Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update! I placed my order on Aug. 9th. Confirmed on Aug. 16th. Went into production Aug. 30th. Production complete Sep. 2nd. Estimated delivery is now September 9 to September 23.

Update! I placed my order on Aug. 9th. Confirmed on Aug. 16th. Went into production Aug. 30th. Production complete Sep. 2nd. Estimated delivery is now September 9 to September 16th. Delivery to North Houston Texas Service Center.

Reactions: Model S M.D.
Update! I placed my order on Aug. 9th. Confirmed on Aug. 16th. Went into production Aug. 30th. Production complete Sep. 2nd. Estimated delivery is now September 9 to September 16th. Delivery to North Houston Texas Service Center.

One week ancestor, roll on!

My Tesla just changed to In Production, one week after yours. If my car follows your path, it would be done around Sep 9. I'm picking up from Fremont, so I assume my delivery would be a few days faster than yours.

Wow, it's really about to happen.

I think The Wait is part of the Tesla experience. Induces Stockholm Syndrome, explaining the fanatically high satisfaction ratings...

Battery controller needs "an upgrade" due to anomalous voltage readings, then a firmware upgrade..... Ahem. Usually we just say we are replacing a defective part and not upgrading....particularly on a car produced 4 days before. Originally were going to have to fly out a field tech from CA to handle but they somehow got it done without that. Not pleased. Although my next gen seats were replaced with (it showed up with) the premium/ventilated seats that were announced the day before mine went into production, so on balance I'm ahead. But excruciating to know it has been sitting there for 7 days. And I still don't have a delivery date.

I just noticed the Accept Delivery button on My Tesla page. I'm so tempted to hit it now, before tomorrow's delivery. Does anyone know if it's ok to click it now? Or will clicking it finalize delivery acceptance right away?

Attachments

• 2016-09-06 20.41.38.jpg
    2016-09-06 20.41.38.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 62
I just noticed the Accept Delivery button on My Tesla page. I'm so tempted to hit it now, before tomorrow's delivery. Does anyone know if it's ok to click it now? Or will clicking it finalize delivery acceptance right away?
No! Don't do it!!! Wait until you have seen the car and completed the walkthrough to check for any defects (unlikely) and then do it in front of your DS on the tablet he/she will lend you.

My 60D just switched from production queue to 'In Production' today. That's 11 days from order confirmation to production start, which seems in line with others right now. Hoping for a couple of days in production and then in transit.

I'm in the DC area. If production is starting today, any guess when it would be delivered?