Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Chris for posting the pictures. I was just too busy taking it all in to worry about pictures. Interestingly, the car was drop shipped at a Lowes a couple of miles from our house. Turns out the car was not charged at all, it had 0 miles of range. I had the DS drive the car to my house, with very limited power available, where fortunately I have a 70 amp J1772 available. Still it took over an hour to get the car to a range in the mid 40s so that I could actually drive my Model S. This being the first time I had driven an S (I didn't get to go to any of the test drives available), it was a hard hour to have to wait, but even limited to about 2/3 power it was still a blast. My car is now happily charging up in its new home surrounded by my Roadster, Leaf and Sparrow.

> Interestingly, the car was drop shipped at a Lowes a couple of miles from our house. Turns out the car was not charged at all, it had 0 miles of range. I had the DS drive the car to my house, with very limited power available, where fortunately I have a 70 amp J1772 available. [Sparrow]

Bizarre. I hope you file a warranty claim on this. If you could have rolled it to an outlet in Lowes you could have avoided the drive home and any resultant damage to batt.
--

... Interestingly, the car was drop shipped at a Lowes a couple of miles from our house. Turns out the car was not charged at all, it had 0 miles of range. I had the DS drive the car to my house, with very limited power available, where fortunately I have a 70 amp J1772 available. ...

I think that this is the first report of a car at "zero" miles in the battery still being able to drive "a couple of miles" even at low power. Nice to know there is a little left, even at "zero," and that a DS was willing to drive it in that SOC.

An interesting question is why it arrived at that low state of charge. I hope the vampire was not that thirsty. :eek: Vampire Load?

Even having taken delivery of my Model S on October 18th, I still find myself enjoying all your stories about further deliveries. Without wanting to go off topic, but for those who are yearning for more information about how the car behaves, I offer my recent drive from Sacramento California to Yosemite Valley, recounted at Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions - Page 23