Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I highlighted the key sentence in green. That is your status. You are waiting in the queue for production. Eventually, that line will change to read "Your Tesla is in production."

Thank you that helps! What I was actually looking for is entitled "Your Delivery," hopefully you can see this picture or screen.
tesla-delivery.png

TessyGirl is right. That picture comes in the email update they will send you. The key thing to know is that the My Tesla page tends to be updated as much as 2 days before you receive that email saying your car is going into production. So for those of us following closely, we watch the webpage for a change in that one little line.

I ordered and confirmed 11/11 and my VIN was assigned on 11/22, however MyTesla does not show the timeline like Pantera Dude's screenshot above, which has the start of the timeline having the VIN assigned going through to delivery. In fact mine just has the message you can see in my attached shot. Is this normal? Do people get updated to the timeline later?

orderscreen.png

(VIN was removed from screenshot)

Thanks. As I expect everyone has been when waiting for their car, I'm just eager to see any change :)

I ordered and confirmed 11/11 and my VIN was assigned on 11/22, however MyTesla does not show the timeline like Pantera Dude's screenshot above, which has the start of the timeline having the VIN assigned going through to delivery. In fact mine just has the message you can see in my attached shot. Is this normal? Do people get updated to the timeline later?

View attachment 204013

Thanks. As I expect everyone has been when waiting for their car, I'm just eager to see any change :)

Yes, this is normal. As others stated, that's not a screenshot from MyTesla, it came from an email update.

Given that you're in the EU (for now ;) ), the hard truth is you likely have a long wait, and your vehicle may not enter production until January. Tesla batches production of their vehicles in an effort for efficent shipping and to maximize delivery counts. They do Europe and other overseas vehicles the first few weeks of the quarter, and US in the later portion of the quarter. That's likely why it doesn't estimate your delivery timeline like those that have been scheduled for production.

TessyGirl is right. That picture comes in the email update they will send you. The key thing to know is that the My Tesla page tends to be updated as much as 2 days before you receive that email saying your car is going into production. So for those of us following closely, we watch the webpage for a change in that one little line.

Got it. Thank you both very much!

View attachment 204013

People said 20 times before. It's a screenshot of an email they send you.

My Tesla page tends to be updated as much as 2 days before you receive that email saying your car is going into production. So for those of us following closely, we watch the webpage for a change in that one little line.

My experience has been the opposite. I got a delivery date via email when the My Tesla page still showed In Production. Even until the night before, my vehicle was still In Production and I never got the notice that production was completed.

Wow, feeling like the newbie on this forum that I am. I have no idea what my MyTelsa page will end up showing. I'll go back under my rock rather than partake in this community :(

Forgive him. We have to deal with people from New Jersey here on the Outer Banks all the time, maybe they are descended from those in North Jersey? ;-) I've found 99% of the people here pleasant. Good luck getting your new car quickly! I know the wait is about to kill me.

• Disagree
Reactions: jldf310
My car still says "in production" and my delivery date is still "late December - January, 2017". I'm an Atlanta delivery also. My car has been in production since 11/22.

From what I've seen on other threads, there is a train that takes the cars going to this part of the country to Birmingham, and then a truck brings them the remainder of the way to Atlanta, so the train should be carrying cars headed to lots of places in the southeast.

Atlanta here as well. Went into production on 11/11 and still says in production. I hope the train is on its way!

Not sure why mine was so quick. I am in AZ so I'm sure that shaves off some travel time. I'll post pics, apparently I have the first all glass roof and one of the first with AP 2.0 in AZ

Picked up today! My DS said I got mine rather quick, and that Tesla is not First in First out manufacturing. They tool the manufacturing line to "batch" similar options together, hence why some get sooner than others.

I attached a pic of my all glass Pano roof. 1st delivered in AZ.

Attachments

• IMG_0571.JPG
    IMG_0571.JPG
    347.8 KB · Views: 68
Took delivery yesterday evening. All good. Looks like all the other the other Mc reds. A bit too bright for my tastes, but the signature red is long gone.

17 mi @delivery. ~50 mi driven so far. 4th EAP car in the Austin metro. Down to just cruise control (not even TACC). Miss the blind spot detection but fellow drivers are slowing down and treating me like the Pope.

Last edited: