Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Asked for my VIN and got a great Reply

Just received my VIN 6656 :)

Just received my VIN (6244). Wow, now I need to put some cash together quicker than I planned. Not complaining :smile:

Model S Res. #13,967, non-perf, 85KWh, Pearl White, Black Leather, Piano Black, 19", Pano, Tech, Air, twin chargers
Deposit 11/15, Invitation to configure 1/14, Pre-MVPA 1/29, VIN (6244) 2/22, Window 3/4 – 3/18.

I have had my S for a week and just love it. Looks great, drives great, and no issues. I had the windows tinted today which only magnifies how great looking this car is. I have no reservations about the purchase and look forward to years of fun. What a car!!

RThree, I am not usually a fan of tinted windows, but they look spectacular on your Model S. Congrats and enjoy! And send some of that California weather to Pittsburgh so I can enjoy mine some more!

I have had my S for a week and just love it. Looks great, drives great, and no issues. I had the windows tinted today which only magnifies how great looking this car is. I have no reservations about the purchase and look forward to years of fun. What a car!!

I picked up my black MS from the factory in Sunday and had the windows tinted all the war around as well and love it. Next think I'm getting done is a clear bra on the entire hood and carbon fiber wrap on the rear diffuser below the bumper

Regarding the rebate, you can search for electric car rebate and the website will come up. You can fill out the application once you have a MVPA. You need a date of purchase (not in the future). I turned that form in 1 week before my actual pickup so I won't be able to get the registration data until pickup. You have 14 days from the time the application is accepted (dated) to have your stuff postmarked, not delivered. Easy to do so long as you're not more than 8 - 10 days from delivery

Yup. Apparently, mine was the first "85" badge in Canada. The other two that came up on that truck...a black one and a grey one didn't have the "85" on them, despite them being higher VINs. I think the black one was heading to Manitoba (#5303, I think)...grey one was off to Calgary.

I'm a hard nut to please, and I have to say, they did a great job putting this vehicle together...it's quite impressive, given all that can go wrong with a start-up. I certainly have some 'would like to see/have', but I'm just enjoying the thrill at this time. My excruciatingly long wait was finally squashed...and I'm still grinning. Your turn is just around the corner...

sounds like mine is (possibly) at the Chicago service center! Penfed check coming monday - finalize payment then, then loaded on a truck to MN. (Vin 5775 - Delivery est 2/26 - 3/12).
.... Anyone going to the Chicago Service Center and want to take a picture or see if you can find it ?!

Quick question: are the very recent deliveries - particularly at the factory - still missing the chrome trim on the UMC end?! That's the only item (a cosmetic one, of course) on my due bill from Jan 19; am wondering if I should get the folks in the Menlo Park store to order one up for me if they have become available again.

Quick question: are the very recent deliveries - particularly at the factory - still missing the chrome trim on the UMC end?! That's the only item (a cosmetic one, of course) on my due bill from Jan 19; am wondering if I should get the folks in the Menlo Park store to order one up for me if they have become available again.

I was told by my service advisor that the entire UMC will be replaced with one that actually has the aluminum (not chrome, never was...) trim on the end. They won't be installing the trim to the one you received at delivery.

I was told by my service advisor that the entire UMC will be replaced with one that actually has the aluminum (not chrome, never was...) trim on the end. They won't be installing the trim to the one you received at delivery.

Thanks, spatters. Wonder if I can give Tesla some amount smaller than the oft-quoted $500 and get to keep the current, used UMC as a spare?!

Thanks, spatters. Wonder if I can give Tesla some amount smaller than the oft-quoted $500 and get to keep the current, used UMC as a spare?!

That would be nice...then I could tell them to keep the HPWC I have on the due bill, which isn't going to be useful until I replace my main service panel to a single-main 200A instead of twin 100A main breakers!