Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My DS finally called this afternoon. No particular surprises, although he initially said that the car would be going into production early August, and when I asked him to confirm that, he nudged it to late July/early August. I note now on the My Tesla page that I have a referral code, though it's good for another two days, lolllz.

Ordered: 6/19
Confirmed: 6/26
VIN: 6/27
In Production: 7/12
Delivery point: Burbank
Shows Delivery late July - early August

S60 with minimal options and autopilot

I'm installing the NEMA 14-50 plug myself, got all the parts and it's going in this weekend.

Update: DS called today and said the car will be ready for pickup next Wednesday. Just about 30 days from when I ordered it!

Reactions: BigAirHarper
4 days since my confirmation and I still don't have a VIN. My DS says its normal despite everyone else on this forum getting their VIN the same day/next day as their confirm date.

Makes me nervous that something is wrong but ultimately it's out of my hands and all I have is Teslas word.

Confirmed: 10 July,
Expected delivery: Early September

@Masti, when did you order? I am also in DC and went into production on wed. No change in my status.

ordered: 6/22
confirmed: 6/30
production start: 7/13

I know they group regional deliveries, so assuming you ordered around my date, I am hoping my status will be updated soon!

@Masti, when did you order? I am also in DC and went into production on wed. No change in my status.

ordered: 6/22
confirmed: 6/30
production start: 7/13

I know they group regional deliveries, so assuming you ordered around my date, I am hoping my status will be updated soon!

ordered: 6/20
confirmed: 6/27
production start: 7/11

Yeas the DS said since they have the 60 they have been selling them like crazy so MY tesla takes a while and sometimes wont update so i can call or email him daily and he will keep me posted.

Where are you picking yours from? I bet our cars are coming on the same truck

My Tesla for me still just has the vin nothing on production etc - you are in the same shoes?

Ya, same. It says my VIN and est delivery window "august -early sept". Below that, it does say, "Your Tesla is in production". Nothing else of importance. I'll be taking delivery at Tysons Corner on Tyco Rd. I emailed my DS yesterday. All he could tell me is that the car is in production and I should definitely expect it in Aug, rather then sept.

• Helpful
Reactions: Masti
Here's my first post to join the club.

I ordered a Model S 90D in deep metallic blue, glossy obeche, and tan leather seats with pano, auto-pilot, smart air suspension, and premium upgrades package.

Here's the timeline so far:
Ordered: 6/20
Confirmed: 6/27
VIN Assigned: 6/28
Production start: 7/6
In Transit: 7/11
MyTesla estimated delivery window is 7/31 - 8/14

So it looks like I have about 2 weeks to a month to continue to enjoy following the updates here. :) It's been helpful to hear from others on the same journey.

DS called- " your car has left the factory and now we are waiting for the in transit status. once in transit it will be a week or so as its coming via truck not train (truck is quicker)"

Estimated delivery - last week of July first week of august. LET THE LOW AND HIGH COUNTDOWN BEGIN T-20 !!!!!

Who's your DS? I want yours! Wonder if my S is on the same truck then? Maybe you could ask about my car. lol

Was told my car is in transit last Tuesday. Maybe I will get it between 3-17 August.