Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you feel the cynicism being pushed out by electric yet? Are you grabbing the keys to the Model S before your other cars? Are you thinking of excuses to drive? (I'm ready to win that bet!)

Congrats.

I picked up mine in the morning before Kaivball, and only now I got the time to go online :)
Been busy driving around, showing to friends.
Left my Acura in the factory parking lot in the morning, came back around 4PM just to get it back home :)
Put up around 90+ miles, no issues. Didn't get the spoiler yet (guess its backlogged), didn't know can't take the kids for the tour (guys there felt really sorry esp for the communication part), everyone in the family was so excited after getting the car.

And ofcourse I curbed my front driver side 21'' wheel, but didn't feel bad, had to be more careful going forward or look at some protection mechanisms like the AlloyGators.
Realize now that I haven't taken any pictures...

Another Tesla grin :) My P85 was delivered tonight at the Tampa service center. I have to write some longer story of the last turbulent days tomorrow. For now I am just tired and happy :)

WP_20130318_005.jpg
WP_20130318_006.jpg
WP_20130318_007.jpg

Wow! That is super fast!! Anyone concerned that TSLA will run out of a backlog by the end of the year, or have to slow down production to make an artificial backlog?

Tesla's been deliberately shipping cars with particular option combinations first. For reference, if you want to get your car quick, you have to order a US model, 85kW battery, air suspension, and don't order red. 60kW models are being produced but they seem to have a longer delay from ordering to delivery than 85kW models (probably Tesla trying to get good cash flow by shipping higher-margin cars first).

There's currently a backlog of people who ordered Red, Standard Suspension, and 40kW batteries -- there's also a backlog of European reservations. As long as everything goes well with the design of those variants, Tesla doesn't have to worry about running out of a backlog until 2014. If there's some horrible delay to European homologation, then there might be a problem. I believe in 2014, we will see what sales look like on a going-forward basis, and not before.

Excellent! Great color combo! Looking forward to getting our cars together at the next event.

I am in contact with Liam to organize some get together and he mentioned you. I am always up for a happy hour meeting, does not have to be an official car show !

Joe

- - - Updated - - -

Wow total Stormtrooper! Love it! Making me a little jealous... ;)

Whose crappy Panamera is that in the background of the first pic? A trade-in?

Yep, it's a trade in but not mine. I said goodbye to my beautiful Audi A5 which I sold to the Audi dealer for 3K more than Autonation offered me.

- - - Updated - - -

The Panamera is one supposedly ugly-looking ICEmobile that even the Top Gear petrol heads cannot tolerate.

HAHAH, yes ! I drove four Porsches and always found them to be the best cars ever, but when the Panamera came out I could not believe that the upper management signed off that ugly car. The designers really had not better idea than just stretching a 911 and put 2 additional doors in ! However I am sure it does drive awesome (for an ICE).