Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sdorn
I feel for you. Hang in there.

It's stupid that you are getting no information at all.

It's understandable why Elon is prioritizing East Coast now (to get the cars there this quarter)
And although Tesla isn't upfront about it, we have all figured it out.

It's also understandable if it's something on back order.

But to have NO info... that isn't right.
Customer experience fail

My P100D finished production today Monday afternoon, and is in transit to Vancouver, according to MyTesla. Delivery window is now Dec. 9 to Dec. 16. My DS was out of the office today. I expect to hear from him tomorrow and get a confirmed delivery appointment! I am hoping it will be ready on the 13th, since we will be returning from a trip and picking up my wife's car at the service center that same day!

Reactions: Mach Schnell!
My P100D went into production on 11/11, and it is STILL in production as of 2 minutes ago. Almost a month now!

I wonder what options we have in common? That might help us figure out what the hold-up is. Mine is MC Red, 21" silver wheels, pano, EAP, FSD, Ultra high fidelity sound, premium, black premium seats and black headliner. I didn't order the spoiler, sub zero, high amp charger or rear facing seats.

I wonder what options we have in common? That might help us figure out what the hold-up is. Mine is MC Red, 21" silver wheels, pano, EAP, FSD, Ultra high fidelity sound, premium, black premium seats and black headliner. I didn't order the spoiler, sub zero, high amp charger or rear facing seats.

Mine is a Deep Blue Metallic P100D with premium package, ultra white seats, EAP, FSD, 21-inch silver turbines, pano roof, ultra high fidelity, subzero. Our builds are very close except you got MC red with black seats and you didn't get the sub zero package. I kind of doubt it is the MC red, because I have friends here in Portland who ordered a MC red 75 that went into production a week after mine, and their Model S finished production a while ago. In fact, they have a confirmed delivery appointment on Wednesday!

My worry is they found something wrong with the car that they haven't figured out how to fix yet, or that perhaps the fix involves something fairly time consuming...

Mine is a Deep Blue Metallic P100D with premium package, ultra white seats, EAP, FSD, 21-inch silver turbines, pano roof, ultra high fidelity, subzero. Our builds are very close except you got MC red with black seats and you didn't get the sub zero package. I kind of doubt it is the MC red, because I have friends here in Portland who ordered a MC red 75 that went into production a week after mine, and their Model S finished production a while ago. In fact, they have a confirmed delivery appointment on Wednesday!

My worry is they found something wrong with the car that they haven't figured out how to fix yet, or that perhaps the fix involves something fairly time consuming...

I wonder if it could have something to do with the 21" silver wheels. There are only five cars on the tracking spreadsheet with those wheels ordered this quarter, and none of them show as being delivered yet. Only one shows as having completed production (Pollux), and his car was allegedly completed on 11/25 and is headed for Maryland. He didn't order until 11/2 either, so way after both of us.

Red S60D with 19' standard wheels, glass roof, black next gen seats, EAP, premium upgrade and subzero

Confirmed Nov 21

In Production Dec 4 (noticed by refreshing dashboard)

Still no email confirming production but I notified my DS (Aaron in Toronto - he's great) on Dec 5 and he replied that he checked and believed the car was getting painted "as we speak". I said that's great - it must be at the end of the production process...alas, painting is not at the end of the process! o_O

Aaron (DS) very kindly extended the window for my trade in, which had already been valued with a 2-week expiry, to give me a couple more weeks before I go down to a 1-car family while waiting for delivery. Fingers crossed for no long delays or I'll be giving Uber some extended business.

To all who are waiting with angst, I truly hope you'll be hearing good news soon.

To all who have pick-up dates scheduled, I am (kind of embarrassingly) super excited for you.

Red S60D with 19' standard wheels, glass roof, black next gen seats, EAP, premium upgrade and subzero

Confirmed Nov 21

In Production Dec 4 (noticed by refreshing dashboard)

Still no email confirming production but I notified my DS (Aaron in Toronto - he's great) on Dec 5 and he replied that he checked and believed the car was getting painted "as we speak". I said that's great - it must be at the end of the production process...alas, painting is not at the end of the process! o_O
That's what I was told yesterday. Decided to rewatch the Tesla episode of How Its Made after hearing that.

Just watched it again, TessyGirl. Nerds abound.

Excellent news, Maximapolak! Congrats!! And selfishly, I'm sending out prayers that my car might get finished quickly, in time to join yours on its trek northeast (though my dashboard stubbornly refuses to change off of "Late December - January").

Just watched it again, TessyGirl. Nerds abound.

Excellent news, Maximapolak! Congrats!! And selfishly, I'm sending out prayers that my car might get finished quickly, in time to join yours on its trek northeast (though my dashboard stubbornly refuses to change off of "Late December - January").

Mine took 2 weeks...once it did, next day I had the complete email.

The notifications are delayed so don't go fully by that. Call your OA or DS if you're anxious to know :)

Finally!!

upload_2016-12-6_8-46-27.png

Mine took 2 weeks...once it did, next day I had the complete email.

The notifications are delayed so don't go fully by that. Call your OA or DS if you're anxious to know :)

Emails and dashboards are also out of sync.

My dashboard went from queue to production on Friday, I received the in production email on Saturday.
I received the production complete email on Sunday, my dashboard went straight from In Production to Built and In Transit.
I never received a vehicle in transit or vehicle at service email. Straight to confirmed delivery appointment.

In the span of the weekend (Fri-Mon) my car went from an unknown in production queue with a generic "Late Dec-January" to OMG ITS ALMOST HERE!!! All said and done, it will be a 1 month and a couple of days from ordering (w/ full week confirmation) to delivery.

It changes quick. It's like Pixar where they make you go from :) to :( to a span of 30 seconds.
Instead, Tesla likes to make you go :)o_O:(:mad::confused::D in 2.5 seconds

In fact, someone should sticky this as the 6 stages of Tesla Ordering.

:) = I just placed my order
o_O = I'm in confirmation (Question/Growth Period: What is this? That? Which should I? There's inventory?!?)
:( = I'm locked in (Period of regret/doubt: Maybe I should have got, Is inventory still an option?)
:mad: = WHAT DO YOU MEAN IN PRODUCTION QUEUE?!?!
:confused: = I don't think my timeline really matched the thread/spreadsheet/my original theories (The notifications just make me more confused. The more I read and know about Tesla timeline, the less I actually know. Starting to just accept my car will be here soon enough)
:D = OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!

Emails and dashboards are also out of sync.

My dashboard went from queue to production on Friday, I received the in production email on Saturday.
I received the production complete email on Sunday, my dashboard went straight from In Production to Built and In Transit.
I never received a vehicle in transit or vehicle at service email. Straight to confirmed delivery appointment.

In the span of the weekend (Fri-Mon) my car went from an unknown in production queue with a generic "Late Dec-January" to OMG ITS ALMOST HERE!!! All said and done, it will be a 1 month and a couple of days from ordering (w/ full week confirmation) to delivery.

It changes quick. It's like Pixar where they make you go from :) to :( to a span of 30 seconds.
Instead, Tesla likes to make you go :)o_O:(:mad::confused::D in 2.5 seconds

In fact, someone should sticky this as the 6 stages of Tesla Ordering.

:) = I just placed my order
o_O = I'm in confirmation (Question/Growth Period: What is this? That? Which should I? There's inventory?!?)
:( = I'm locked in (Period of regret/doubt: Maybe I should have got, Is inventory still an option?)
:mad: = WHAT DO YOU MEAN IN PRODUCTION QUEUE?!?!
:confused: = I don't think my timeline really matched the thread/spreadsheet/my original theories (The notifications just make me more confused. The more I read and know about Tesla timeline, the less I actually know. Starting to just accept my car will be here soon enough)
:D = OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!

This is perfectly explained!