Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered my ms on 4/3, got an email from my advisor today pushing for me to get my financing completed (suggested I do it on 4/12 to hit “end of June” delivery... I have 10to14 weeks listed..) and is also saying “we will prioritize assigning configurations to customers who are showing they are prepared to take delivery of a vehicle soon” so is this an approach that trumps order dates (seems dubious).. while I don’t want to have to run finance twice I will if it moves me up... thoughts

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
So I ordered my ms on 4/3, got an email from my advisor today pushing for me to get my financing completed (suggested I do it on 4/12 to hit “end of June” delivery... I have 10to14 weeks listed..) and is also saying “we will prioritize assigning configurations to customers who are showing they are prepared to take delivery of a vehicle soon” so is this an approach that trumps order dates (seems dubious).. while I don’t want to have to run finance twice I will if it moves me up... thoughts
It doesn’t make sense to get financing now. I’m pretty sure financing can be completed in a day or two. You can also say you’ll be paying cash and then switch at the last minute. Just tell your advisor that your bank needs a VIN.

My account just updated: it now says "July" and no, Im not kidding. LMFAO - that's... incredibly shocking. So 6 months late? Got it. Glad I bought another car. Wow!

Attachments

• WOW.png
    WOW.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 70
My account just updated: it now says "July" and no, Im not kidding. LMFAO
Ugh. Mine too. I think I have something to do with that. Not sure if the update is good (at least some sort of communication) or bad (very delayed delivery). I was able to reach out to a Tesla exec to alert him of the situation and told him of my frustrations being new to Tesla. Told him my account still said March for estimated delivery. He actually responded (which I’m very grateful for that at least someone is paying attention and understands the need to communicate to those who have orders in for some very expensive Tesla vehicles). So sorry guys but at least we have an update, albeit it’s a very disappointing one...perhaps they’re somehow now trying to “under-promise” so they can “over-deliver” ...maybe get us our refreshed MS vehicles in May or June? 🙏🏻

Meanwhile, I’ve still got 10-14 weeks from order date, which brackets June.
I wonder if the delivery estimate is derived from actual deliveries.
Or rather: I wonder if a delivery has been made, and these estimates will change as the pace picks up.

I'm just really glad I bought a chevy volt today. I may or may not keep the S order, but I'll at least keep it around until I get a VIN and then decide, no reason to cancel today. Very disappointed but SO GLAD THEY ARE NOT STRINGING US ALONG FOR 3 MORE MONTHS!

Thank you, Tesla for finally owning up. Good lord!

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Personally I think the MS LR will start deliveries much sooner than the Plaid. I have a feeling the tri-motor Plaid has issues either with the machines used to make them and/or other issues. Don’t know. Hopefully I get a call or another email with more information from Tesla.

Ugh. Mine too. I think I have something to do with that. Not sure if the update is good (at least some sort of communication) or bad (very delayed delivery). I was able to reach out to a Tesla exec to alert him of the situation and told him of my frustrations being new to Tesla. Told him my account still said March for estimated delivery. He actually responded (which I’m very grateful for that at least someone is paying attention and understands the need to communicate to those who have orders in for some very expensive Tesla vehicles). So sorry guys but at least we have an update, albeit it’s a very disappointing one...perhaps they’re somehow now trying to “under-promise” so they can “over-deliver” ...maybe get us our refreshed MS vehicles in May or June? 🙏🏻
Thinking about the under-promise to over-deliver, Q2 ends June 30th, unless there truly was a horrible reason for this delay, they could very well aim for a Q2 end push. Especially because Elon said orders were higher than they anticipated.

Reactions: sflgator
Personally I think the MS LR will start deliveries much sooner than the Plaid. I have a feeling the tri-motor Plaid has issues either with the machines used to make them and/or other issues. Don’t know. Hopefully I get a call or another email with more information from Tesla.
Why u think LR will be before Plaid? There is higher margin on Plaids. There is nothing to suggest that issues with Tri motor. No one knows the cause of delay. If it was only tri motor issue they would have already started dual motor LR deliveries in March

Reactions: Danlbrau