Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I originally had a Dec/Jan delivery window. P3883. Standard 85KWH config. I checked right after Thanksgiving and was told they wouldn't know more until about 3 weeks from then. I'm thinking, "Well, it'd be nice to get the car in December but January will do...".

Got the "will you take your car in 2012?" email and responded "Yes!!!".

Got email this afternoon, "It's time to schedule your delivery ... Congratulations! It's now time to start planning the delivery of your Model S. ..."

Cool, I'm thinking. I'll definitely get it by the end of the year. So I immediately click buttons and select "factory delivery". (And yes, I want financing and have a trade-in.)

Got email later confirming factory pickup with a window of Dec. 16 - Dec. 30th. "Awesome!", I'm thinking.

Then I got email later this afternoon, "Can you pick your car up this week, Thursday-Sunday at the factory?"

Holy cow!! Ok, time to get cracking on finance, finalizing the Solar City 240V outlet install and lining up insurance!!!

Edit: Ok, talked to my Tesla contact (great guy, Peter Welch!) and he said he can't find a VIN in the system for me. So it looks to me like the delivery guys maybe jumped the gun. We'll see...

Last edited:
cool. my car is on the same truck. hearing it will get in tomorrow and 1 day prep for a wednesday delivery. let me know what time you end up getting setup with an appointment for....

Interesting....I was told the truck would probably arrive v late Tuesday or Wednesday morning. I was given low probability of getting the car on Wednesday, but Thursday was guaranteed. I guess with people as keen to get their cars as we are, they want to under-promise (hopefully).

I'll let you know what day/time they give me for pick-up. Hopefully our cars are keeping each other company on the long ride from Freemont.....

Wow this feels like a tidal wave hitting. All of these people getting to have their car after months, sometimes years of waiting. Oh yeah, I just got my finalization email today. Gonna have my car delivered between Dec 15 and Dec 31 in Lake Oswego (Portland). Booyah!

Spending too much time reading this thread while you wait for your Model S? Please join us over on the ill-named Top Menu thread to help solve a puzzle. You may (or may not) have noticed a red bar with some numbers appeared at the top of this website recently. This was a clue to the first piece of a puzzle which seems to have something to do with Tesla's Gen III vehicle. But we can't solve it without your help! So what are you waiting for?

Mods: I know this is off topic, but I need to draw some attention to this important problem. :)

Spending too much time reading this thread while you wait for your Model S? Please join us over on the ill-named Top Menu thread to help solve a puzzle. You may (or may not) have noticed a red bar with some numbers appeared at the top of this website recently. This was a clue to the first piece of a puzzle which seems to have something to do with Tesla's Gen III vehicle. But we can't solve it without your help! So what are you waiting for?

Mods: I know this is off topic, but I need to draw some attention to this important problem. :)

Waiting for my reply email.

Once you go through the delivery survey, the button disappears, right?
The MyTesla page is back to the way it was yesterday, with no indication that they just told me that my car could be picked up in the next few weeks or that I just filled out their delivery questions (e.g., deliver/pickup, financing, etc.).