Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just talked with my DS and he said my car (6533) was about 1/2 way through production and would 'maybe' be ready for pick up this weekend, but he did not want to schedule a date as I am flying up for a factory tour/pick up and he couldn't guarantee it would be ready. He thought it would be best to schedule the following weekend for the weekly 'delivery event'. Apparently they like to do pick ups/factory tours only on Fri, Sat or Sun if they can. Mon-Thurs is focused on remote deliveries.

I have a feeling the car will be ready for pick up this weekend but it will likely be too short of notice for me to make it up.

11/24/12 Reservation
1/28/13 Config and paperwork complete
2/11/13 Delivery Button
2/12/13 Delivery window (LA area) 3/8 - 3/22
2/21/13 Changed to factory pick up (no official change in delivery window)
2/26/13 Called to get vin - 6533
2/27/13 Called to request MPVA, they requested DL ans INS
2/28/13 VIN showed up in App

------------------
p85 Vin6533 Black on Black

And lastly, I've had the biggest sh*t eating grin on my face since my day started at the factory yesterday at 9AM. I hadn't even driven the car yet, and was only filling out paperwork, and I was smiling away. It was definitely worth the wait.

We're twins! Great review. I had a loud '09 Porsche Carrera S that I was planning to keep as a second car for longer trips, and after a week with the Model S, I found that the Porsche seemed boring (!) and I wasn't driving it. I took the 911 down to the dealer, they made me a very strong offer, and sold it to them with zero regrets since. I'm sure you'll miss the STi at first, but it will quickly become a distant memory.

Reservation 15807
VIN 6313
scheduled for delivery at Costa Mesa on Friday, March 8, 2013
P85, gray, most options.

I also suspect that VIN in app appeared once the car was basically built (happened last week).
If you're interested in other relevant dates, I've posted those previously. :smile:

R14549 delivered to home in Woodinville today.
Perfect
Due Bill; HPWC and Parcel Shelf.
Day was perfect before Andrew delivered the car, then it got better.
Alan's Tesla.jpg

I am not going to sleep tonight!!!!! I had my car scheduled to be delivered on the 18th since I will be leaving for Germany on Wednesday. I called this morning to check on the status. They said, the car is in the final stage and should be done today. I thought 18th would be fine. Then, I received a phone call at 4 PM and said my car is in Portland and can be delivered tomorrow! That was weird. They will deliver at 7 AM tomorrow!!!!!

This is awesome and I am going crazy. Pics and story to come later!!

R14549 delivered to home in Woodinville today.
Perfect
Due Bill; HPWC and Parcel Shelf.
Day was perfect before Andrew delivered the car, then it got better.
Congratulations! Is that a Tesla-installed front license plate bracket? I'm curious because it's lower than I've seen Tesla generally putting it, and there have been concerns about blocking air flow.

My white P85 (VIN 6087) arrived 1 day earlier than the start of my two week window. Only item on the due bill is the CF spoiler. The P85 badge is also missing, but they told me that every 85 and P85 car will get a badge. The redesigned vent, and sun visors will also be retrofitted to all cars when available.

Expecting snow tonight so the car is sitting in the garage. Will take photos when weather is better.

I am not going to sleep tonight!!!!! I had my car scheduled to be delivered on the 18th since I will be leaving for Germany on Wednesday. I called this morning to check on the status. They said, the car is in the final stage and should be done today. I thought 18th would be fine. Then, I received a phone call at 4 PM and said my car is in Portland and can be delivered tomorrow! That was weird. They will deliver at 7 AM tomorrow!!!!!
This is awesome and I am going crazy. Pics and story to come later!!

My car arrived home exactly at 7 AM. Delivery process took about 1 hour and my DS did a great job. Car arrived with 234 miles charge and 12 miles on the odometer (is that the word now?). Things on my due bill - CF spoiler, Parcel Shelf, P85 badge. Small issues - front hood did not align quite well (they will fix it), front mats are cheap.
What an amazing car! The speed is unbelievable, technology is awesome, and i have a huge Tesla grin!! Everything is working great and could not be happier. Here are few pics. I love the dark blue color. AMAZING!!!!

:cool::biggrin::biggrin::love:

Attachments

• Model S-1.jpg
    Model S-1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 817
  • Model S-2.jpg
    Model S-2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 816
  • Model S-3.jpg
    Model S-3.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 811
  • Model S-4.jpg