Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my S70 today. It was exciting driving it around running errands. Obligatory picture below. Confirmation to delivery was 43 days.

Delivery tips (mileage may vary):
1. Ask them to remove the car info sticker on the window. A guy from the service center had a razor blade and a cleaner handy. The tape leaves the most disgusting residue if you don't have either.
2. If you need to use any EZPass roads to get home, bring your EZPass online account info. I logged on right after delivery to add my new car. This way I don't have to fidget with the EZPass at the paytoll. I can just roll through and have them do the courtesy plate lookup. Now that the car's home, I'll figure out an inconspicuous place to mount the transponder.
3. If you're like me, driving ICE cars for years, and feeling awkward without the slight creep and with the heavy braking of regen. Turn one on first, get used to it, then turn the other one on too. I'm trying to get used to regen first, then I'll turn creep off.
4. DO NOT use summon yet. The delivery demo guy was showing summon on my new car, felt confident that it would work, stood in front of the car and it kept going, before he hit the manual stop on the fob. Apparently, the car needs to "calibrate". "Don't use summon until you hit a few hundred miles."

View attachment 180187
Beautiful...and the same color as mine!

Reactions: AxelF
MyTesla still showing "In Production" with no window yet. Still showing Late June-July. I sent an email to Whitney to ask for status - I'm hoping for positive news!

Definitely looks like all of our cars will be on the same truck.

I'm almost at the two month mark since I placed the order. I'm ready to get in this car and DRIVE!! (Or use the Autopilot LOL)
Same boat. No production yet. Happy for everyone else though!

Reactions: Mailtrey
thanks who knows when this piece will start showing up, and if it will be easy to add.

I notice that car has tan seats and probably one of the wood upgrades. I have the black ash and black interior. There is just a smooth arc from the bottom of the vents to the floor. I don't see how anything could be retrofitted in there that looks like it was built that way.

And don't forget about mailtrey too!

There were lots of cars in the SC . . . couldn't tell if most of the MS were refresh or pointy. But I did see some of each. And a decent number of X as well.

:( I hope so, but it does not look likely - I am still sitting "Order Confirmed" although my DS said that they are trying before the end of the month. The fact that I am not in production (or at least not as of the website) makes me think I may miss this batch (tears)...
If that changes in any way in the next day or so \, all by Houston/Texas brethren will hear my shouts of joy ;)

Reactions: LAN1017
Yay! . That helps explain the lack of response I've had from Paramus... They must be swamped. Can't wait to hear about your experience!
Yup DS just emailed me that they're working around the clock to get the cars delivered. They are all being delivered by truck through so 8 to 10 days max... but they're busy, besides that, no info on my car... he said when he has something he'll send my way... give him a week and see what's going on between him and my Tesla page.... Let us know the experience after your pickup for sure.... Thanks and congrats...

Reactions: Mailtrey
Anyone from OC going to the Tesla social?
SackAttack. Pleasure to run into you in Lake Forest. I was amazed how many Model S were driving on that my same corner all at once. Which event are you looking to hit up. Getting the windows tinted thanks to DoubleE advise. Tried to get it done delivery weekend, may 28 but they double booked the slot. Maybe will see you at the social.

Reactions: SackAttack
To the rest of you waiting for delivery. Patience my friends, your baby is coming. You want them to take their time to get it done right. And believe me when I say ... TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT!! I haven't had time to post because I have had to much fun driving anywhere and everywhere. The delivery and all the follow ups by the team are amazing. I still have perma-grin. Such a pleasure to drive.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 98
:( I hope so, but it does not look likely - I am still sitting "Order Confirmed" although my DS said that they are trying before the end of the month. The fact that I am not in production (or at least not as of the website) makes me think I may miss this batch (tears)...
If that changes in any way in the next day or so \, all by Houston/Texas brethren will hear my shouts of joy ;)
Sorry! I noticed you weren't in production yet so figured you'd be on the next truck. I'm betting you'll still get it by the end of the month. You are probably just a week behind us.

Right there with you buddy...

SackAttack. Pleasure to run into you in Lake Forest. I was amazed how many Model S were driving on that my same corner all at once. Which event are you looking to hit up. Getting the windows tinted thanks to DoubleE advise. Tried to get it done delivery weekend, may 28 but they double booked the slot. Maybe will see you at the social.
Hey man, it was great meeting you. I just found out I gotta be in San Diego this weekend so I won't make it to the social. I'm getting the tint done tomorrow.

Are you guys planning on getting 3M crystalline on the sides and back?

I've got GREAT news today too: My DS called me and we tentatively scheduled factory delivery next Thursday! I'm so thrilled!

BTW, my DS has dramatically improved in responsiveness since I voiced my dissatisfaction regarding the response turnarounds to Tesla (in the forum of a voicemail to the main delivery line). I really appreciate that. So for everyone else who is not happy with the communications from their DS, I would strongly recommend just voicing the complaint directly to the DS or to another branch of customer service. It's a lot easier to enjoy the anonymity of the Internet and bicker about our DS'es on here, but I was pleasantly surprised at the difference I saw after taking the complaint up directly with Tesla.