Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery just y'day, lovely car especially that acceleration and autopilot mode which to me makes a huge difference to my everyday driving experience... going on a highway now becomes a lot more relaxing! Overtaking is a complete piece of cake and when I feel like sitting back and relaxing autopilot takes care of it... best of both worlds!

However, I do have to point out a few issues I have been experiencing already...

1) Not major but A/C makes some weird noise at times which is barely noticeable when driving so that's ok (maybe car is just too quiet when idle haha)

2) HUGELY ANNOYING: charger port sensor not working and my screen constantly says my charger port is open despite me trying to close it multiple times, clean the magnet, reset dash and 17" screen etc...

3) QUITE ANNOYING: steering modes doesn't seem to be working... steering wheel feels the same "comfort" mode like stiffness in the first 180 degree turn regardless of which mode I set... really not ideal for driving dynamics especially on the highway... definitely not the same as what I felt in the numerous test drives I had before placing my order... the difference in stiffness should be and can only make sense if felt right from the slightest turn of the steering wheel to give the more sporty accurate stable feel...

4) My DS did not tell me I needed to programme the side mirror tilt so for a day I thought that was broken as well... darn...

Scheduled for service on item 2) and 3) next Monday...

Anyone else experiencing similar or other issues with their new deliveries?

Joining the Tesla MS party...it's going faster than I expected. :)

Ordered date: 11 June 2016
Confirmed date: 18 June 2016
VIN date: 19 June 2016
VIN: 1484XX
Production date: 25 June 2016
Delivery Window: July - Early August
Delivery Window updated on: 28 June 2016:D
Delivery Window updated to: 7 July to 21 July 2016

Model S 60
Titanium Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Grey Next Generation Seats
Figured Ash Wood Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension

Tracking sheet updated. :cool:

I ordered my RWD 60 in Pearl White optioned exactly like yours except no air suspension, 10 days after you. Just got my Vin this AM and my delivery window is Late Aug-Early Sept!

Please tell me others have experience with their delivery date moving up. When I ordered I was told late July-Early Aug!

Reactions: ploon94

:cool:

Wow that was quick! I'm exactly one week behind you as to VIN date. No word yet on Production date; maybe i'll hear one week from today!

Reactions: ploon94
My wife and I ordered our Model S on June 16. We are getting an S90D | Deep Blue | Body Color Roof | 19" SS | Multi Pattern Seats | Carbon trim | Black headliner | AP | Premium PKG | Air Suspension.

Placed order 6/16/16
Confirmed 6/24/16
VIN issued 6/24/16
VIN 1492xx
Dallas delivery scheduled earliest available. MyTesla currently shows July - Early August.

Reactions: BigAirHarper
My wife and I ordered our Model S on June 16. We are getting an S90D | Deep Blue | Body Color Roof | 19" SS | Multi Pattern Seats | Carbon trim | Black headliner | AP | Premium PKG | Air Suspension.

Placed order 6/16/16
Confirmed 6/24/16
VIN issued 6/24/16
VIN 1492xx
Dallas delivery scheduled earliest available. MyTesla currently shows July - Early August.

Took delivery today, what a joy to take the wheel (and big thanks to those making it possible to drive such a magnificent piece of equipment)!

twall-e kopie.png twallefront kopie.png twalleback kopie.png

(edit; spreadsheet updated)

Production Complete and in transit as of today. 29 June 2016. :eek:

Model S 60
Titanium Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels