can't please everyone but you can have your integrity and set expectations fairly.
Customers who are a little nuts demanding multiple or continual updates, or who become bossy "do you know who I am" types ... one email a day max otherwise send them to infinite refresh on mytesla.com to soothe their pain.
Overall ... I'm fairly happy with the communication with my DS so far, but don't doubt for a second others' experiences with DSs.
I had an informal chat with a loan agent who seemed to know quite a bit about individual DSs at Tesla. Some DSs were quite outstanding, candid, responsive. Others, "well they might get back in a few days, but you have to stay on them".
Tesla can and certainly should fix this. I think customer delivery experiences will improve and at least be consistent.
I think it's an easy fix too

Reactions: jzhan
I am, Vin 1441XX, got Vin 5/17 and still no Production email but others with higher vins are already in transit, makes no sense, I'm picking up in Ft Lauderdale and my DS keeps telling me next week....that was last week lol
My Vin is 1432xx and I am picking it up on Friday. As per the website, it's in transit. Are you planning on getting Xpel or OptiCoat or anything? Who is your DS?

I don't even need transparency into "which car will they build next". If you ask me, Tesla management just needs to audit DS performance as whole.
Emails should be responded to in 24 hours. If on weekends, then by COB Monday. That's part of a DS's job ... to convey information sure, but to reassure the customer that Tesla knows what they are doing with respects to delivery, and is on top of it.

This for sure.
I think the longest turnaround time from my DS was 5 business days.. yes a whole week. It's not longer because I sent him another email friendly reminding him that it had been a week. That was ridiculous. I emailed my DS three times in total or about once a month and he really took his sweet time on all occasions.

Reactions: vtvox
I am in South Florida. Ordered on 3/31, confirmed 4/7. I finally went into production on May, 26th and switched to "In Transit" on May, 28th. My estimate is delivery around June, 15th-17th. I have no exact date scheduled, yet. Just my personal guess.
I ordered May 3th, confirmed a week later. It went into production on May 25th and I am picking it up on Friday. Mine switched to transit on June 1st. I guess our cars took the trip together? Have you called your DS to get a delivery date?

Slow to post, but here's my new MS I picked up at the Fremont factory last week.

70D, Premium Package with an all vegan interior, including the custom steering wheel.

This was yesterday, not long after getting Opticoat Pro Plus applied. Looks even better in person.

View media item 115205

Nice !!!!!!
How are you liking the seats?
I ordered them as well but they didn't have any at my showroom to view and test ....

Well now that a few more of our cars have entered Production, here is something else we can all obsess over: download the tesla app and type in your credentials.

Mine currently says "No Vehicles linked to My Tesla Account". I now find myself opening this app like once an hour and refreshing it to see when my car shows up. That will be the official moment of its birth I suppose when it's electronic brain is tapped into the net!

For others who have already gotten delivery how long did it take for yours to show up on the app after production start?

• Funny
Reactions: JHarmBravo