Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Nrazar.. I called and email several times. At this point I don't what to do..

Yea that sounds like Tesla. Mine wasn’t in my app till I walked into the delivery center which was attached to a service center and demanded to speak to a delivery advisor right at 10AM when they opened to fix my app issue along with creating a due bill for some small issues. Maybe going to a delivery center is your best bet too. If not, try a normal store!

Reactions: Leanfwd
Yea that sounds like Tesla. Mine wasn’t in my app till I walked into the delivery center which was attached to a service center and demanded to speak to a delivery advisor right at 10AM when they opened to fix my app issue along with creating a due bill for some small issues. Maybe going to a delivery center is your best bet too. If not, try a normal store!

As a matter of fact I'm about to leave the house on my way to the delivery center where I picked up the car.

Thanks again..

Reactions: Nrazar
I have read many posts here on TMC over the past few months which helped me make my next vehicle decision - a Model S. Now I can finally provide some info back...

Ordered my Model S on 8/13, received a text on 8/24 that it had shipped and a rep would be contacting me. There was also a link to schedule delivery. I scheduled it for 8/31 (today). A rep did call me on 8/29 to confirm the delivery appointment would work and to confirm the high level details of the deal (no trade in, balance due, etc.).

Everything has been smooth thus far. The only thing I would pick at...I ordered online and after placing the order, uploading all documents and doing everything on the list there was nothing online that clearly showed me that things were in progress. In order to verify I sent an email to the rep that I worked with during my test drive and she verified things were in motion. A simple section on the webpage saying I'm done with my stuff and they are working their part would have been helpful.

In any case I am excited to get my new car!

Congrats, I ordered my S the same day -- 8/13 with a delivery on 8/29. Something went off-the-rails. The car didn't show up, the Purchase Agreement and VIN vanished. Everyone is helpful, but the current delivery is sometime in a few weeks. Very odd. Oh well. Que Sera!
Congrats on you S.

Reactions: Leanfwd
Yeah, I celebrated too soon. About 30 minutes before I left the house, the service center called and said the rear windshield is cracked and they were going to have to reschedule for the future. They are unable to specify a new date since they don't know when they will receive the replacement.

I ordered my new 2019 Model S Raven Long Range white with cream interior back on August 8th and the website estimated delivery within 2 weeks. Just over 2 weeks later, I received a text saying they were making the final touches to my car and to expect delivery in 5-6 weeks. It has now been 4 weeks and no word. Anyone else order a white Model S recently and still waiting? The website still estimates "within 2 weeks" for new orders.

I also ordered a white Model S LR with cream interior on August 6th, and have a September 10th delivery date. Hope all goes well without further delay as I sold my 2014 Model S on August 30th. Guess I'll need to change my name when it comes.

Thanks for the helpful info! Hopefully that means mine is coming soon. What day did you receive your delivery date? I still have not received mine yet.

I received the VIN on Saturday, Aug 31st, and was at the Decatur, Ga service center with the buyer of my 2014 to transfer ownership and show her how to charge, etc. While there they found the VIN was on a train in Albuquerque. Don't remember, but first saw delivery date September 2nd or 3rd. I was there again today (4th) and the car is still in transit.

You might contact the person you ordered from and ask them to check your reservation number no see if a VIN has been assigned, and if so, they can locate the car, etc. Good luck.

Update...the service center called today letting me know the car was ready. Not only that, but they offered to deliver to my house! It was easier for my wife and I to just go over to the service center, so that's what we did, but big shout out to the Indianapolis service center to make things right.

As reference, my Model S is a long range with white interior and exterior. I was a little worried about too much white, but it looks great!

Attachments

• 20190904_201956.jpg
    20190904_201956.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 102
Update...the service center called today letting me know the car was ready. Not only that, but they offered to deliver to my house! It was easier for my wife and I to just go over to the service center, so that's what we did, but big shout out to the Indianapolis service center to make things right.

As reference, my Model S is a long range with white interior and exterior. I was a little worried about too much white, but it looks great!

Looks like everyone who ordered a white car is getting called... I have the same build but with black interior.

Ordered a MSM/white interior LR on August 19th and while the online account still only shows the RN number, my sales rep told me yesterday that the car is off production line and a VIN has been assigned.

How much longer is it usually once it’s produced and a VIN has been assigned?

Ordered a MSM/white interior LR on August 19th and while the online account still only shows the RN number, my sales rep told me yesterday that the car is off production line and a VIN has been assigned.

I asked a similar question when I took the factory tour in 6/2018. A car gets a VIN assigned early in the assembly process; when the aluminum pieces are joined to create the skeleton as I recall. Perhaps there are several produced cars that are identical and your’s has yet to be assigned. I’m thinking the delivery logistics are a factor.

Don’t be surprised if you get a call or text in the next day or so that your car is on the way or at the delivery center.

Figure about two weeks + to the east coast, down to about a week for west coast.
Congratulations!