Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are in the same boat, @avesraggiana! Our car became available for pickup on Thursday, but my partner's work schedule prevented us from picking it up until Saturday. I admit I resented him a little bit for this :mad:

But once I accepted that we cannot possibly move pickup day forward, I became surprisingly calm. There's no more uncertainties about the car --- has it been assigned a VIN? Has it entered production? Has it been completed? Can we start the payment process? Have they received the payment? When will the pickup be scheduled? All these uncertainties are gone. No more moving pieces. No angst. I can finally relax and savour this happiness of becoming a Tesla owner. Just pure, joyful anticipation.

My partner said this act of detachment is just my self-protection mechanism working to keep my sanity. He's probably right. I probably won't be able to function normally if I don't try to find some meaning out of this wait. :D

I am feeling excited for your big reveal day as well!

The crazy-making we impose on ourselves is just, well, crazy, isn’t it? Hahaha! But it’s a happy craziness, the delicious agony of not knowing when you’ll get what you really, really want. But now it’s here, and even though we haven’t yet taken our first drive in our brand new babies, we intuit that from now on, our driving lives will never be the same. And that’s exciting! And so much fun!

Enjoy yourselves tomorrow, @tiggerlily, and wave when you see another Tesla. It just might be me, in my blue Model S!

Reactions: IV Leaguer
IMG_9874.JPG
IMG_9876.JPG
I won't decide on any aftermarket armor, etc. unit later. Not sure that it's necessary or worth doing yet. And don't want to rush in because of irrational emotional over-protectionism - like that with a newborn baby.Hope I don't regret it. ... :)
technically speaking, you don't really need any aftermarket armour/protection.. only for those who are super OCD with getting chips and dings on the front of the car..

Picked mine up today, great experience no issue's.. and oh that Glass roof is amazing!!

View attachment 218823
Oh hello, our twin! I just picked up our car (Artemis) from the detail shop this evening! Got the full front wrap (suntek ultra) and tint (suntek CXP 35%) all around! Can't even notice the PPF unless you look very closely..

Can't seem to spend more than a few hours with our car this week.. going on a week long vacation tomorrow, so our baby gonna have to hibernate for another week. (First world problem) :)

Anyhow it's great to see so many new owners! Tesla Family growing so fast!

Picked our MS yesterday at Dallas SC. Very positive experience, no rush, got a detailed tour of the car then did a quick walkthrough and we were out. I got the white on white with carbon fiber, updated audio, autopilot, etc. Few key points:
  • Being in TX, I was worried about the whole registration process, who to pay the tax etc. Was told they have streamlined the process last week where u go in, few signatures and leave. they do the whole TTL for you.
  • Not a single scratch/mis-allignment/scrapes.
  • Software was already updated to the latest, 17.9.3
  • My tesla showed up in the app within few hours
  • Last evening I enabled autopilot/TAAC, and it was immediately available to me on local roads.
  • Got the glass roof but the space between the glass and body on the top is very minimal, I still hear some wind coz now its stuck in my head after reading countless threads here on TMC. Maybe its the sound in my head!! My wife drives a convertible 4 series and her's is definitely louder, but it has run flats and is a hardtop convertible so not a fair comparison.
  • I got the premium audio but don't hear the "bass" I expected. The subwoofer hump is there but I am not sure if there's anything beneath it...how do I check??
Overall, I am beyond ecstatic. My first American car!!

Attachments

• IMG_9426-2.jpg
    IMG_9426-2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 20170317_183549.jpg
    20170317_183549.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 95
She's
:D <--Grin! Car looks great, spent about 1 hr at the Palo Alto pick up location (very positive experience there BTW) and really didn't see anything off with the fit and finish. Couldn't be happier. Just gorgeous. Having read all the threads/posts I did before hand helped a lot in knowing what to look for. Appreciated everyone's input. Seats (perf) felt really great to sit in while going through the initiation--something that was a concern for me going from super comfortable leather seats in my ICE; hubby took the car immediately for wrap and I drove our ICE so we could get home...so still haven't been properly acquainted with a ride :). Until she's home with us it, the realization we have a new car won't really set in. Counting the days now.

View attachment 218821
a beauty! I'm doing the wrap, coating and tinting and the thing's going to be gone for a week. Think this week will be tougher than last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: IV Leaguer
Overall, I am beyond ecstatic. My first American car!!

Didn't think of that. . . My first car was a two tone blue '79 Chevy Caprice Classic. . . No American cars since. . . All Japanese. . . Subaru, Nissan Maxima, Nissan Altima, Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Sequoia, Lexus GS400.

My ex wife had a Yukon XL Denali when we split so that doesn't count as mine. . . I have the paperwork to prove it, lots of paperwork. o_O

Well the Expecting Phase is finally over.

I was handed the Key Fobs yesterday in exchange for zillions of signatures on documents the contents of which I had no idea. :)

Slightly used car - 12 miles on the odometer.

Everything seems to check out at the delivery center but I will still have to do the finetoothed comb treatment, both on the cosmetics and the functionalities.

Later, I had a couple of puzzling incidents:

* A few times the rear trunk wouldn't close by using the dedicated button, and I had to do it manually; but seems to be OK now.

* During charging last night, the process started ok then later I got an error about the plug/cord. After unplugging and plugging again it seemed ok and I got a successful charge indication in the morning.

Hope these are due to the car adjusting to its new life.

*** Earlier this week I was told that my Lexus will need a new timing belt soon - about $1500. Hah!!! That say's it all.

Reactions: avesraggiana
First full day driving. I can't believe I have this car- it drives like a dream. I've had no issues, car charged at the set time overnight and my nephews and brother in law had a blast gunning it down a empty stretch of road. This car's acceleration is going to be dangerous for this lead foot (hence, my forum name!). Had lunch where there were 4 Model S' and 1 Model X in the parking lot. I was among friends--even still, I kept a close eye on it to make sure I didn't get any major dings or scratches before getting it wrapped. After driving it in the hot SoCal sun, it convinced me that I need strong tint on my windows. So far, I've experienced none of the issues shared on the forum. Whew! The grin is big and growing!

My delivery went off without a hitch. The customer service was fabulous. I may not be as picky as others but I did not see a single alignment issue, everything works, and I am quite happy with the paint. Had to go to their temporary but really nice Los Angeles Pick-Up facility where they had 48 deliveries today! An hour drive in traffic but a good experience.

First full day driving. I can't believe I have this car- it drives like a dream. I've had no issues, car charged at the set time overnight and my nephews and brother in law had a blast gunning it down a empty stretch of road. This car's acceleration is going to be dangerous for this lead foot (hence, my forum name!). Had lunch where there were 4 Model S' and 1 Model X in the parking lot. I was among friends--even still, I kept a close eye on it to make sure I didn't get any major dings or scratches before getting it wrapped. After driving it in the hot SoCal sun, it convinced me that I need strong tint on my windows. So far, I've experienced none of the issues shared on the forum. Whew! The grin is big and growing!

Funny you mentioned the Tesla lunch crowd. We went to dinner last night and a red Tesla pulled in at the same time. Hubby was talking to them briefly and asked them how long it took for their Tesla mobile app to go live. Only 15 minutes in their case. We're still waiting and were told by Tesla could be 48 hours.

We did call Telsa customer service today about adding me to his account since I'll be a second driver so I could use the mobile app as well. Adding me as a secondary contact under his account doesn't do it. I needed to go to MyTesla and create an account, then hubby had to request that I be added (after verifying it was him over the phone), and we got an email maybe an hour later saying I was now authorized to use the app to link to the car. I can see the app now so that part was pretty quick but still awaiting access to the vehicle itself.

Last edited:
They also told me the Tesla App would be active within 48 hours. It worked before I got home (about an hour or less). TACC worked immediately. So far no circumstances where Autosteer would work but I had all of the usual shadows for adjacent cars.

I've had it home for only a couple of hours. Tested the charging cord - works! Loaded a USB full of music - sounds really good and they are only AAC or Mp3.

Set up Homelink. Now it is time for a little cruising.

I was told that the car had to be driven 100 miles before cruise control would take effect. It had 12 miles at delivery and 135 miles on the odometer now and no cruise control the last time I checked. And no TACC until software is updated for the newer hardware.

I'm slowly but surely getting more acquainted with the vehicle. It sure is well thought out.

Google Maps is great but I wish it would also use the Google GPS system which I think is superior to whatever system is used, Garmin I think.

The car is fun to drive but I can see that a lot of the fun aspects come at the expense of kWhs. :)

Funny you mentioned the Tesla lunch crowd. We went to dinner last night and a red Tesla pulled in at the same time. Hubby was talking to them briefly and asked them how long it took for their Tesla mobile app to go live. Only 15 minutes in their case. We're still waiting and were told by Tesla could be 48 hours.

We did call Telsa customer service today about adding me to his account since I'll be a second driver so I could use the mobile app as well. Adding me as a secondary contact under his account doesn't do it. I needed to go to MyTesla and create an account, then hubby had to request that I be added (after verifying it was him over the phone), and we got an email maybe an hour later saying I was now authorized to use the app to link to the car. I can see the app now so that part was pretty quick but still awaiting access to the vehicle itself.
Was wondering about this as well.. What I did was just use my login for both me and my wife. Works fine.. I'll look into this more once I get back..
Right now keeping track how many Teslas I found on the roads in Sweden, 4 in a day is not bad..

Here's a link to my delivery story from this weekend, exterior and interior pictures etc.. Had originally thought about bringing kids to delivery but decided not to (great advice). Follow string below for extensive interior shots and a few exterior.

Delivery was fine, nothing to write home about, but the car is perfect and exceeds expectations. Dropping today for full wrap and tint. Going to miss "Maggie" this week (name is final- had to be Irish, lol). Enjoy!

Oh, and all my QC concerns that I worried about were non-existent. . . fit, finish, lines, seams, etc. all perfect. Car was intentionally not waxed (in prep for wrap) and the paint was perfect.

URGENT HELP NEEDED: How to include 8 kids from blended family in delivery.

Reactions: avesraggiana
Ordered a new S P100D and getting delivery in a couple weeks. Assuming the assigned delivery date is met, I think it went pretty darn fast. As a new owner I am very excited....as a stockholder of TSLA I am not sure how I feel about that;)

Ordered: March 2
Confirmed: March 10

....sorry sent accidentally

VIN: March 11
Production Start: March 17
Complete: March 18
Delivery Date: March 30th

I will be out of town so I confirmed a Monday, April 3 pickup in Dania Beach Florida. I will share my experience with the handoff. Needless to say, I am extremely excited to join the group of Tesla owners and the Tesla Motor Club forum. Thanks..

Reactions: SMAlset
The day finally came today. The car is GORGEOUS! I was too heightened and too frazzled to pay attention to any flaws in the car. If there had been any, there’s no way I would have caught them. Several hours later, and in the quiet of my driveway and garage, I still haven’t turned up ANY build or quality control problems, nothing that would have been any worse or egregious than those on a mass-produced vehicle. Even the much maligned all-glass windshield presented NO problems as far as wind noise or fit and finish are concerned.

If I had one note to make, less than a day in to owning this wonderful vehicle, you need to SLAM the doors on this car. This is my first American make car and I’m unaccustomed to handling a car with some degree of forcefulness. All the Hondas I’ve ever owned would require just a light push of the door and it would thump shut with a definitive and satisfying “click.” Like a precision-crafted jewel box.
Not this Tesla. That kind of gentle treatment results in the door partially ajar, followed by a reopening and a forceful re-closing.

My car came to me exactly 42 days from the day I first placed my order. She, or he, has been well worth the wait.

Happy Tesla Motoring, Everybody!

Last edited: