Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings from Switzerland!
Today with the new dashboard version, i got a surprise !
The status, from in queue for production... i get that.

I think is a mistake because

1) I am in Switzerland and the the cars for our market dont go in Tilburg!
2) If till yesterday was in queue in Californa what was ? "Back to the future"
3) ordered 11/19 confirmed 11/20 and now that ?!!

What do you think about ?

Same happened to my yesterday
Norway and Switzerland both used to get directly from US as we don't have the same EU taxation/import tariff ruless rest of Europe.
After updating missing information in the new My Tesla layout page and confirmed newly added info 5/5 the page had said that car had entered the factory production queue. But after I updated all the missing info the page changed and said:

"What's Next?
Your Tesla has arrived at the Tilburg Factory in the Netherlands for final assembly. Your Tesla will soon be in transit to your delivery location. Learn about your Tesla. View walkthrough videos."

According to sources about the Tilburg Factory
Ref:" Editor’s Note: We should add this is a ‘final assembly‘ facility, meaning they are mostly just re-assembled after leaving Tesla’s Fremont factory in California in order to meet domestic manufacturing/regulatory standards and to avoid extra EU taxation/import tariff rules.
The ‘final assembly‘ process reportedly takes about 2-3 hours per vehicle, but saves about ~10% worth of fees added to the EVs’ pricing. Countries such as Norway and Switzerland do not have these hurdles in place, and thus those vehicles are efficiently shipped complete from the US."

Attachments

• IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 55
So what is the opinion of the experts ? I am thinking is just a software mistake how said my sales, and now car look like still in US.
Otherwise why a so long deliver ?
End February/Early March !??!

Same happened to my yesterday
Norway and Switzerland both used to get directly from US as we don't have the same EU taxation/import tariff ruless rest of Europe.
After updating missing information in the new My Tesla layout page and confirmed newly added info 5/5 the page had said that car had entered the factory production queue. But after I updated all the missing info the page changed and said:

"What's Next?
Your Tesla has arrived at the Tilburg Factory in the Netherlands for final assembly. Your Tesla will soon be in transit to your delivery location. Learn about your Tesla. View walkthrough videos."

According to sources about the Tilburg Factory
Ref:" Editor’s Note: We should add this is a ‘final assembly‘ facility, meaning they are mostly just re-assembled after leaving Tesla’s Fremont factory in California in order to meet domestic manufacturing/regulatory standards and to avoid extra EU taxation/import tariff rules.
The ‘final assembly‘ process reportedly takes about 2-3 hours per vehicle, but saves about ~10% worth of fees added to the EVs’ pricing. Countries such as Norway and Switzerland do not have these hurdles in place, and thus those vehicles are efficiently shipped complete from the US."

Tesla uses Just in Time manufacturing process.
This means they don't start getting supplies to build you car until after you order it (for the most part).

Once you order, you go in the queue.

Then a Tesla makes cars in batches, according primarily to final destination

They batch all the European cars together
Then they do East Coast of US
Then Midwest
Then West Coast
Then California

The do this because of shipping times (takes longer to ship to Europe than US)

Most of the cars made for Europe this quarter were made in October or early November and then take 6-8weeks to ship.

Tesla just finished the Midwest this week and is now starting on Californians

They will make the next batch of European bound cars in January, which will deliver 6-8 weeks later. Hence, March

If you didn't order your car in October or earlier then you had a glitch, and your car probably hasn't even started production yet

I, too, have nothing under What's Next.
Slightly annoying because I also don't get the emails for some reason.

My car went into production on Wed and I know some Minneapolitans are getting their car on Dec 17. It'd be nice to know if maybe my car is in that batch.

Oh well, I'll just keep refreshing and see what happens!!!

I, too, have nothing under What's Next.
Slightly annoying because I also don't get the emails for some reason.

My car went into production on Wed and I know some Minneapolitans are getting their car on Dec 17. It'd be nice to know if maybe my car is in that batch.

Oh well, I'll just keep refreshing and see what happens!!!

What's next status of "in production" has reappeared. Weird.