Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, what features do you miss most about the A6? I'm currently driving a 2017 A4 on 21"s and I love it. I'm nervous that my new-found love for German build-quality is going to leave me disappointed with small things like misaligned trim. How do you find the cabin noise at highway speeds compared to your A6?

@Arrowpine - Honestly, lots of small things here and there but nothing deal-breaking. In general, I think Tesla is a fantastic tech car but not a super luxury for being $90k upwards. Leather quality, cooling seats, wifi hotspot, rear view mirror size/quality, lack of space in console, door, stereo quality, door buttons on passenger side, lack pull tray/console in back seat...just to name a few. Again, don't get me wrong. I LOVE this car and have no regrets. I've had german cars (BMW, Audi, MB, 2nd Audi) for over 15 years and find this car a marvel to own and drive. It makes up for LOT in its driving and technology but it does have minor steps to go...perhaps in a year or two, all will be there and more. Just my opinion.

@Arrowpine - Honestly, lots of small things here and there but nothing deal-breaking. In general, I think Tesla is a fantastic tech car but not a super luxury for being $90k upwards. Leather quality, cooling seats, wifi hotspot, rear view mirror size/quality, lack of space in console, door, stereo quality, door buttons on passenger side, lack pull tray/console in back seat...just to name a few. Again, don't get me wrong. I LOVE this car and have no regrets. I've had german cars (BMW, Audi, MB, 2nd Audi) for over 15 years and find this car a marvel to own and drive. It makes up for LOT in its driving and technology but it does have minor steps to go...perhaps in a year or two, all will be there and more. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the detailed reply! I got 19”s because I’ve heard they significantly reduce road noise. How do find the road and wind noise ?

Hey guys, been lurking since I ordered in early Feb so it's nice to finally say hi!

This wheel-less situation just happened to me and I predicted it had something to do with the vehicle going into production. Sure enough, the Tesla website updated my vehicle as "in production" within a day or two. See attached.

Funny enough, my DS didn't mention a thing about starting production. I'm picking up from the Nashville location btw.

Hang in there. The wait should be over soon!
Wow. I take your words!

Awesome! I read about that but didn't want to invest an additional $500 plus the extra expense for the more expensive wire because I truly know I don't need that but I do like the idea of faster charging! This car is turning into a wildly expensive ride but hey.....you only live once and this, I don't care what ANYONE says is better than any other car out there. I wouldn't HAVE another Benz, Lexus or for that matter I wouldn't want a Lamborghini or Maserati...those just aren't me and to me, no where CLOSE to a beautiful Model S Tesla....No Porsche, no Bentley, no Bugatti....NONE OF THEM! (Not that I could afford them but just sayin') I see those around town and they just don't impress me but Tesla? OH YES. There just isn't another car that matches up when you compare everything. I know I am partial but nope. I love my TESLA!!!!!! :D

CBP with our 75D’s we can only charge at 48Amps max, except super charging.
The 100’s can charge at 72Amps.

Hope all went well with your mom.

I suppose you got to get some mileage in today and tried out a few super chargers

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Sorry to hear about your damage, Reddy. We got plenty of wind damage up in Frederick. Fortunately for me the only impact is that my spring garden bed cleanup got easier. Leaves are all gone.

Up in Walkersville we had our large barn door blown off the rollers. We sweet talked back on We had 4 large trees down and cut them up

At home with the power outages my mom lost all her food in the fridge. I had a screen door blown off the hinges.

No plaster patching done today

OK here's my Tesla story of woe.
I originally ordered a 100D back in December from inventory because I was worried about the tax incentive going away. A week later it shows up and they send me pictures of a large dent/scrape on the rear quarter panel. I couldn't in good conscience put out over $100K for the car to go straight to the body shop. I'm assuming this one got damaged while it was a "loaner" or demo not in transit. So I had them apply the $2500 to a factory 75D which I'm still not so patiently waiting on.

Ordered Inventory 100D on 9 Dec
Car arrives damaged on 18 Dec
Ordered factory 75D on 20 Dec
Confirmed 24 Dec
VIN received 24 Jan
In Production 08 Feb
In Transit 14 Feb
Preliminary delivery Appointment 24 Feb in Orlando
DS called rescheduled for 8 March arriving by rail :mad:
Come to find out the Norfolk Southern rail yard in Birmingham is backed up.
DS emails on March 1st that they are allocating my vehicle to a truck with an earlier arrival date to Orlando and will call ASAP with delivery date. Crickets today so I'm wondering if I'll even get it Thursday (8th) now.
I'm trying to be patient I really am but it is starting to drive me nuts.
I will say both my DS and OA have been very understanding and forthcoming throughout.

Model S 75D, Blue Metallic, Cream Interior, EAP, PUP.

This delay really wasn’t Tesla’s fault but NS’s. But I know your bummed. Hang in there it won’t be long now.

Glad you are safe and sound Reddy... Don't move to Florida ;) I'm literally still cleaning up from not only Irma but also Matthew from two years ago.
I'm sure CBP will be back from her trip shortly all chipper telling us how she built up the courage to try AP and can't live without it now.

You're much nicer than I am, Reddy Kilowatt! I would have refused that and made them make me a new truck! You hate having a new vehicle that has been "wrecked," but I cannot say I do not blame you for taking the truck and I am glad it worked out for you. What a story! I dread seeing that scratch on HA3AP's console. I'll be though, it will be easily taken care of and taken care of the right way as your truck was. I hope so anyway. That sure is a disappointment when getting a new vehicle that you've waited for, for so long!
I really needed the truck and had waited over ten weeks for it to be built.

Could you wait through two Tesla production cycles :eek:

It’s been 10 years for the truck and no signs that was damage. Back then they we still had flip phones so they would call me to come down to witness every part of the repair. They really made sure I was satisfied with the repair

It's pretty good with both of them. Esp for a car that's so so quiet, it's such an accomplishment.

It's pretty good with both of them. Esp for a car that's so so quiet, it's such an accomplishment.

That's great to hear, thanks!

On a side note, how many of y'all had corrections done on your vehicles during the delivery process? I'm going to be taking delivery in the middle of an important work trip, so I am trying to get a sense for the probability of defects and the necessary travel planning needed. Just in case!

Oh yes, that makes sense! I like the faster charging aspect of that!!! You have done your "time." Now it's time to upgrade in all respects and you most certainly are! I am so excited for you and happy that you've completed that task. I cannot imagine how difficult it was to do all that running wire thru the finished basement ceiling, not to mention everything else you had to do. Wow. That's all behind you now! So, now all you have to do is wait on that awesome car! By the way, I having the Opti-Coat Pro Plus removed from my front bumper, hood and rockers next Monday. XPEL will be put on after the technician (who will be coming to my home!) buffs off the Opti-Coat Pro Plus so the XPEL will stick and then the other technician will put the Opti-Coat Pro Plus back on <sigh> Another $1500 for the application of the XPEL on those areas and I am I'll to pay for the re-application of the Opti-Coat Pro Plus after that but hey.......after a rock chip ALREADY (before I drove 28 miles home) was just a terrible thing to experience and I know there'll be more if I don't do this so I am going to do it.
As for that wind in DC yesterday, I know it was really something else! I am a watcher of the DC Eagles in the Arboretum and that Poplar tree was swaying but their nest is over a ton so it's pretty secure but I know it was pretty bad. I cannot imagine living there. Exciting!
BTW, I have to drive to Memphis (225 miles from here) tomorrow because my 91 yo mother is having a minor surgical procedure where she will have to be anesthesized and I need to be there, alongside my younger sister and older brother who both live in the Memphis area, so pray that I don't pick up any additional rock chips on my first road trip. I haven't tried EAP yet, not sure I want to, kinda scared to do it by myself even though I know it'll make me a safer driver. Anyway, I will be online but gotta get this trip behind me.:(

Yes the eagles were rocking and rolling all day long

Again good luck with your mom

I really needed the truck and had waited over ten weeks for it to be built.

Could you wait through two Tesla production cycles :eek:

It’s been 10 years for the truck and no signs that was damage. Back then they we still had flip phones so they would call me to come down to witness every part of the repair. They really made sure I was satisfied with the repair
Can't really say that I blame you! That was pretty nice of them to keep you posted like they did. I cannot imagine waiting for another vehicle after waiting for this one! You obviously made the right choice! Glad it worked out for you, that is amazing. They were right when they said you'd never know it. Now, let's just get that Tesla to you in perfect shape!

Yes the eagles were rocking and rolling all day long

Again good luck with your mom
Thanks! Well, I made it! WOW! Driving on the interstate for 225 miles was a breeze! Loved it. I used EAP for the first time ever, today and it was so great. Cruise control as well. Arrived at the Jackson, TN Super Charger with 35% battery after starting with 100% charge. That is right 156 miles, so I did pretty well, I suppose. Then I drove another 75 miles to the SC in Memphis, charged up to 80% and drove on to my mother's home. Not a glitch! So wonderful, so smooth and I actually went the speed limit the entire time! I guess that's why I did so well on my mileage. As for my Washington DC Eagle Cam Watchers Facebook page, I didn't get to get online until a few minutes ago. STILL no eggs but those two, (MrP and TFL) are still "at it," for sure.
Anyway, my first road trip: SUCCESS! (I did scrape my wheel in two places at the stupid Taco Bell drive thru in Memphis. They make you stay in a little lane that curves and I caught my back left wheel on the curb...two little scrapes. Can probably be touched up, it's not bad and it's only the wheel.....)
Let me know when you hear anything more about your car!~ I can't wait for you to get it now that you're ready to charge!

Glad you are safe and sound Reddy... Don't move to Florida ;) I'm literally still cleaning up from not only Irma but also Matthew from two years ago.
I'm sure CBP will be back from her trip shortly all chipper telling us how she built up the courage to try AP and can't live without it now.
I did! I did! I did use EAP almost as soon as I got a little bit on the outskirts of Nashville and I do love it. I LOVE IT! There is a slight problem though. I always want to be in my car. I seem to want to drive all the time. That isn't like me. It's this Tesla "thing." I am not quite sure there is a cure for it. I used to just get in the car and go where I needed to go and save all my errands for one day. You know, instead of going out all the time, just go one day and get all my running around done. Well.....this Tesla "thing" is a serious affliction. It is causing me to drive just to DRIVE. Sometimes I don't even have any place in particular I need to go but I just get in the car and start driving! I do not think there is a cure for this and even though it has only been a little over ONE WEEK, I am HOOKED. I am officially a Tesla addict and I simply cannot help myself. ;):p:D <singing> "All I Wanna Do....." (is drive my Tesla.) :cool:

Reactions: pilotSteve
CBP with our 75D’s we can only charge at 48Amps max, except super charging.
The 100’s can charge at 72Amps.

Hope all went well with your mom.

I suppose you got to get some mileage in today and tried out a few super chargers
Thank you! She will have her nerve block on Tuesday morning. Hopefully she will do well.
You know, I did not know that the 100s could charge faster, I just thought they provided extra range. Hmmmm.....That is a HUGE difference! Oh well. I did stop at one Super Charger (in Jackson TN) and that was enough but I decided to stop in Memphis on the way in and SC again just to be able to have a semi-full charge when I arrived at her home. It was a lot of fun! I can't wait for you to get yours!!!! You are going to love your new Tesla!

Up in Walkersville we had our large barn door blown off the rollers. We sweet talked back on We had 4 large trees down and cut them up

At home with the power outages my mom lost all her food in the fridge. I had a screen door blown off the hinges.

No plaster patching done today
Wow, that's a LOT of damage. I didn't realize how bad it was up that way until I watched a recording of the ABC World News tonight. That was some rough, rough weather. It's been a crazy Winter! I cannot imagine what the Spring is going to be like here in TN......Tornadoes and such. Already had one tornado hit Clarksville, TN (where Fort Campbell Army Base is) last week. Tore up a BUNCH of houses. It's that time of year again....... Glad you didn't have any more damage than you did and I hope your mother's power is back on!

Hmmm...I'm beating you it @CBPfromTN :) Work's been crazy with 60+ hours BUT it hasn't stopped me from driving it all over. @451 miles in 4 days :) Just LOVING the car. I still love my Audi A6 Quattro but this car is something else for sure. I do miss some luxury features but the drive makes up for a lot of misses.
You ARE driving a lot!!!! wow. I just checked. I have 421 miles :) Today was 225 of them. I am glad you love driving your new Tesla, as I am crazy about mine! I know I am going to drive mine a lot more than I've driven my past 3 cars. This is just a fun car to drive and everyone is always so curious and that's fun too! I am so glad you got your car! We have all been waiting for so long, I can't believe we are all getting (or have already gotten) our cars. It's been fun!