Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
<-----New Jersey Delivery

Ordered: 11/21/2016
Confirmed: 11/21/2016
In Production (email): 12/5/2016
Production complete (email): 12/6/2016
In Transit (dashboard): 12/6/2016
ESTIMATED DELIVERY: December 23 - January 6. <---This will definitely change, unless they're walking my car here from Comifornia.

Someone who ordered their car the same day I did, has a delivery date of December 16th.

Delivery date of the 16th? How is that possible, I'm in CA and ordered almost a week before you and DS is still saying around xmas.

Seems aggressive.

Delivery date of the 16th? How is that possible, I'm in CA and ordered almost a week before you and DS is still saying around xmas.

Seems aggressive.

Seems they are building the cars that have the longest distance to deliver first (probably to have more cars delivered before the end of the quarter). They're batching them together to probably save on shipping.

Reactions: wesley888
Thx all. I would have been built this month but they delayed me and said they cannot put me back in queue. I would have been in Dec. I know but as I keep saying I screwed it up.

JRMW Congrats. It's not the car stresses me. It's how careful I was about the timing. That tax credit was going to take that car off my budget for 7 months. Also I'm on vacation for a month, would have liked to have the time to wrap it and learn it before using it to commute.

My Tempe DS told me a week ago that my order confirmed 11/22 was scheduled for second week of December production with delivery in third or fourth week. This seems to align with conventional wisdom that West Coast will be a focus next week. Fingers crossed. Too bad we can't get 2017 VINs if they run out of time this year.

Just
My Tempe DS told me a week ago that my order confirmed 11/22 was scheduled for second week of December production with delivery in third or fourth week. This seems to align with conventional wisdom that West Coast will be a focus next week. Fingers crossed. Too bad we can't get 2017 VINs if they run out of time this year.
Just call it a 2017. Everyone else does.

Still no production for my 11/3 confirmed S60 in AZ. Looks like west coast folks still aren't lucky yet.

My 60D for Vancouver started production yesterday. So that's maybe a day sooner than Seattle in the scheduling - so the rest of the West should definitely be starting.

I never got an email, just refreshed my dashboard and noticed that the text under "What's next?" had changed to "in production". I'd been looking for the change in the estimated delivery window part of the page.

Glad to hear, I also have Tempe delivery. Hopefully mine is included in the same production start as yours (confirmed 11/14). I haven't heard anything lately from my DS, was going to ping him by end of this week.

My order was confirmed on 11/18, and the delivery estimate is still December - January. Picking up in Palo Alto. I've been checking with my DS to make sure that the vehicle is ready for pick-up some time during the week of 12/19, and he says it's on track for that schedule. Production hasn't started yet---presumably it'll start later this week or early next week.

Seems aggressive.

That someone is me.

Someone else in NY had a set hard date & time on the 14th, but the car arrived a week early. They were able to ship from CA to NY in roughly 3 days. It's all very aggressive.

The date I have on the 16th is a hard date & time, with an email confirmation. It's not just a system time frame.

When did you confirm?
That someone is me.

Someone else in NY had a set hard date & time on the 14th, but the car arrived a week early. They were able to ship from CA to NY in roughly 3 days. It's all very aggressive.

The date I have on the 16th is a hard date & time, with an email confirmation. It's not just a system time frame.