Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nigel, just trying to put a little humor in the way I told the story, which I am sure you understand that I need that humor at this point, based on your own experiences. Somebody at Tesla most certainly dropped the ball and I am sure it wasn't on purpose, but it did happen.

Nigel, just trying to put a little humor in the way I told the story, which I am sure you understand that I need that humor at this point, based on your own experiences. Somebody at Tesla most certainly dropped the ball and I am sure it wasn't on purpose, but it did happen.

+1, and (at risk of flame-age), politics certainly plays a part in this thread. Not presidential, or even congressional, but it is local legislation (e.g. Texas law and Georgia law) that had caused some hiccups in the delivery system. Whereas todays voting for whomever is irrelavant in many aspects, I think local law is prudent to discuss as it applies to why some of us have to make adjustements in our workflow.

(Nomex Suit donned, and back to regularly scheduled working...)

MY car, (s105/Vin 510) was finished and ready for transport on 10/26, but Tesla found another deviously simple way to delay my delivery by another week. Since I am in Georgia, I am in one of those States that payment must be made to Tesla before they put the car on a truck. So what do they do, they make it impossible for me to make that payment, by withholding the final payment instructions for a week even after a made a specific request for those instructions at the beginning of the week. To make matters worse they send those instructions at the very end of the day on the last day of the work week so that the weekend is added to boot. I still made a valient effort and within 30 minutes of getting those instructions, I had started the wire transfer to Tesla and signed the documents they needed, via DocuSign, but it appears to have been in vain, because it was Monday afternoon before they confirmed receipt of the paperwork. I have been in contact with at least one troubleshooter to get the ball rolling and he promised me they would try to get the car to me by, 11/11 which is the end of my delivery window that they had just confirmed on 10/27. Unless, I get on some kind of express transit the 11th seems unlikely at this point, but the 17th should be very doable.

Sparrow, were you given a reason why there is a discrepancy of around 150 between your reservation#105 and your VIN#510? Just curious.

You're welcome. Don't worry, mine will be too ;) to clarify, I think it worked better in the red, but stands out too much on the white without any other cf bits (and looks like it was just plopped on). I'm beginning to like the white without it. Also liking both the red and white more with the silver wheels. Luckily both can be changed quite easily to suit tastes.

It's very hard to believe much of anything at this point, too much seems to conflict. i must just sit with hands under butt and wait.

I'm just messing with ya. Mine is actually red too but I opted out of the spoiler.

No reason has been given for the VIN discrepancy, but my Tesla contacts have acknowledged that it should have been lower. I will also note that it appears that same relative discrepancy happened to alot of cars within my sequence range not just me and I assume it was due to "batching".

No reason has been given for the VIN discrepancy, but my Tesla contacts have acknowledged that it should have been lower. I will also note that it appears that same relative discrepancy happened to alot of cars within my sequence range not just me and I assume it was due to "batching".

That is strange. You should have been on the Signature special list, right?

Just got the news that my car is being loaded on a truck tonight. Since the DS has to come almost 700 miles to do the delivery and that will take planning on his part, I should be able to get some good updates on when the car will actually be here in the next few of days. Here is hoping it is an express to the East Coast.

Just got the news that my car is being loaded on a truck tonight. Since the DS has to come almost 700 miles to do the delivery and that will take planning on his part, I should be able to get some good updates on when the car will actually be here in the next few of days. Here is hoping it is an express to the East Coast.

Congrats and also you should be commended for staying calm during the whole delivery process even with the mixup.

Good news. We know that the truck scheduled to deliver in FL stopped in GA, so even if there are other stops, hopefully GA is towards the top of the list.

Congrats, and finally! Glad your contact was able to get the wheels moving again (pun intended). Your wait is close to an end, and eventually your resentment and general annoyance will abate. We can forgive, without having to forget.

Just joined the forum, but have been reading all along the process the last year or so. I'm sig perf 974, getting delivery this week. Car is in Chicago and will be ready for delivery on Thursday. Very excited!

LMAO!!!! Hey.. say hello to my S on the SAME truck .. My DS called me today and said my S was on a truck - currently in Nebraska - heading to Chicago to drop off, then to Dania, FL to deliver to me (selfish).

For those keeping track

res #: 588
vin: 5YJSA1DP1CFS00457

original delivery window 5-19Oct now extended to 14Nov; currently in end of line inspection

Sig Red/ white leather
Carbon fiber accents, but no spoiler
Pano roof
Silver wheels
Paint armor
Child seats

Last edited: