Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called him. He has never been available for a phone call when I have called. Very little communication at all honestly. The only time I actually got reasonable communication was when I asked to speak to a supervisor. Unfortunately, this entire process has been utterly horrible for me and the thought has crossed my mind to just cancel the order and give up the $4500 in deposits I have made.

Sorry to hear about your frustration but hoping you change your mind and stay the course. The reason that this thread is 615 pages is because everyone before you has experienced the ordering ups/downs as well. We all get so excited and literally hang our emotions on every action....thus this thread's origin.......the "Tracker" on page 1.

Every post is a personal step forward or back based on a responsive DS or unresponsive DS, emails or no emails, and earlier VINs or later VINs passing us by, yep, we've all been there and we made it out thrilled. Its a start-up company and we are expecting legacy results. But even despite the glitches and deviation from personal expectations, a custom built machine like this in ~ 60 days is hard to find anywhere else. Hang in there, its not personal..............NW

PS --this post made it 616 pages now. LOL!!

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Sorry to hear about your frustration but hoping you change your mind and stay the course. The reason that this thread is 615 pages is because everyone before you has experienced the ordering ups/downs as well. We all get so excited and literally hang our emotions on every action....thus this thread's origin.......the "Tracker" on page 1.

Every post is a personal step forward or back based on a responsive DS or unresponsive DS, emails or no emails, and earlier VINs or later VINs passing us by, yep, we've all been there and we made it out thrilled. Its a start-up company and we are expecting legacy results. But even despite the glitches and deviation from personal expectations, a custom built machine like this in ~ 60 days is hard to find anywhere else. Hang in there, its not personal..............NW

Thanks for the encouragement. :) I'm a super level headed guy but I certainly do detect a theme in my experiences with the company that does not inspire confidence in my >100k purchases. It is something I will continue to serious consider. No decision made at this point.

I got mine on Friday and the standard 19" tires were Goodyear Eagle. I think that's what's been on the recent ones.

I think they switched to the Goodyears earlier this year. From what I've read, the Goodyears are the quietest 19 inch tires available, but I think the Michelins are better overall tires. When it comes time to get new tires I'll probably be getting the Michelins. I'd rather have a little more noise and better gripping tires in bad weather.

This is a very old thread too. It goes back to the early days of the Model S.

Thanks for the encouragement. :) I'm a super level headed guy but I certainly do detect a theme in my experiences with the company that does not inspire confidence in my >100k purchases. It is something I will continue to serious consider. No decision made at this point.
That would only deprive you of an amazing car. Only you lose if you cancel. Hang in there, it's worth it!

How do you know? As far as anyone can find, the there is no info on the new Goodyear tires. Here is Tireracks reviews:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+Touring&partnum=445VR9ET

My DS said he noticed a difference in noise level when they switched to the Goodyears.

Here are some of the sites where I have seen info on the Michelin Primacy MXM4s:
Primacy MXM4 tires | Michelin US
Green and Grippy: Michelin's Primacy MXM4 Tire - Motor Trend

Anyone have pics of a new silver metallic with tan next gen seats? I went back and forth on color three times before committing on the silver metallic and now I'm having a panic attack that it won't look good.

And I'm nervous about the tan next gen seat color. The website makes them look orange and the sales rep assured me they were much lighter than the picture... i hope he's right.

Brian

I got the tan next gen seats with my blue metallic. I love them in every way. I probably would have put black with silver, but if you like the tan, I think you'll be happy with the color when you see it.

Anyone have pics of a new silver metallic with tan next gen seats? I went back and forth on color three times before committing on the silver metallic and now I'm having a panic attack that it won't look good.

And I'm nervous about the tan next gen seat color. The website makes them look orange and the sales rep assured me they were much lighter than the picture... i hope he's right.

Brian

@Lightmatrix can you post pics of your silver/tan for Brian?
I saw you post elsewhere that you had this combo and loved it.

IMG_8081a.jpg
IMG_8082a.jpg
OK, we have a couple of pictures. This is the midnight silver with grey NG seats (not so visible), but after a thorough "paint correction", Xpel on the impact areas. and quartz finest all over

• Love
Reactions: NikeWings
I ordered my MS last week, today is the confirmation window - can't wait for this email ( been refreshing my inbox a mill time). I need this car ASAP as 1) I can't wait & 2) I am trading my car with tesla around July 28ish.

What's the timeline people are getting who ordered a week from today? Looking got DC/MD/VA timeline - I know west cost is much faster
You don't have to wait the 7 days to confirm. Once you finish the items in the checklist in MY TESLA you can confirm. AFAIK