Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted a while ago that it would be useful to not only have delivery windows and dates in the spreadsheet, but also those here who haven't gotten date. It's useful to see the gaps and try to figure out why there are gaps. Since I'm sitting on a long flight with WiFi, I went to the Finalize thread and made my own spreadsheet that has all of the stuff on the existing one, as well as those who aren't on it but have posted that they had finalized on that thread. Also, if I saw other postings from people whose numbers were on there I added them too, even if they hadn't finalized yet. I'm almost halfway through so far (post #669), but take a look at what I've got. My hope is that this stuff will get added to the existing spreadsheet, because I think it's really useful.

Welcome to Google Docs

Can you go into some more detail on what you're doing? You're adding extra finalized sequence numbers without a delivery window, right?

I think it would be best to collect that information separately from the actual delivery data. I can set up another spreadsheet with a form (so data entry is easy) and do an IMPORTRANGE() function on the delivery spreadsheet to coalesce the data into one final sheet.

The only thing I worry about are one-timers that post in the finalization thread but don't update us when they get a delivery window. Not everyone is plugged in quite as much as most of us are, so I think there may be some gaps that are not non-deliveries, but just out-of-date information. *shrug*

Can you go into some more detail on what you're doing? You're adding extra finalized sequence numbers without a delivery window, right?

I think it would be best to collect that information separately from the actual delivery data. I can set up another spreadsheet with a form (so data entry is easy) and do an IMPORTRANGE() function on the delivery spreadsheet to coalesce the data into one final sheet.

The only thing I worry about are one-timers that post in the finalization thread but don't update us when they get a delivery window. Not everyone is plugged in quite as much as most of us are, so I think there may be some gaps that are not non-deliveries, but just out-of-date information. *shrug*

Well, the gap of non-delivery-window-people is small, and we will know pretty quickly if it is people who didn't bother to post their window. But with the data all together, we can see where the gaps are, and maybe figure something out about why they are there. I found some that canceled and removed them already. I don't think we can count on people to fill out another form, though. Feel free to do it that way, if you want. I might just maintain what I have, because I find it useful to see the gaps and perhaps figure out what's really going on, as opposed to just making assumptions. I'm on another flight now, and will add some more. Also, I made my spreadsheet editable for everyone, so if people want to add their res number, they can.

Wow this is great! Thanks aviators99!

Well, the gap of non-delivery-window-people is small, and we will know pretty quickly if it is people who didn't bother to post their window. But with the data all together, we can see where the gaps are, and maybe figure something out about why they are there. I found some that canceled and removed them already. I don't think we can count on people to fill out another form, though. Feel free to do it that way, if you want. I might just maintain what I have, because I find it useful to see the gaps and perhaps figure out what's really going on, as opposed to just making assumptions. I'm on another flight now, and will add some more. Also, I made my spreadsheet editable for everyone, so if people want to add their res number, they can.

Congrats Larry! I remember reading about the day you upgraded...excellent choice, and excellent configuration!

Agreed, I have been waiting to hear from Larry and his delivery window. Very happy to hear it is just after October and hope that 6th date sticks!

And in other news, it appears that TM has notified nearly up to P7800 in October, so I would assume that the 400/week production rate is very close at hand!

I posted a while ago that it would be useful to not only have delivery windows and dates in the spreadsheet, but also those here who haven't gotten date. It's useful to see the gaps and try to figure out why there are gaps. Since I'm sitting on a long flight with WiFi, I went to the Finalize thread and made my own spreadsheet that has all of the stuff on the existing one, as well as those who aren't on it but have posted that they had finalized on that thread. Also, if I saw other postings from people whose numbers were on there I added them too, even if they hadn't finalized yet. I'm almost halfway through so far (post #669), but take a look at what I've got. My hope is that this stuff will get added to the existing spreadsheet, because I think it's really useful.

Welcome to Google Docs

Thanks Timdorr....and thanks Aviators99 for your spreadsheet amendment. I posted my Sig# 1278 and I am waiting for my e-mail or phone call. I also felt that this would be a better flow of information. Your spreadsheet shows the gaps and the filling of those gaps as time progresses.

FYI - Just received my VIN today for regular sig # 267: 5YJSA1DP0CFS00532

no update on my delivery window though. My original window is October 8-22nd. So keeping fingers crossed that it hasn't been pushed back. This would be for the Redmond, WA area. Sig Performance, 21" Grey wheels, Sig Red exterior, Carbon Fiber interior, Sig White interior, every option except the paint armor.

Received my email this morning. For Signature Performance reservation sequence number 1232 my delivery window is October 26th to November 9th.

Configuration is Signature Red with White interior, Carbon Fiber decor, Panoramic Roof, 21" Silver Wheels, Paint Armor no Rear Facing Seats.

Larry

@ Blurry_Eyed too...
These will be gorgeous cars. Wish I could get the white seats!

Welcome to Google Docs

you beat me to it. I had the same idea, only in mine I tried to use the whole VIN using the VIN calculator speadsheet instead of only the VIN sequence number.