Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy from Orange County CA.
A newbie looking to build his first 5, not a troll or spammer.
Reservation number 2,7xx but just signed my MVPA on October 15, my birthday. Estimated delivery shown as "Early 2113". Anybody care to offer a tighter range guess? Base model S, Silver paint the only costed option.
Are other Club members having any heartburn distinguishing between TMC the corporation and TMC the club when interpreting posted acronyms?

Attachments

• AJC in Beijing.jpg
    AJC in Beijing.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,088
P2159, and I have a small tidbit to share.

I just emailed my ownership experience advocate, seeing if i could make a small change to my config. He just sent me this:

-----------

I have connected with the team that submits orders to the factory. Unfortunately your order is already in the hands of the factory, it is too late to make any changes to the option selection.

Best regards,

------------

Read into that, what you will, but he sounds certain I cannot change the configuration, which makes me think the car is, at least, at part ordering stage, if not initial construction.

Just FYI....

Read into that, what you will, but he sounds certain I cannot change the configuration, which makes me think the car is, at least, at part ordering stage, if not initial construction.

Sorry everyone, but I'm always the bad news guy. Tesla has been telling me this for over 2 months. Still no VIN here on my Sig car. I was told a VIN isn't available until the car is far enough down the line. Unless they went from 200/week to 1200/week, they haven't even remotely done anything except maybe order your fabric/leather, dash trim, and paint.

Sorry everyone, but I'm always the bad news guy. Tesla has been telling me this for over 2 months. Still no VIN here on my Sig car. I was told a VIN isn't available until the car is far enough down the line. Unless they went from 200/week to 1200/week, they haven't even remotely done anything except maybe order your fabric/leather, dash trim, and paint.

His configuration data is now probably distributed in various parts of production databases.

St. Louis #442 performance delivered tonight at about 5pm. First performance in STL.
Two other cars on the truck. One going to Clayton, Mo. ( suburb of St. Louis) and the other going to Chicago service center to be re distributed. Lee my DE from Chicago was great. Explained everything in my garage since it was raining and that took a few hours. Also I wanted to take it out tomorrow since this rain front will pass tonight and it will be sunny all week. Ye ha!!
More later

The one to Chicago my be mine, but I'm not sure. Was it black? My S is supposedly on it's way.VIN 680.

Reservation number 2,7xx but just signed my MVPA on October 15, my birthday. Estimated delivery shown as "Early 2113". Anybody care to offer a tighter range guess? Base model S, Silver paint the only costed option.

We've seen a few posts saying that the 60's won't be coming out till Jan, and my guess is the 40's will be March or later. Please keep us posted on when you get your car, because it is interesting to see how much of a delay the various factors will impact you:
1. 40kWh battery
2. not air suspension
3. signed MVPA more than 30 days after receiving "time to build" email?

Either way, you are getting Motor Trend's Car of the Year sometime in 2013 (way sooner than 2113)! :biggrin:

Blue Performance S

Took the factory tour yesterday and picked up my Sig (VIN 776). Saw P cars with VINs as high as 1456 in the interior assembly area. Was so amazing to see such excellent progress being made on all the cars. Oh, the blue. The blue. The blue. I wish Sig had been offered in blue.
This is so great to hear. This is my first post on here. I have a Blue performance on order P23! I'm one of the first to order this car signature or otherwise. I own the Cali plate "TESLA S". Still no word on delivery though. The funny thing is that the Blue was not even on my radar. But when at the test drive event my wife and I were shocked at how great the blue looked. So I love your confirmation that blue was the "right" choice.

This is so great to hear. This is my first post on here. I have a Blue performance on order P23! I'm one of the first to order this car signature or otherwise. I own the Cali plate "TESLA S". Still no word on delivery though. The funny thing is that the Blue was not even on my radar. But when at the test drive event my wife and I were shocked at how great the blue looked. So I love your confirmation that blue was the "right" choice.

I'm P83, so let me know when you get word on delivery. I'm doing a factory delivery and am hopeful I'll hear something this week.

I think the issue is that the timing on your car (and mine) will be really affected by when they can production to 400 cars per week.

My DS tells me they'll have a much better idea of the delivery window around the beginning of December. That lines up with what I've been hearing about their production ramp. I think they're doing 200 hours a week and ramping 400 by the end of this month. My guess is the last of week of November is the first or second planned week of 400 cars per week production. They probably want a week or two of production at that rate to be sure the quality holds up before they start updating delivery windows.

Are other Club members having any heartburn distinguishing between TMC the corporation and TMC the club when interpreting posted acronyms?

Firstly, a big thank you to everybody here who has educated and instructed me this past month. I find my self checking back here several times daily devouring info that Has absolutely nothing to do with my situation. Personally, I have never seen a Tesla or taken a test drive. However, I'm the proud holder of Reservation #12,825!.the configuration is exactly as AjC9, Basic 40 no add ons save the Silver paint, from what I see on this Board I'm looking at August for delivery.

Got my delivery scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30am ET as the truck will pull into Atlanta late tonight. May have a few of the Tesla Motors Fans - Atlanta there to watch the delivery. S105/Vin 510 is almost home.

Ladies and gentlemen. Sparrow has received his Model S.

Three of us Atlanta Tesla fans were there to witness it and we have lots of photos.

When he gets a chance later today, I'm sure Sparrow himself will post here in this thread or in the "owner delivery stories and photos" thread. For now, he's busy learning about his new car from the DS :)

Also on the truck were:
- a Model S going someplace else in Atlanta
- a Model S going to Statesboro GA (if we heard right)
- a Bentley and two Lamborghinis, all going to Florida

At last!

(In the background of the first photo you'll see my early Volt. In the second photo you'll see Sparrow's Leaf and another Tesla fan's Roadster.)

IMG_2016.jpg
IMG_2005.jpg