Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are you notified that your car is in production? Does your DS email you? How many days approximately is it from start of production to delivery?

I was told by my DS that I should be receiving my S around 3/24/18 give or take a few days.
My Tesla account status changed from “scheduled for production” to “in production”. My DS usually notifies me after the fact or after I pester her.

I know we have had a decent amount of recent deliveries. Can anyone confirm that they have the new S processor for the center screen? I am hoping since I had so many delays mine had this.
I did scroll the map during my 11 mile drive to the wrap shop yesterday. It was very smooth. But I can't say for sure whether it is the new processor.

I should get it back later today or tomorrow morning. I'll check the processor and let everyone know what I find.

Doesnt it find it odd that they would actually deliver your car with so many scratches? My Bpillar was cracked among many other issues.

I personally believe 1 of 2 things are happening or maybe even both
1) everyone at Tesla QA is incompetent or don't care
2) they are banking on the fact that the owner never notices and they never have to fix the issues
Yes it did seem odd. A 20 second walk around the car would have found many of them. They could have (should have) buffed as many out as they could before I got there. You know, like every other dealership in the country.

I tried to put myself in their shoes (both the guy delivering my car, and the detail guy). At my location, on average they deliver one Model 3 per day, plus I don't know how many S and X's. Maybe it gets tedious after a while and QC suffers. It shouldn't, especially for cars this expensive. But it does. As a young company they're still working through these types of issues.

How are you notified that your car is in production? Does your DS email you? How many days approximately is it from start of production to delivery?

I was told by my DS that I should be receiving my S around 3/24/18 give or take a few days.
I just had to hit F5 one hundred million times over the course of two months and voila my vehicle went into production. I think that's the trick. :)

Seriously though, I found out on the website. No one let me know. Production is 4-5 days. Delivery is highly dependent on your location. My transit time was 2 days, then they prepped the car for 2 days until delivery. You're in California so I'm guessing your timeline will be similar. Since you already have a delivery date you can work backwards to figure out your approximate 'in production' date. Probably later this week or Monday at the latest. You're getting close for sure.

I'd be disappointed too. Did they tell you when you will get yours?

Yea back to original promise date 23rd they were talking that I may get it as soon as the 19th. They haven't bumped me yet. I guess I was on the second train load of cars. or on the back of the train.

Do you think your car got a bunch of Rocks dropped on it, or sand blasted going through the desert? How can a car get so scratched up. It's like someone walked and brushed it off by had., which would be hard on the bumpers.

Hi all--first post here:

Ordered MS 75D on 2/27/18 in NJ
Confirmed: 3/2/18

June delivery, hoping its toward the beginning of June of course.

If configure a car today it still says June delivery. Figure the longer it says "June" and not "July" that helps my chances.

Cheers
Congrats on the new order. Welcome to the "limbo" forum where you can commiserate with all the other poor souls waiting for their status to change. :)