Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
California Tesla owners (or soon to be) ...... just noticed that the CA CVRP $2500 rebate has been exhausted (Personal and Business). Clean Vehicle Rebate Project They are honoring applications through tonight only and then its a waiting list until Jerry increases funding. You have 14 days after application date to submit all documents so consider reserving your funds tonight if your delivery is imminent and uploading the required purchase docs before the 14 days expire.

Thanks very much for the heads-up Nike - but there might be a problem. I just now completed the form and uploading all of the information, and it indicates that my form was submitted on June 11th. The website shows that all Applications submitted after June 10th will be placed on the wait list. Considering that it is June 10th 9:45PM here on the west coast, the June 10th deadline must have been close of business today :mad:. I have been sitting on the form with the link to the CleanVehicleRebate since Wednesday - had no idea the funding would run out this week :(.

Thanks very much for the heads-up Nike - but there might be a problem. I just now completed the form and uploading all of the information, and it indicates that my form was submitted on June 11th. The website shows that all Applications submitted after June 10th will be placed on the wait list. Considering that it is June 10th 9:45PM here on the west coast, the June 10th deadline must have been close of business today :mad:. I have been sitting on the form with the link to the CleanVehicleRebate since Wednesday - had no idea the funding would run out this week :(.

LOL,
I just did the same thing! I got the June 11th date also. I called them and left message with my application number with the date of the 10th. The notice just says the 10th, nothing about a cut off time.

California Tesla owners (or soon to be) ...... just noticed that the CA CVRP $2500 rebate has been exhausted (Personal and Business). Clean Vehicle Rebate Project They are honoring applications through tonight only and then its a waiting list until Jerry increases funding. You have 14 days after application date to submit all documents so consider reserving your funds tonight if your delivery is imminent and uploading the required purchase docs before the 14 days expire.
Thanks you, thank you! We've been procrastinating on this, so hopefully they'll accept our submission tonite.

I love this forum.

Reactions: NikeWings
It probably varies a bit as they batch cars, but I got the in production e-mail just before midnight on May 23, and I heard from my DS that the car was offloaded from the truck in Portland on May 31. It probably would have been the 30th if it wasn't a holiday. The earliest pick up date they could arrange was June 6. So it was just shy of 2 weeks from start of production to delivery.

They had two truck load of cars arrive on Monday when I picked up the car. They seemed to indicate they were getting more than 2 truck loads a week.

The Portland Service Center is badly backed up. They now have to do a lot more inspection of the Xs coming in which probably slows everything down. Tesla Portland was in the news yesterday. Tesla has leased an old warehouse on the waterfront. A group of bicycle advocates asked Tesla to extend the waterfront bike path through Tesla's property and Tesla has agreed to do it. They don't have to, but it's good advertising.

Thanks. I got a call from my DS saying that The car would arrive by This weekend and I can pick it up Friday. They must be very busy that they have to wait almost a week to PDI the cars.

I saw that article about the new location and bike path. Good for Tesla, other developers have not shown as much good will toward fixing up the bike path. One specific developer fought tooth and nail to avoid spending any money on waterfront clean up and development until the city had to take care of it. Makes me feel proud to own a vehicle from a company that cares enough about local issues to give a few bucks. Also, I'm sure it's good advertising for them too.

Reactions: wdolson and newtman
image.jpeg
Midnight metallic grey 70D
Ordered April 29
Confirmed May 5
Delivery window June -early July
Production June 6
In transit June 9
Delivery scheduled June 17

I tried to do this but it tells me Your vehicle’s purchase/lease date is in the future. This application must be submitted on or after your vehicle’s purchase/lease date.
Use your contract date and resubmit for reservation. At least be on top of the wait list now as a portion of the reserved funds are bound to expire and re-allocated to next in line. The date is only meaningful for the pre 3/30/16 qualification determination and/or to ensure the application is within the 18 month from purchase/lease window.

Same problem- I'm now on the wait list too. Wonder if there is some kind of appeal process. Uhg!

@jf2go and @AxelF and @Tech_Guy

Yep the lack of funds caught me off guard too. Not sure what clock they are operating on as I got confirmed ~ 7:30pm. Try giving them a call next week with your email date in hand they might accommodate you, Worse case you are at the top of the wait list and most certainly there are reserved funds that won't be qualified/paid. I hope it works out for you all.

Waiting for Jerry may take awhile; he hasn't yet extended the green hybrid stickers and they've been emptied out since last November.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Tech_Guy
Potentially good news.

For what it is worth, I was told that in the past, the California $2,500 rebate technically ran out of money but each time the legislature extended the program. Since they just introduced the income-based restrictions a few months ago, I would be surprised they went through all the trouble drafting the new regulations if the program was ending this June.

Potentially good news.

For what it is worth, I was told that in the past, the California $2,500 rebate technically ran out of money but each time the legislature extended the program. Since they just introduced the income-based restrictions a few months ago, I would be surprised they went through all the trouble drafting the new regulations if the program was ending this June.
That's what I was thinking. Why go to all the trouble to re-write it if it was just going to expire. I think it will get extended as will the federal rebate possibly.

Here it is!! after I got home I installed the oem carbon spoiler, debadged the 70, and remove the front plate in an hour. By mid next week it will have 21 inch axis MS wheels, tint, and xpel front wrap

Attachments

• 20160611_075156.jpg
    20160611_075156.jpg
    645 KB · Views: 98
  • 20160610_200812.jpg
    20160610_200812.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 20160610_200759.jpg
    20160610_200759.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 20160610_160707.jpg
    20160610_160707.jpg