Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivered 1:15pm today!

Came with 105 mi range left, 15 miles driven, firmware 4.4 (1.31.11). Has 60 badge on trunk. Same front and rear seat posts.

Pics later.
OK, not the sexiest pics, but they'll get the job done for now. Once I've got her properly detailed, tinted, and possibly clear bra'd, I'll take and post some more.

The truck my car came in. The car wasn't covered itself (like the others in the truck were). But at least the truck itself was covered. James the driver told me mine barely made it on the truck, he was asked to wait while they detailed it as soon as it came off the line for testing.
IMG_1493.jpg

The car being unloaded. You can see that it has the 60 badge. Need to consider removing that.
IMG_1503.jpg

My (other) new baby! It was a perfectly sunny day here in Tempe (well, it usually is) to show the color. Its why "brown" is brown here. In other places it may not be distinguishable.
IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

15 miles and 105 miles of range remaining. I do like me some old school hip hop, but I swear that was there before I got there. There's a reason the screen says "Do not use Nav, Slacker" I guess :)
IMG_1511.jpg

By the way, I guess since it rolled off the line and immediately went to ship, it had all the plastic on everything. Front seats, visors, touchscreen, steering wheel. I had to remove all those myself. At least it kept it all clean!

And I DID get BOTH front and rear mats. They were in the trunk. The frunk and trunk also have the basic mats too. I'll definitely keep the frunk all-weather mat. May return the others. I was worried it came with NONE when I bought it. With these basic flimsy ones, at least I can have some time to get proper ones for less and air them out if need be.

In a ridiculously amazing coincidence, my J1772 station is being installed in my garage today and tomorrow. Really, so many variables were in play in both parts that their lining up on the same day is like lottery odds. Today, 80% of the conduit and drilling was done. Tomorrow I will have the ability to charge both my MS and Volt at my spaces in the common underground garage.

It's been a long and sometimes difficult journey. It's hard to describe how incredible it feels to actually sit behind the wheel. Thanks to everyone here for their support and insight. I look forward to enjoying and continue learning about the car!

Last edited:
Congrats Jomo. You've rekindled the joy I recently had in taking delivery of our S. I'll be honest, I wasn't a big fan of brown on the MS and have only seen one in the wild around here from a distance, but seeing your pictures with the car in the desert and bright sun, I agree with the other posters that the brown really looks good. Never thought I'd say that (other than about my chocolate lab, who I just call "Brown" half the time).

OK, not the sexiest pics, but they'll get the job done for now. Once I've got her properly detailed, tinted, and possibly clear bra'd, I'll take and post some more.

The truck my car came in. The car wasn't covered itself (like the others in the truck were). But at least the truck itself was covered. James the driver told me mine barely made it on the truck, he was asked to wait while they detailed it as soon as it came off the line for testing.

The car being unloaded. You can see that it has the 60 badge. Need to consider removing that.

My (other) new baby! It was a perfectly sunny day here in Tempe (well, it usually is) to show the color. Its why "brown" is brown here. In other places it may not be distinguishable.

View attachment 20355

15 miles and 105 miles of range remaining. I do like me some old school hip hop, but I swear that was there before I got there. There's a reason the screen says "Do not use Nav, Slacker" I guess :)

By the way, I guess since it rolled off the line and immediately went to ship, it had all the plastic on everything. Front seats, visors, touchscreen, steering wheel. I had to remove all those myself. At least it kept it all clean!

And I DID get BOTH front and rear mats. They were in the trunk. The frunk and trunk also have the basic mats too. I'll definitely keep the frunk all-weather mat. May return the others. I was worried it came with NONE when I bought it. With these basic flimsy ones, at least I can have some time to get proper ones for less and air them out if need be.

In a ridiculously amazing coincidence, my J1772 station is being installed in my garage today and tomorrow. Really, so many variables were in play in both parts that their lining up on the same day is like lottery odds. Today, 80% of the conduit and drilling was done. Tomorrow I will have the ability to charge both my MS and Volt at my spaces in the common underground garage.

It's been a long and sometimes difficult journey. It's hard to describe how incredible it feels to actually sit behind the wheel. Thanks to everyone here for their support and insight. I look forward to enjoying and continue learning about the car!

Well done having it delivered at The ASU. I might have to do the same.

Well done having it delivered at The ASU. I might have to do the same.
I live in a condo very near by. It would have been possible, but difficult for a truck that big to deliver. So the driver asked if there was another place to meet. I suggested this lot (Lot 59). It has an entrance just west of Packard Drive on Rio Salado Pkwy that is negotiable for a truck that size. And this portion of the lot is generally empty!