Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my S70 today. It was exciting driving it around running errands. Obligatory picture below. Confirmation to delivery was 43 days.

Delivery tips (mileage may vary):
1. Ask them to remove the car info sticker on the window. A guy from the service center had a razor blade and a cleaner handy. The tape leaves the most disgusting residue if you don't have either.
2. If you need to use any EZPass roads to get home, bring your EZPass online account info. I logged on right after delivery to add my new car. This way I don't have to fidget with the EZPass at the paytoll. I can just roll through and have them do the courtesy plate lookup. Now that the car's home, I'll figure out an inconspicuous place to mount the transponder.
3. If you're like me, driving ICE cars for years, and feeling awkward without the slight creep and with the heavy braking of regen. Turn one on first, get used to it, then turn the other one on too. I'm trying to get used to regen first, then I'll turn creep off.
4. DO NOT use summon yet. The delivery demo guy was showing summon on my new car, felt confident that it would work, stood in front of the car and it kept going, before he hit the manual stop on the fob. Apparently, the car needs to "calibrate". "Don't use summon until you hit a few hundred miles."

View attachment 180187
Beautiful! Thanks so much for the info...I have written it all down on my checklist.

Our cars will definitely be traveling together! I am wondering about the statuses of gassole and middleseat? As they will probably be on the truck as well.

Thank you for the info...very helpful!
And don't forget about mailtrey too!

There were lots of cars in the SC . . . couldn't tell if most of the MS were refresh or pointy. But I did see some of each. And a decent number of X as well.

Anyone in Jersey has heard from their DS or has any update aside from being in production.
My page is stuck there and my DS is MIA - not returning my E-mails. I'm looking for something like in transit or possible transit method, maybe some dates in the horizon. I have nothing, just says in production and June - Early July for delivery ETA.

Accessories discussed in detail here: What To Buy For My New Model S

Seems the most popular things are
- Paint protection
- trunk organizer
- replacement floor mats
- Charger cable management

There are specific recommendations for all those things in abundance on that thread and in many others
Any suggestions on a wireless camera set up for use in the rear seats/trunk when my kids are sitting there? Looking for any creative solutions. They are 4 and 5

Spoke with my DS yesterday while getting trade in estimate taken care of. He changed the delivery day from Thursday to Wednesday with the possibility of Tuesday if it arrives earlier than expected. Curiously, the estimated delivery date on my MyTesla page changed from June 1st - June 15th to June 11th - June 18th.

Reactions: Big-Al
Does your center console have hidden rear cup holders? Someone in another thread finally got the rear cup holders that were rumored but he had ordered the console after delivery. They would be below the vents in rear.

Just checked. While there are 4 cup holders for the front, there are none for the back seats. Is it an after market console?

The refresh front console has two cup holders in the armrest and two adjustable ones in a lidded compartment. The compartment has wasted space behind the cup holder as the lid does not fully retract enough to make that space accessible.

Anyone in Jersey has heard from their DS or has any update aside from being in production.
My page is stuck there and my DS is MIA - not returning my E-mails. I'm looking for something like in transit or possible transit method, maybe some dates in the horizon. I have nothing, just says in production and June - Early July for delivery ETA.
No reply from my nj ds in 3days and mydates are 8-15...so 2 days have already passed

Another Tesla coming to British Columbia. "My Tesla" has just switched for the second time today to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory" and the delivery window condensed down to June 15 - June 21. Now I am getting excited!! 1409XX confirmed April 22. Good luck everyone.
Glad my prediction earlier was off! Congrats!

Planning on Fashion Island on Sunday. Whoever else is going, put your TMC "handle" on your name tag.

I was going to the Mission Viejo social, but it looks like a couple of folks in the similar delivery timeframe are going to Newport. Maybe I will switch and go there as well - it will give me an opportunity to drive further. Hmmm... did I just say that I wanted to drive further - what has this Tesla done to me? :D

Reactions: MSullivan
Our cars will definitely be traveling together! I am wondering about the statuses of gassole and middleseat? As they will probably be on the truck as well.

MyTesla still showing "In Production" with no window yet. Still showing Late June-July. I sent an email to Whitney to ask for status - I'm hoping for positive news!

Definitely looks like all of our cars will be on the same truck.

I'm almost at the two month mark since I placed the order. I'm ready to get in this car and DRIVE!! (Or use the Autopilot LOL)

Does your center console have hidden rear cup holders? Someone in another thread finally got the rear cup holders that were rumored but he had ordered the console after delivery. They would be below the vents in rear.

No rear cup holders anywhere in my car. The vents in the back of the console have a void space underneath that is essentially a footwell.

Just checked. While there are 4 cup holders for the front, there are none for the back seats. Is it an after market console?

The refresh front console has two cup holders in the armrest and two adjustable ones in a lidded compartment. The compartment has wasted space behind the cup holder as the lid does not fully retract enough to make that space accessible.

Look at this link, they might be easy to miss #142

• Informative
Reactions: Mailtrey
Confirmed 4/7
Production start - end 5/26-5/28
In transit 5/28

I contacted my DS yesterday via phone, didn't get an email response. Again, I was told everything is normal with my order, no delay and the car is on its way. So I finally had it and went off on him. Everything is for sure not normal when other people who ordered a week or two after me are already driving their car happily for a week or two! And that I want more concrete answers than it will be here when it's here! Anyways, with a little bit of luck I have the car next week Friday after a 2 1/2 months, teeth pulling, excruciating waiting period.

Hey Alex, I hope lady luck takes care of you fast!! I've entered day 55 in the production queue and at this point, I am hoping to claim the longest wait record, a Tesla tiara and swag bag like no other. So if you would kindly get out of my way and into your car, I just might self proclaim myself the winner! :D

Geez, Hopefully yours comes through soon NikeWings!!

Ive setup an appointment for my 3m Scotch Guard Pro Protective film, chrome blackout, and 3m crystalline tint!! my plan is to take my car directly there Tuesday so I don't become to attached they tell me 3-5 days to get all that done... I'm hoping it will be done by the weekend but id rather have them do a great job!! :rolleyes:

My DS (Paramus) confirmed delivery yesterday. They have so many deliveries, my scheduled pickup is next Tues.

Reactions: vtvox and Tech_Guy

I got the email Monday that my car is in production. MyTesla says expected delivery is between June 15 - June 29. The wait is killing me!