Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the call to pick my delivery date. Well, I actually was contacted twice - once via phone from a new person in Brooklyn (I'm in DC area) and then same day via email from who I thought was my DS. When I replied - I'm confused - who should I deal with, I got this:

"We are going through transitions internally. Continue working with Irene, I apologize for the redundancy and communication on my end.
Again, I apologize for the confusion."

I guess better to be over-contacted then not at all.

Once I pin down exact date I will update spreadsheet. But looks like for me it was exactly 2 months nose to tail. Ordered in showroom June 1 and have option for delivery as early as July 31.

Reactions: MarkKW and tdzzxx
I got the call to pick my delivery date. Well, I actually was contacted twice - once via phone from a new person in Brooklyn (I'm in DC area) and then same day via email from who I thought was my DS. When I replied - I'm confused - who should I deal with, I got this:

"We are going through transitions internally. Continue working with Irene, I apologize for the redundancy and communication on my end.
Again, I apologize for the confusion."

I guess better to be over-contacted then not at all.

Once I pin down exact date I will update spreadsheet. But looks like for me it was exactly 2 months nose to tail. Ordered in showroom June 1 and have option for delivery as early as July 31.
Congrats! Still waiting to be contacted by the DS. You and I have tracked pretty closely throughout this process, so I'm hoping it will be soon for me.

Congrats! Still waiting to be contacted by the DS. You and I have tracked pretty closely throughout this process, so I'm hoping it will be soon for me.
Hi,

No DS has contacted me. Have you reached out to someone, or did they assign a DS to you proactively?

I’m waiting for my car to finish production (which should be in the next day or so) before I call my sales consultant.

Hi,

No DS has contacted me. Have you reached out to someone, or did they assign a DS to you proactively?

I’m waiting for my car to finish production (which should be in the next day or so) before I call my sales consultant.
I touched base with my owner advisor once the car went into production at the beginning of the month. She texted me that the car would likely be delivered the first week of August. I don't want to seem pushy when there's no indication that it will be later than what they told me. Just hoping that it will arrive sooner!

As for DS, the name and his email were given to me on my tesla page underneath the status. It's been there for a while, probably since the order was confirmed.

I touched base with my owner advisor once the car went into production at the beginning of the month. She texted me that the car would likely be delivered the first week of August. I don't want to seem pushy when there's no indication that it will be later than what they told me. Just hoping that it will arrive sooner!

As for DS, the name and his email were given to me on my tesla page underneath the status. It's been there for a while, probably since the order was confirmed.
I checked again, there is no name anywhere on my Tesla page, and definitely not under the status. It is so strange that the experience is so vastly different from person to person.

I called up the sales center. Someone is looking into who my DS is...

Did the page update to "In Production Status" before you called your advisor or after,

Glad I called, thanks for the advice. Got a call from Michael in NY, and now his name and email address are showing on my Tesla account page.

In his voicemail he said I would be looking at a mid-August deliver. Seems far out given my car is going to finish production in a day or two (based completely on my guess since its been in production for 4 days now.)

Reactions: SpudLime
Quick update on my order and comment on the "process"

Emailed my (I believe 5th) DS and he mentioned that my car is getting ready for production (which was supposed to be in production already as my previous DS told me) and will be ready mid - late August.

I'm located in SJ > Ordered June 24 > VIN June 30th > delivery mid - late August

Definitely agree with Spud, you have to reach out to get any kind of info. The whole process has been terrible for me. It's really hit or miss :/

Reactions: SpudLime