Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just got update from my DS ... Looks like my car was shipped via train ...

Currently in transit to vehicle sorting yard in Chicago. SC expecting it late next week and then I am still looking at pick up on the week of Dec 18th ..

For anyone who's Tesla is currently in Transit and is being picked up on the east coast ... It most likely is on the same train.

Traded in my 85 D today (actually terminated lease 5 mos early) and took delivery of S 100D. No issues, easy and pleasant. Great job as expected by the Rockville, MD SC. No pics, sorry - car is now getting partial wrap and full paint protection.

Not to threadjack, but where are you getting the wrap and paint protection done?

Back on topic, here is my info:
Ordered 10/20, confirmed 10/23
Website said Jan-Feb 2018 delivery
In mid Nov the DS told me likely delivery would be mid December
I actually got the car 11/29 in Tyson’s VA
So definitely a case of “under promise, over deliver” in my experience

well, after reading everyone’s cool progress, i have decided to bug OA by sending him sms. he then called and inform me my car was actually built on Dec 4, should be in transit now. Should i trust him >_<? nothing updated on my tesla account tho... hmmmmm

I ordered on Oct 30th - confirmed on Nov 2nd. Delivery scheduled for Oakville - on the Tesla site I initially had delivery Late Jan/Early Feb. Moved to in production a few days ago. DS called me last night to inform that car will be available much earlier and we've scheduled pick up for Dec 19th. I would presume both our cars are travelling together for mine to arrive at that date, so I wouldn't be worried if I was you.

Hope that helps!

• Informative
Reactions: mahagala and Snobun
Confirmed 7th october, 75D, was promised december. Now they say the car wont be produced untill january and then delivery end of feb/early march. Kinda sad, but I at least get a 2018 model!
My advice to you would be to scour the new inventory options to see if you can get something before year's end. Firstly, because you may lose out on the $7500 federal tax rebate, and secondly, because you will get your car a lot faster. You can either search for inventory vehicles at Tesla Inventory Search or reach out to someone at any Tesla store that can give you whatever options are available. I will warn you that there generally aren't too many options to choose from in the 75D and when there are, they are gone fast.

Hope this can help you out

My advice to you would be to scour the new inventory options to see if you can get something before year's end. Firstly, because you may lose out on the $7500 federal tax rebate, and secondly, because you will get your car a lot faster. You can either search for inventory vehicles at Tesla Inventory Search or reach out to someone at any Tesla store that can give you whatever options are available. I will warn you that there generally aren't too many options to choose from in the 75D and when there are, they are gone fast.

He’s in Norway

Reactions: BHCLUC and DriveMe
I ordered on Oct 30th - confirmed on Nov 2nd. Delivery scheduled for Oakville - on the Tesla site I initially had delivery Late Jan/Early Feb. Moved to in production a few days ago. DS called me last night to inform that car will be available much earlier and we've scheduled pick up for Dec 19th. I would presume both our cars are travelling together for mine to arrive at that date, so I wouldn't be worried if I was you.

Hope that helps!
Same here, ordered October 30, confirmed November 2. Currently in production, DS said it would likely be ready next week, well, I’m not, so scheduled for December 26.

Thanks! I live in Norway though so I won't lose any tax stuff anyways :) And I got a really good price on my car compared to the inventory ones they have!