Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although, I didn't manually confirm--that button was there for me to use if I choose to do such. It was right on the front page of MyTesla under where it showed my VIN number. I think it first showed up after I entered some of the requested information including my driver's license information.

I confirmed on 6/3, but my vehicle is still in production and I haven't received an exact date range. When I first ordered it was June/July, then it changed to July/August. This is so disappointing.

Maybe if I didn't take that 24 hour Model S test drive this past weekend, I wouldn't be so anxious. lol.

Who was your Owner advisor? and now the DS? you should tell them to call and check the status

I confirmed on 6/3, but my vehicle is still in production and I haven't received an exact date range. When I first ordered it was June/July, then it changed to July/August. This is so disappointing.

Maybe if I didn't take that 24 hour Model S test drive this past weekend, I wouldn't be so anxious. lol.

How do you get one of these 24 hour test drives? I have asked the guy that coordinated my test drive this weekend and he hasn't responded since being so snappy to respond before.

It would benefit me much more in my decision due to deciding factors on 2 kids, space, drive commute, etc.

How do you get one of these 24 hour test drives? I have asked the guy that coordinated my test drive this weekend and he hasn't responded since being so snappy to respond before.

It would benefit me much more in my decision due to deciding factors on 2 kids, space, drive commute, etc.

tell them the same thing you just said here and if he is not responding call the store and speak to a manger - did the same and ended up getting it for Friday to Monday

Pretty much just tell the sales team that. If the guy that coordinated isn't responding, just call the general sales line again (who knows, he might be out of the office or not working those days).

I find that sometimes they won't offer a 24hr test drive but can offer an overnight one quite easily.

So east coast deliveries work this way per my DS, they all get sent by train to Alabama and then trucked from there. They might be trucked directly towards the end of the quarter. We might be on the same train

OK, just some data points.... The East Coast is a big coast... and should not be generalized. Our shipments of Model S and X to NY, MASS, CONN pretty much come directly by truck from Fremont. This is not to say that "some" shipments in the past have come in to the Newark, NJ freight yard by train. Then on to showrooms and SC's by truck from there. However, I would say in the last 9 months, it appears that most shipments do arrive directly by truck from Fremont. Some trucks are the enclosed type and others are open. The truck drivers tend to caravan in route and often times will make a few local deliveries on the way. For instance, the truck carrying my S stopped in Colorado on the way here to Connecticut. Know this by having talked to the driver(s).

The trucks then go back West full of Audi's, BMW's, Jags and Volvo's from what I was told. They do not go back West empty.

You may never hear from them. lol
It took emails 3 days in a row and I got a call from the guy I bought the car through. He said the DS team asked him to reach out because on the last day of the quarter the DS's are completely slammed. I am hoping that once things calm down next week that I'll actually hear from someone on the DS team since my delivery is expected 7/11 to 7/25.

It took emails 3 days in a row and I got a call from the guy I bought the car through. He said the DS team asked him to reach out because on the last day of the quarter the DS's are completely slammed. I am hoping that once things calm down next week that I'll actually hear from someone on the DS team since my delivery is expected 7/11 to 7/25.

It is very possible that your expected delivery dates will change.

Mine have changed a number of time and currently it is showing 4-5 weeks after what I was originally told.

I hope things go smoother for you but I think it helps if you lower your expectations. I have not gotten the impression that Tesla does a good job for people in the stages between putting down a deposit and delivery of the car. Just don't expect anything until your car gets delivered and even then expect something to be wrong with the car. If you hear from your DS more than once or twice and there is nothing wrong with the car when it is deliverred and you get it within a few months call yourself a winner. :-D

you have been in production since 6/21 - wow

Just to be clear. My original order was in May but we had a number of issues which had to be addressed at the manager level. Not here to tell the whole story but just to say that lowering your expectations may be appropriate. It is my first 6 figure car purchase and I just expected a little better. That doesn't mean I am right. It just means my expectations were set at a level which led to disappointment.

I have also updated my signature to show my new delivery date showing on MyTesla.

Can you do it on the Tesla Motors site?

How? Any tips you gave for speedy delivery?

Soooo I ordered 6/21 and did some digging on this because I couldn't find the button either. Well it turns out, they removed the feature a few days before ordered. I called Fremont and they confirmed that it's now mandatory to wait 7 days. I spoke with my store contact and she said she got it "pushed through" but I don't think it really helped. Still got my VIN exactly 1 week after ordering. HTH

Picked up my S90D at the Houston North SC yesterday. Many thanks go to Susan, Whitney, and Dayan who made the order through delivery experience first rate! The My Tesla page was always a little behind on updates, but ~60 days order to delivery for a custom made car...works for me.

I only have 70 or so miles on the car so far, but I have quite the grin right now. A few notes and initial impressions:
  • No cosmetic issues with the car. Body panels aligned well and no paint defects.
  • Daytime running lights are working correctly.
  • No wind noise or rattles so far.
  • Slacker and My Tesla apps worked before I left the SC.
  • I detected a very slight whine from the front end on hard acceleration with the AC and radio off. Can't hear a thing otherwise. This car is quiet!
  • It was 98 degrees outside, but the AC set at 74 was plenty cold. (No pano roof or window tint, btw.)
  • Of course, liked the overall power, but LOVED the instant acceleration. Point and go!
  • I'm 6'2" and like the seat all the way back. I have at least 1.5" of headroom. (Not so fortunate in the back seat, but I don't plan to be there...ever.)
  • Used the air suspension to keep from scraping on a sloped parking lot. 19" wheels with air is a great mix of compliant and sporty.
  • The low, low center of gravity is the real gem here. Surprising that a car this heavy actually feels pretty nimble.
  • Logged about 30 miles on Autopilot, mostly in stop and go on I-10. It got a little iffy while passing a couple of exit ramps, but I never had to take control. Wonderful feature and very cool!
Enough for now. Didn't mean for this to sound like a fanboy post and I plan on writing a more balanced post later, but seriously...:D:D:D:D:D.