Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MS75D was confirmed July 28th and finished production Aug 29th. Some time during production the option code changed from APH2 to APH3. I purchased EAP but not FSD.

I am expecting/hoping for the same for my 75D on order (confirmed 8/18).
I changed my order from FSD to EAP only on the advice of the Tesla sales people who told me that FSD is only software and that all the necessary hardware is already included with EAP. Moreover they argued that since nobody knows when full self-driving will be authorized in my region and by the insurance industry, I should save the $4k CAD for now.

I check this post everyday as it's pretty clear that a lot of the questions and speculations people are asking/stating, have already been answered a few pages back.

Just was updated on my car, sept 8th - 22nd delivery. And I'm outraged. I was promised the car by end of August and then at the latest sept 6th. I've had the worst experience with Costa Mesa tesla.
Ordered 7/10. Conf 7/13. Production start 8/17. Est delivery 9/8-9/22.
Model S75 Black Premium FSD. Confirmed AP 2.5.

My DS has ignored 8 emails and I constantly have to call the office asking for a manager until she answers the phone and says sorry I was giving a presentation(even though I give her 48 hours to respond to email) 1st few emails and phone calls. she didn't respond to for 2 weeks
If you were in my position after being pushed so far back, do you feel like floor mats or something is out of the question. I've never had such terrible service nor have had this experience before. I sold my vehicle because she stated it would be here end of August and now I'm vehicleless for this entire period.

A few thoughts:

- I don't think there's a question that poor customer service is being demonstrated in your case. This started when they promised you that you would have your car by the end of August. There are any number of things that could delay production and delivery that the OA and DS would have no way of controlling (or knowing about) ahead of time- parts problems (the wiring issue), natural disasters, labor issues, supply chain problems, or any other complication with the many variables that have to come together to make a car. I certainly can't judge whether they told you this in good faith or not...but I don't think they should have told you that in the first place. My DS included in one of his first messages to me the statement: " Please remember that production and delivery dates are always tentative and they are subject to change. " (Underlined and bolded in his e-mail). That should have been the message communicated at the start by your OA and DS. This is especially true if they knew you would be getting rid of your previous car in a particular time frame based on the information they provided.

- The poor customer service continued with their response to e-mails and phone calls. I've always gotten a response within 48 hours (often within 24) from my contacts here.

- If I was in your position I'd be frustrated, annoyed, and angry. I'd feel that trust had been breached. It would leave a really bad taste in my mouth. Are you entitled to any sort of compensation for your troubles? No. Technically not. Is it the right thing to do, to give you some free floor mats or service visit or something? Absolutely- that's just good customer service and good business.

I hope you get your car sooner than expected. This waiting is no fun. But driving it will be!

Still dealing with my OA regarding MS 100D purchase and transport. Car resides in San Antonio, TX and Tesla is arranging transport to Cincinnati, OH.
8/29 - Ordered
8/30 - Approved financing (lease and purchase)
9/1 - Cancelled trade-in; found private buyer
9/5 - OA stated waiting on transport update

I just got an updated timeline from my DS.

MS 75D EAP APH3 Premium Package
8/19 - Ordered
8/23 - Confirmed.

DS estimates production start within the next 10 days and delivery by the end of the month. Note the Estimated Delivery Range in my account is showing as October - Early November. I am also located in New Hampshire so I imagine my vehicle will be delivered by truck for faster speed and to get it here by EOQ.

8/19 - Ordered
8/23 - Confirmed.

DS estimates production start within the next 10 days and delivery by the end of the month. Note the Estimated Delivery Range in my account is showing as October - Early November. I am also located in New Hampshire so I imagine my vehicle will be delivered by truck for faster speed and to get it here by EOQ.
This will be interesting to watch. I am almost 2 weeks ahead of you, started production Sep 2 and expect delivery late Sep. It looks like the EOQ push will move you up to the same delivery date and our cars could be on the same truck to New England... It's an aggressive schedule though...

8/19 - Ordered
8/23 - Confirmed.

How is that even possible?? They will start building it on sept 15th and get it to you across the country in two weeks??

Reactions: Bebop
All these posts for EOQ rush are why I'm so upset that it's taken over 2 months and I still don't have my car.
Texted my DS(she asked that I text her cellphone and not email because she won't respond to email) for update today. No response.
Ordered 7/10. Conf 7/13. Started prod 8/17. Ended prod 9/4. Tesla page says it's in route and eta is 9/7-9/14. Only 3 weeks past my original date.
Model S 75 Black premium, AP3, FSD.

Hope to hear back from her but most likely will have to call store tomorrow as I've given up all hope of her communicating with me.

All these posts for EOQ rush are why I'm so upset that it's taken over 2 months and I still don't have my car.
Texted my DS(she asked that I text her cellphone and not email because she won't respond to email) for update today. No response.
Ordered 7/10. Conf 7/13. Started prod 8/17. Ended prod 9/4. Tesla page says it's in route and eta is 9/7-9/14. Only 3 weeks past my original date.

Hope to hear back from her but most likely will have to call store tomorrow as I've given up all hope of her communicating with me.
Sorry to hear about all of the crappy service you've been getting but I'm happy to hear that you're finally out of production! Mine still says it's in production (over 13 days now) so I hope to hear something soon.

You were confirmed 7/13 and have the APH3 code?

And I don't understand how your car hasn't been delivered to you yet. You live in California. The irony.

You were confirmed 7/13 and have the APH3 code?

And I don't understand how your car hasn't been delivered to you yet. You live in California. The irony.

Tesla will delay the cars they can deliver the quickest to the end of the line for the quarterly results. They build the international ones and long distance ones first because those take the longest to get out to customers after shipping.

That being said i ordered a 75 for my parents and it was confirmed today. online says October/Early November but OA that emailed said it'll be by the end of the month and they live in the bay area so we'll see. After all it only really takes one day to build the car in factory.

MS75D confirmed 8/23
APH3 w/ EAP
DU00 drive unit

Website still shows October-early November timeframe

Stopped by showroom and talked to OA, they told me I have to take delivery of the car by September 30 to take advantage of 0.99% rate. Was told that the car was slated for production end of line (PEOL) is 9/18, which leaves it 12 days to cross country from California to NJ. Crossing fingers it is sooner than that.

I spoke with with my DS today, he said the car is going to get into production in a day or 2. Financing approval is done at .99%....now just hope that I am driving it soon. I am not sure how the shipping would be done in less than 22 days...provided they complete the car in 2 days..

MS75D Ordered 8/20
Confirmed 8/23
Delivery Status says Late September, October

I live in the Seattle area - hoping to get the car before the end of the month to take advantage of the .99% financing. My sales person indicated the cutoff was 8/26. Unclear if she was sure or just estimating at the time. I've had zero response from Tesla asking about clarification on timelines by email. Planning to call for an update next week if I don't see any changes online or an update by email.

MS75D Ordered 8/20
Confirmed 8/23
Delivery Status says Late September, October

I live in the Seattle area - hoping to get the car before the end of the month to take advantage of the .99% financing. My sales person indicated the cutoff was 8/26. Unclear if she was sure or just estimating at the time. I've had zero response from Tesla asking about clarification on timelines by email. Planning to call for an update next week if I don't see any changes online or an update by email.

Ordered 8/10
Confirmed 8/13

Status last weekend went from late sept/early October to late October/November.

Still waiting to hear. If I don't get it before 10/1 no way I am accepting without seeing if there are Q4 changes to the car. DS still has hopes I get it before end of month but will know more this week. From sounds of everyone's post they will somehow make all these cars and ship them within a week. We shall see. We shall see.

After my OA promised a call yesterday afternoon, but failed to call...I sent a brief note explaining the importance of meeting expectations on communications, even if it is to say "no new updates". OA just called saying they are still working on transportation from Texas to Ohio. Thankfully, I have plenty going on right now. Otherwise, I would look at booking a flight to Texas and driving the car back to Ohio. Mind you, while that sounds like fun, I do see a risk of arriving for delivery only to find issues with the car.