Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there @ArtInCT think those same trucks are the ones making Philly area deliveries? My date is a ways out yet (mid to late August) but curious if it's truck or train.

Xenius:
I really have no idea about the Phili deliveries as I have not spoken to the truck drivers that make those deliveries. Perhaps someone in the Phili area who hangs at the Service Center can fill you in on that. Sorry.

Cnasty had asked for some description of the delivery process in Dallas. My car was delivered yesterday and the process was very smooth and informative. Our car has Air suspension and Auto Pilot so I would imagine that the time to go through the features would be less on car not equipped this way. My wife and father both attended the delivery and so with questions and comments from 3 people the total time from walking into the showroom (15 minutes early) to driving away was approximately 1.5 hours.

The car is wonderful! It rides and drives nicer than any car I can remember driving. My wife finally got her turn to drive after we were closer to home and out of rush hour traffic, I don't think she has quit smiling yet. The air suspension has been used on at least three driveways already and works like a charm.

The above said I have already had an issue, it appears that my travel charger is DOA. After arriving home (I gave friends rides first) we unloaded the car and got out the charger. I plugged into my NEMA 14-50 and immediately saw 247-9v. However after several minutes of saying that charging would start shortly the car issued a "check charge cable" warning. I then found an extension cord and tried a NEMA 5-15 plug (all the garage ones are GFI) and got the same thing, 127v +/- no amps and a cable check warning. I called 24 hour tech support and they walked me through a hard restart of the car but that didn't solve the problem. We determined that the cable must be faulty. Everything is scheduled for me to pickup a new cable in Dallas today. Tech support suggested that the car will also be connected and some diagnostics run while we are back in Dallas.

Moral of the story: During the delivery walk through and setup process they like to keep the car plugged in to make sure you have good full range upon departure. I suggest that this would be an excellent time to test your travel charger before heading home.

Now for the eye candy!

I hope all of you get your cars quickly and have many safe and happy miles driving them.

TaTaTda (horn sound announcing...) I just placed my order for a Model S 60. Weeks of hand wringing now at closure.

Time to start the log:
Ordered = 7/11/16
Confirmed = 7/?
Entered Production = 8/?
Exit Production = 8/ ?+ 7 days
In Transit = 8/7 + 14 days
At Service Center = Sept 1 ?
Commissioning date = Sept + 14 days?
First night home = My Birthday mid Sept????

Multi-coat Arrest-me Red MS60
19" wheels, standard fins
Metal (aluminum) roof = not pano
Autopilot 1.0 (damn, I wanted to get 2.0)
Tan leather Next Gen Seats
White Alcantra headliner

Model 3 - still on reservation.

Reactions: ploon94 and Nevek
TaTaTda (horn sound announcing...) I just placed my order for a Model S 60. Weeks of hand wringing now at closure.

Time to start the log:
Ordered = 7/11/16
Confirmed = 7/?
Entered Production = 8/?
Exit Production = 8/ ?+ 7 days
In Transit = 8/7 + 14 days
At Service Center = Sept 1 ?
Commissioning date = Sept + 14 days?
First night home = My Birthday mid Sept????

Multi-coat Arrest-me Red MS60
19" wheels, standard fins
Metal (aluminum) roof = not pano
Autopilot 1.0 (damn, I wanted to get 2.0)
Tan leather Next Gen Seats
White Alcantra headliner

Model 3 - still on reservation.
Pretty accurate estimations according to the spread sheet. I would optimistically guess your delivery would be the last week of August or first week of September.

Cnasty had asked for some description of the delivery process in Dallas. My car was delivered yesterday and the process was very smooth and informative. Our car has Air suspension and Auto Pilot so I would imagine that the time to go through the features would be less on car not equipped this way. My wife and father both attended the delivery and so with questions and comments from 3 people the total time from walking into the showroom (15 minutes early) to driving away was approximately 1.5 hours.

The car is wonderful! It rides and drives nicer than any car I can remember driving. My wife finally got her turn to drive after we were closer to home and out of rush hour traffic, I don't think she has quit smiling yet. The air suspension has been used on at least three driveways already and works like a charm.

The above said I have already had an issue, it appears that my travel charger is DOA. After arriving home (I gave friends rides first) we unloaded the car and got out the charger. I plugged into my NEMA 14-50 and immediately saw 247-9v. However after several minutes of saying that charging would start shortly the car issued a "check charge cable" warning. I then found an extension cord and tried a NEMA 5-15 plug (all the garage ones are GFI) and got the same thing, 127v +/- no amps and a cable check warning. I called 24 hour tech support and they walked me through a hard restart of the car but that didn't solve the problem. We determined that the cable must be faulty. Everything is scheduled for me to pickup a new cable in Dallas today. Tech support suggested that the car will also be connected and some diagnostics run while we are back in Dallas.

Moral of the story: During the delivery walk through and setup process they like to keep the car plugged in to make sure you have good full range upon departure. I suggest that this would be an excellent time to test your travel charger before heading home.

Now for the eye candy!

I hope all of you get your cars quickly and have many safe and happy miles driving them.
Fantastic feedback and your tip will definitely let me check it before we leave.

Any red bow??? ;)

Is that black or blue? Looks beautiful. I'll be getting the black.

Reactions: Macbest
I just want to vent.

Ordered: 6/9/2016
Confirmed & VIN assigned: 6/17/2016
Production Start: 6/28/2016 (per MyTesla)
In transit: 6/30/2016 (per MyTesla)

Per MyTesla estimated delivery 07/4/2016 - 07/11/2016

White 60D with NextGen seats and autopilot.

Only received the auto email which indicates whose your DS. No other phone calls or emails. So since I was in the area of where my delivery was to take place I decided to stop by and see what was going since delivery was suppose to occur by 7/11 which was yesterday. I gave the Tesla Rep my VIN and she finally finds my order after locating some correspondence of me looking for a CPO. She says she going to back to talk to the delivery team to find out why I haven't heard anything. She comes back and says a delivery team member would be out shortly to discuss my delivery.
Few minutes later another lady comes out and indicates my DS is not in today due to an emergency and she can ensure my vehicle will be ready in the next 2 days and she will have my DS reach out to me tomorrow. I tell her that i just stopped by because I hadn't heard anything. She says the vehicle is in transit now and they have to go through the final inspection and prepare the car for delivery. I tell her that's weird since MyTesla indicated it was in transit before the 4th of July. I said so the car is here now but you don't want to tell me that. She says she has to look into it and she will call contact my DS.
Guess you have to initiate contact.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. Might be time to start calling out the bad DS and centers. Might have a trend.

I just want to vent.

Ordered: 6/9/2016
Confirmed & VIN assigned: 6/17/2016
Production Start: 6/28/2016 (per MyTesla)
In transit: 6/30/2016 (per MyTesla)

Per MyTesla estimated delivery 07/4/2016 - 07/11/2016

White 60D with NextGen seats and autopilot.

Only received the auto email which indicates whose your DS. No other phone calls or emails. So since I was in the area of where my delivery was to take place I decided to stop by and see what was going since delivery was suppose to occur by 7/11 which was yesterday. I gave the Tesla Rep my VIN and she finally finds my order after locating some correspondence of me looking for a CPO. She says she going to back to talk to the delivery team to find out why I haven't heard anything. She comes back and says a delivery team member would be out shortly to discuss my delivery.
Few minutes later another lady comes out and indicates my DS is not in today due to an emergency and she can ensure my vehicle will be ready in the next 2 days and she will have my DS reach out to me tomorrow. I tell her that i just stopped by because I hadn't heard anything. She says the vehicle is in transit now and they have to go through the final inspection and prepare the car for delivery. I tell her that's weird since MyTesla indicated it was in transit before the 4th of July. I said so the car is here now but you don't want to tell me that. She says she has to look into it and she will call contact my DS.
Guess you have to initiate contact.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. Might be time to start calling out the bad DS and centers. Might have a trend.
My DS called me the day after I placed the order.