Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still haven't heard back. My scheduled pickup date is this Saturday and I'm not sure if it'll be ready on time. Any more news, @Somm / @jd2017?
My DS just confirmed that my MS is at the Service Centre and delivery will happen tomorrow morning as scheduled. This has gone quite smoothly!

I know some on this forum have not had a good experience with their DS but mine has been excellent. Communication has not been proactive but he reacts quickly to a call or text.

Looking forward to the delivery!

My DS just confirmed that my MS is at the Service Centre and delivery will happen tomorrow morning as scheduled. This has gone quite smoothly!

I know some on this forum have not had a good experience with their DS but mine has been excellent. Communication has not been proactive but he reacts quickly to a call or text.

Looking forward to the delivery!

I'm in the same boat. I just spoke to my DS and he confirmed we're good to go for tomorrow morning. Its been very similar for me - the DS doesn't reach out much - I have to initiate communication. Once I do get in touch with him, however, he's very helpful and quick to respond.

Enjoy the car!

Delivery happened!

The folks at the Columbus, OH Service Center couldn't have done a better job. The car was ready when I arrived. I gave my DS my proof of insurance and while he finalized the paperwork another DS walked me through the car's operation and features. There wasn't a lot of new information presented since I've done a couple test drives including an overnight in addition to massive amounts of reading and viewing the orientation videos available online. But it was good to review everything in person.

The car looked great. No paint defects that I could find, no panel gaps, and the interior was perfect. It had about 11 miles on it.

I was pleasantly surprised that the center caps on the standard wheels had the Tesla "T" logo on them which I wasn't planning on from the view of the car in the Design Center online and it had black brake calipers with "Tesla" branding also not visible online.

The color combo of Midnight Silver Metallic and white interior with carbon fiber looks great and I'm very glad I didn't talk myself out of the white interior.

I only got to drive it for about 25 minutes since I took it directly to a shop for Xpel application but I'll pick it up from that shop in the morning.

Just wanted to share my experience! Congrats to everyone getting their car today and tomorrow!

Reactions: DIL
For you guys who don't live in CA but are doing factory delivery, how is the process to set a date and make travel plans? I'm concerned about booking flights and hotels and everything for the trip back and they tell me they have to delay by a week.

Also did any of you have a trade with your factory delivery? Did you give your trade to your local SA before flying to Fremont? Also did you pay CA sales tax and did the trade change the sales tax equation? Thanks!

For you guys who don't live in CA but are doing factory delivery, how is the process to set a date and make travel plans? I'm concerned about booking flights and hotels and everything for the trip back and they tell me they have to delay by a week.

Also did any of you have a trade with your factory delivery? Did you give your trade to your local SA before flying to Fremont? Also did you pay CA sales tax and did the trade change the sales tax equation? Thanks!

Cars delivered in California have to be charged california's sales tax, but Texas will give you partial if not full credit for sales tax paid elsewhere.

Your DS should set a firm date for you, ours did about 10 days out. Fly into SJC Airport, and uber it up to Fremont, no more than 15 mins away.

Cars delivered in California have to be charged california's sales tax, but Texas will give you partial if not full credit for sales tax paid elsewhere.

Your DS should set a firm date for you, ours did about 10 days out. Fly into SJC Airport, and uber it up to Fremont, no more than 15 mins away.

My understanding is that Texas does not have a tax reciprocity agreement with California, so I would end up paying sales tax in both states. Though because my trade is worth almost the entire value of the Tesla, my sales tax should be very low or zero. I'm just not sure if that would be the case in both California and Texas, or if things work differently when doing an out of state delivery.

Taking delivery in an hour or so of custom Model S. Just under the wire for the 0.99% financing. Not taking it to get wrapped right away, waiting till Monday. Definitely checking for AP2.5 and Smart Air Suspension. Ordered after they were made standard and DS said to expect it. Will post pics after. Wife and I are are pumped.

Reactions: Nda721
Just checked mine. As of last night was showing Oct 23-Nov 4. Woke up to Oct 9-Oct 23. Hopefully she's right! I am actually signing my loan tomorrow to lock the .99 financing (expires on 9/30 for me) and they are going to deliver directly to the house instead of the store. If you are willing to pay a little early, see if that's an option for you. Although I think the only reason they offered is because it allows them to show it on the 3rd quarter results.
Mine now shows oct 6 to 20. So excited

Taking delivery in an hour or so of custom Model S. Just under the wire for the 0.99% financing. Not taking it to get wrapped right away, waiting till Monday. Definitely checking for AP2.5 and Smart Air Suspension. Ordered after they were made standard and DS said to expect it. Will post pics after. Wife and I are are pumped.

Delivery was great. DS greeted us at the door. Financing was already handled, so we just had to take care of the trade in work. The walkthrough was smooth, got the iPhone dock thrown in.

Drove for about 100 miles today. 50/50 with wife. We both are in awe. Not a single problem we’ve found yet.

Looking forward to being a member of the Tesla family.

Attachments

• 0D3C80DD-A303-41AC-9EFD-C8475BFAF909.jpeg
    0D3C80DD-A303-41AC-9EFD-C8475BFAF909.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: nasatech
Delivery was great. DS greeted us at the door. Financing was already handled, so we just had to take care of the trade in work. The walkthrough was smooth, got the iPhone dock thrown in.

Drove for about 100 miles today. 50/50 with wife. We both are in awe. Not a single problem we’ve found yet.

It looks like you got the adaptive headlamps. Did you buy the Premium Upgrade Package?

I am picking up my 75D tomorrow as well. My Tesla is also showing APH2. It was built 1-2 weeks ago.

Really? I swapped my 75D for one of those limited 90Ds out in the wild, Built September 4th (if I remember correctly what my OA told me) and it has APH3 code.

You should have it for sure. Otherwise you have a car built early August and not from two weeks ago...

Final Order update: Model S 75D w/ EAP, PUP

8/26 Order placed
8/30 Order confirmed
9/8 In Production
9/13 Production complete
9/14 Shipped via truck
9/28 Arrived at Oakville SC
9/30 Delivered

Lessons learned:
My Tesla page is always conservative (especially delivery window) and lags reality by a week or more.
Reach out to your DS for updates and status on your vehicle.
Keep track of what is promised in the premium upgrade package...seems to evolve so quickly that even the Tesla staff isn't sure.

Delivery experience was positive in spite of being handed off to a second person to complete the walk through. Everyone from the detailers to the sales team to those handling the delivery is committed to ensuring a positive delivery experience.
The Model S appeared flawless and no operational issues surfaced.

Happy to be part of the Tesla family! I hope everyone has a similar positive experience.....from order to delivery in just a little over a month. Now for some serious road testing!

Reactions: jd2017

What did you say to get an iphone dock for free?

My 75D finally arrived on 9/29! (Honolulu, Hawai‘i)

A few issues I did want to note:

- Passenger side window was not seated right. (The small triangular piece behind the side mirror). I went back to the service center the same day I picked up the car and it was readjusted. It’s about 50% better but you can still hear wind coming in when above 30mph.

- Today on 9/30 I went to get the car tinted including heat blocking clear tint on the windshield. The installers refused to touch the windshield because the dashboard doesn’t fit right. It’s “wavy” at the base of the windshield. I will have to take it back to tesla this week. (see pics)

- when going over speed bumps slowly there’s a “clanking” noise. I will get this checked next week as well

Other than that - LOVE the car. The 21” rims aren’t as harsh as I expected. So many features to learn about. The white interior is amazing.

My only gripe is the inability to use an iPod plugged in. I did follow several other threads and have a USB thumb drive in use. I still have to figure out how to transfer the tags and play list order. Right now it plays in alphabetical order.

44405A28-E545-4443-8E89-194D28057046.jpeg 65747448-8C37-496E-8FC1-DE5A29997801.jpeg D9FDE45F-4B78-495F-B6CA-32F06F276E32.jpeg

It looks like you got the adaptive headlamps. Did you buy the Premium Upgrade Package?

What did you say to get an iphone dock for free?

Yes, I did get the premium upgrade, they are the adaptive headlights. Didn’t really notice them during the day, but will be testing them tomorrow.

For the dock, I asked if they had any they could include, since they were touting how well the iPhone pairs with the Tesla. It’s a $35 part that took them 5 minutes to install. I would have paid for it, but figured it was worth asking and it paid off.