Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well we are on the production line together!!!!

Order: 6/21
Confirmed/Vin: 6/28
In production: 7/15 just got the email

Fits exactly with my 17 day prediction according to spreadsheet.

My tesla page still says late Aug-Early Sept. Delivery.

I'm taking delivery at Orlando SC.

@Masti you have me hoping the MyTesla page is behind the times!

Last edited:
image.jpeg
13 hours, 25 min to go...

HPWC installed today. 21" Gray Turbines dropped at Butler Tire (they are awesome) and ready for mount, Tint options/installers ready to roll... I think I'm set.

Bought a fair amount of various types of vehicles over the years... Never anticipated quite like this one. Hoping the hype lives up to the reality. (I expect it will).

Will post some photos and a summary of the order, wait, delivery experience.

Reactions: ploon94
View attachment 185533 13 hours, 25 min to go...

HPWC installed today. 21" Gray Turbines dropped at Butler Tire (they are awesome) and ready for mount, Tint options/installers ready to roll... I think I'm set.

Bought a fair amount of various types of vehicles over the years... Never anticipated quite like this one. Hoping the hype lives up to the reality. (I expect it will).

Will post some photos and a summary of the order, wait, delivery experience.

Clean looking install
Can you share more pics of your garage setup?
Getting ready to do something similar with floor and cabinets

Thanks SRXW. I'm pretty disappointed. I'm wondering if I contact a journalist (I have 3 in my network of associates, friends and family) and wander in with them, I might find the truth in what's really happening. I would be amazed to find that a RHD car has different headlights to a LHD car.

Roughly in the same situation (only Melbourne). There was talk that RHD models were going to be produced in date order after an upgrade at the factory that made it possible to mix RHD and LHD on the same line but I'd say that might not yet be the case and they're still working towards that upgrade. Or perhaps it really is a shortage of RHD headlights (or some other part that has a RHD variant). I'm on day 51 after confirmation, still not in production. Checking the spreadsheet some RHD orders have taken up to ~90 days to enter production after confirmation. I have been shipped my HPWC though, so I know I haven't been forgotten :)

Thanks SRXW. I'm pretty disappointed. I'm wondering if I contact a journalist (I have 3 in my network of associates, friends and family) and wander in with them, I might find the truth in what's really happening. I would be amazed to find that a RHD car has different headlights to a LHD car.

LHD and RHD headlights are focused differently. Some have a switch (mostly put on European models where there is more need to be able to switch them when traveling to/from UK/IE) but a lot of the time they aren't switchable and are hard focused for RHD or LHD only to reduce cost and complexity. Also wiper assemblies come in LHD and RHD variants. I also image parts of the steering assembly come in RHD/LHD variants. We also have a different charging plug (which would affect European orders too... UK and IE orders are RHD like us so if they are getting delayed like us we could narrow things down further). Quite a few components of cars have LHD and RHD variants.

I also got a call from my DS on Friday to give me an update and he let me know there'd be another month before production for me and he also confirmed it was down to parts sourcing. I have no reason to disbelieve him based on the differences between LHD and RHD models, just bad luck. These things happen, it's not personal :) and look on the bright side maybe in a month AP2.0 hardware will be included ;)

Last edited:
WOOT!!!! Just refreshed my page before calling it a night.... Updated delivery

"Your estimated delivery window is July 23, 2016 -August 6, 2016"

See told you it will update at some point. This makes me believe our cars are riding together to DC area since I have the same timeline. Hardest part is now waiting a week... So close

Based on me DS,he said "the car has left the factory, but not sure if it's in transit yet. Often time a transport company comes in loads the car and then in a day or two leave Fremont area." Assuming that, let's say they leave today (it's a 44 hr ride) and avg drive time for truck driver of 8hrs a day it would be here by Friday ( includes some buffer) and they can prep on the weekend for delivery on the last week.

MGMDaware - Plan on keeping the last week free as I am expecting that will be the time.

What I don't get it is how come the DS claims this is faster than the train - since the train just keeps ridding without stops....

I know I went a little overboard but this car has brainwashed me - never been so crazy about a car in my lifetime

Got it.

GREAT experience. GREAT Car (so far)

Frank and Tyler at Marietta were awesome. Could not have been nicer, more helpful or more efficient.

Tyler doing some instruction/setup/orientation with the wife. (forgot to get a photo with Frank)
IMG_2875.JPG

My completely geeked out son and I. Unfortunate front plate holder still on. (Not for long.)
IMG_2890.JPG

Silver Sport Pedals I ordered from the tesla store. I didn't know if they made it there in time, but there they were. Nice touch in my opinion. Makes the pedals stand out nicely against the black.
IMG_2903.JPG

48Amps off the 60Amp-circuit HPWC installed in the garage yesterday. Thumbs up. (TE Electric in ATL)

IMG_2910.JPG

After Plate Holder Removal. Muuuuuch better!

10-15 Minute Job (with a tool that can get those star bolts started). Son and I went to HD and Lowes and neither had the 90-degree needle nose. Then I remembered that I had a pair of these snap ring pliers at home. Channellock 8 in. Retaining Ring Pliers-927 - The Home Depot worked like a champ. 2 min to get the bolts off. grab bottom of bracket and start pulling. slow easy, increasing pressure. Once it starts to move, move your hands up behind it to get more leverage. most important thing is to go SLOW...and steady. most of the double sided tape will come off easily this way. I didn't have to use any heat or solvent or anything. 10-15 minutes total including a wax of the area behind it.

IMG_2924.JPG

Went by Butler to have the 21" Gray Turbines mounted, but they were super backed up and couldn't get to me today. Monday it is. No worry.

Once those are on and we get to some tint, we are fully operational!

All in all great experience and definitely worth the wait. 6 Weeks for me from Confirmation to Delivery in ATL.

Thanks to all the fellow 'Deliver Update' Forum commiserators. Enjoy the wait as best you can. It's worth it.

And now it's raining. :( I guess I need to go sit in it in the garage again.

Last edited: