Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on Aug. 3 when FUSC was revived and took delivery Aug. 13. It seems clear that with limited options these days, Model S is being made in batch just like Model 3.

Today Aug. 14 we drove round trip to Zuma Beach, 95 miles. The calibration for autopilot took about 25 miles. The Zuma trip, including some slow traffic on the way home, consumed 117 rated miles at 287 Wh/mi. The rated miles are similar or a bit higher than the S90D but the Wh/mi is lower as we should expect. There are a lot of traffic/weather variables on these local SoCal trips. Our Mammoth trips will be the more valid comparison of efficiency/range.

Our 2015 S90D had coil suspension. Both ride and handling are improved with the Raven air suspension. We think we notice the faster acceleration too, though the Wh/mi went through the roof when I nailed it from a stoplight on Kanan Rd.

Slacker and TuneIn were both disabled when we picked up the car. Slacker was enabled over the air tonight but TuneIn is not yet working.

Ordered a white long range S on the 19th, was told production is behind and it'll be more like 6 weeks, which is fine by me because in the mean time my SA is looking for inventory cars with big price reductions (mostly non-raven) so if one pops up for 70k I'll save 10k over a little performance and range.

Canceled my model 3 order and ordered a showroom vehicle. It was ready today but Tesla financing will not give me a good loan offer. Hoping I can resolve it soon otherwise I’ll lease. I was surprised when I was offered 35k maximum loan when Range Rover offered me 90k loan at 5% a month ago. I even offered a 50k down payment

I ordered 12 hours after you, and still no message about my car from Tesla, also in Tempe AZ! What color/options did you get?
That's interesting. The first time I spoke to the delivery guy was on Tuesday 8/13, and he seemed surprised I already had a VIN. He said it could be someone cancelled an order for the same specs. Thursday I checked online and saw I had delivery scheduled for the next day.
So, it's blue, long range, oak/cream and FSD. Which I wouldn't have thought would be a common color combo, but I'm new here so... :)

That's interesting. The first time I spoke to the delivery guy was on Tuesday 8/13, and he seemed surprised I already had a VIN. He said it could be someone cancelled an order for the same specs. Thursday I checked online and saw I had delivery scheduled for the next day.
So, it's blue, long range, oak/cream and FSD. Which I wouldn't have thought would be a common color combo, but I'm new here so... :)

thats the exact car i ordered!
lol, you got lucky!
have fun with it! Hopefully we'll see you around.

Just picked up my Raven Performance Showroom in Colorado. Way better than service than last time.
71422022-549A-454E-8F08-F6A9EFEC60E6.jpeg
EDAD73D1-D315-4B3F-9863-1EB3FBAE45FA.jpeg
045A23DD-C58E-4411-A443-F9987958E812.jpeg

I've taken delivery of my Model S on August 15 and still have not been given access to the Tesla App. I only have access to my account online and the account has been paid in full and shows a zero balance. Is this a common thing that happens with a purchase of a Tesla?

Attachments

• App error.PNG
    App error.PNG
    351.1 KB · Views: 59