Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here! I know that there is zero chance of the app working before delivery... yet every so often I tap on it just to make sure.
Ditto for me too. Why do I check the app repeatedly even though I'm not picking the car up until tomorrow, because I BELIEVE something will show up there. What's that line about doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result?

Ditto for me too. Why do I check the app repeatedly even though I'm not picking the car up until tomorrow, because I BELIEVE something will show up there. What's that line about doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result?

I refreshed my MyTesla page today, no real change; however, I now have a referral code (that's only good for like 2 more days)... so I guess something did end up changing. But kind of feel like I've gone insane :)

Reactions: Macbest
Just a reminder to all of you obsessed with the need for more tiny morsels of hope, don't spill your drink on the keyboard, instead, make sure you update the almighty spreadsheet so the rest of us can make wild guesses about where our precious is in the queue... And for those who are already spreadsheeting, here's a totally speculative but fun wild guess... if you look at the cars that went into production on 7/11 - 7/12, note that a large number of them are to be delivered at Fremont (lends much weight to the idea that the line is adjusted by region, which we already know with regard to model 3 deliveries west coast first etc.) Also note this batch of west coast cars comes right after a 4 day factory shutdown for the 4th of July, which would be a great time to reconfigure the robots and the line for the next iteration of magical hardware (auto-hover!) . Well, I can dream, can't I? If true, you heard it here first. If not, well, I admit I did recover that spilled drink from the keyboard...

Also - spreadsheet tip, if you have a google account and you're logged in, you can make a copy of the spreadsheet in Google Drive, (File -> Make a Copy, not shared) and then you can sort the columns by dates, vin numbers etc. (select the column head, then Data -> Sort) which will allow you to better see where you are in the chaos. Curious that Silver cars are rare, isn't it?

Reactions: javawolfpack
Just a reminder to all of you obsessed with the need for more tiny morsels of hope, don't spill your drink on the keyboard, instead, make sure you update the almighty spreadsheet so the rest of us can make wild guesses about where our precious is in the queue... And for those who are already spreadsheeting, here's a totally speculative but fun wild guess... if you look at the cars that went into production on 7/11 - 7/12, note that a large number of them are to be delivered at Fremont (lends much weight to the idea that the line is adjusted by region, which we already know with regard to model 3 deliveries west coast first etc.) Also note this batch of west coast cars comes right after a 4 day factory shutdown for the 4th of July, which would be a great time to reconfigure the robots and the line for the next iteration of magical hardware (auto-hover!) . Well, I can dream, can't I? If true, you heard it here first. If not, well, I admit I did recover that spilled drink from the keyboard...

On the flip side, the most recent one to go into production is mgmdaware's, which is destined for Washington DC. Looks to be exactly two weeks between confirmation/VIN (6/30) and prod start (7/13). I figure they're just going in order.

DS emailed me that my car will be going in for Final inspection and track testing... I can pick up as early as next wednesday... 2 weeks ahead of estimated time.
Track testing? I was wondering why my vehicle already has 50 miles on it before I receive it tomorrow. New vehicles I've gotten in the past typically would have < 10 miles. No fair that my car got to race on a track without me.

@wilheldp , good point. So I went back to the spreadsheet (obsessed) and ran averages for ONLY Florida and still came up with 14 - 15 days from production end to delivery. I am sure my DS is right, but I can only hope he's wrong.:( I need to get a life!

BTW, I got my VIN the same day I got confirmed and I just noticed I got a referral link today as well.

Reactions: ploon94
4 days after confirmation and still no VIN.

I did get my referral link though if anyone needs one. Only 2 days remaining.

That's odd, I'd likely email your DS, as seems like you should get your VIN reasonably soon after confirmation. Especially since you are in CA... I could think potentially international shipments might hold off if they are going to have delays for production as they state that you'll get the VIN about 5 weeks before production or something in their delivery guide.

Today i finally went into production. Auto email from Tesla, not from DS nor on My Tesla does it show this. I will update spreadsheet when i get home.
Ordered: 6/19
Confirmed: 6/26
VIN: 6/27
In Production: 7/14
Delivery point: Fremont Factory
My Tesla still shows: Delivery July - Early August

I really thought this would ease my excitement and stress to keep looking at the My Tesla page, but nope, i'm still doing it!