Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PROGRESS !!! Just checked the website and it now says "In Production" :)
No email from Tesla or my DS as of yet though. About to check all the "Production to Houston delivery" historical numbers in the spreadsheet :)
Its getting real :cool:
Congrats Mailtrey!!

Mine is supposed to get to Houston today. So that would be 10 days since it entered production. DS said they needed 3 days for prep. We are trying for a Friday delivery but it may have to be Sat morning.

Just figured out I can only charge up to 48 amps when I ordered the 72 amp charger. Tesla confirmed I ordered the charger. Not my hpwc as my other S charged at 80 amps perfectly for 2.5 years. I hope it's an easy fix. Any ideas on how this is rectified?

If they did ship it to you with the 48 instead of the 72, im sure it won't be that hard to get corrected. Tesla offers the upgrade an after delivery option. This means that they will be able to do it at your service center.

• Informative
Reactions: Big-Al
For the guys in New Jersey. I suppose we're just sitting quietly and waiting. My update is that the car is in transit from factory; delivery window is June 20 - 27th. my production had started on 6/6 looked like it finished this past Friday 6/10. In any case, the cars are coming by truck, so when they say delivery estimate, is that the delivery to the local center in Paramus or you taking delivery of the vehicle within that time frame above.
Monday is the 20th, so this week just is pretty much blah week, just sitting and counting stones. Now my DS has never contacted me to give me any info on this stuff (like in transit, we expect things here by this or that time-nothing), terrible DS I have, has anyone contacted you guys to schedule possible pick ups or give you guys any ETA on things?
My Paramus DS has been excellent. Spent more than enough time with me answering my questions. Picking up my car 3PM today. Within the 8 day time frame posted on My Tesla page. Maybe you will cut him some slack when you see how many new cars are in the lot being prepped for delivery.

My Paramus DS has been excellent. Spent more than enough time with me answering my questions. Picking up my car 3PM today. Within the 8 day time frame posted on My Tesla page. Maybe you will cut him some slack when you see how many new cars are in the lot being prepped for delivery.
lol you just said you DS is excellent, answering your questions and yet work in the same environment as mine, so if yours has been excellent and mine completely absent (with the same workload), why should I cut him some slack?

Reactions: Casavant
In any case, I can't be more than a couple of weeks away, so I've waited more than 2 months so far, so what's 2 weeks... 3 weeks after I was confirmed, I had to send an E-mail to introduce myself, that should have been his part to begin with - I feel; now I get that they're busy and volume will only increase for Tesla. It may not be totally his fault, but they'll have to re-calibrate... They've done an amazing job with one factory - I think... I hate to speculate on anything with any company, especially Tesla, because everyone speculates on orders and processes, but it's almost like a black hole in there, no one really knows what's truly going on. At the end of the day every order is fulfilled 2 ~ 3 months down the line and I guess all is forgotten afterwards and buyers move on.
It's the end of the quarter and they're pushing more and more through, so their guys are exhausted... I'm sure in a couple of weeks you won't hear a peep out of me and just like everyone else, I'll probably say it was worth the wait... I suppose it could have been worse, where you'd be told it'll take 2 to 3 months and not hear anything until a few days of pickup time; great forum, lots of support and that helps with the wait for sure.... Good luck at pickup at 3pm and Congrats!

lol you just said you DS is excellent, answering your questions and yet work in the same environment as mine, so if yours has been excellent and mine completely absent (with the same workload), why should I cut him some slack?

I agree YV. Mine was excellent as well. There's no room for a poor customer experience in a company that wants to change the world.

Reactions: Mailtrey
Crazy! I thought for sure we'd made it on the same truck!

What's funny is in January my neighbor ordered an X75D, which are finally going into production, and it sound like our cars came in on the same truck.
You guys are killing me;). I've been hoping for late June, but still not even in production. I'm getting used to living vicariously...

• Funny
Reactions: Zybd1201