Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, she basically said she had no idea if it was real or not and referred me to my SA. I sent him a text and will wait to hear from him. But he has been pretty silent these days...

The date itself is real. I confirmed with someone internally inside Tesla. They said if you do not receive a VIN sometime soon, the date will most likely be pushed back.

So, she basically said she had no idea if it was real or not and referred me to my SA. I sent him a text and will wait to hear from him. But he has been pretty silent these days...
It looks like the same false hope they bestowed upon Sam. Someone at Tesla still thinks it is April 1st!

With a delivery range that starts in 12 days, I would expect a VIN to be assigned to this order if this was REAL!

Last edited:
I recently watched a video of the fastest EVs. The cars I’m referring to are not mass produced and cost betweeen $1M-$3M. They’re also lighter cars but I was very surprised that the Aspark Owl with 1800HP only has a 65kw battery pack. The Lotus Evija with 1700hp has a 70kw battery. With 3 or 4 electric motors, a huge battery pack isn’t necessary to make big hp.
Yes, but a larger battery will likely get you more range although most Mfgrs can’t get the battery efficiency and range that Tesla can get. My previous EV, the Jaguar I-Pace has a (dual motor) 90+ kw battery and a max range of 250mi. Look at the Porsche and Audi EVs...decent battery sizes but around 200-240mi range with lower performance numbers. Same with Volvo, MB and the others. It appears that Tesla is still years ahead of the others (except for Lucid maybe) in battery technology.

Reactions: elguapo and Drew-MS
The date itself is real. I confirmed with someone internally inside Tesla. They said if you do not receive a VIN sometime soon, the date will most likely be pushed back.
The guy who washes cars at the SC in Akron, Ohio does not count as your "someone internally" contact.

I just love folks on the forums who refer to their imaginary internal friends -

Yes, but a larger battery will likely get you more range although most Mfgrs can’t get the battery efficiency and range that Tesla can get. My previous EV, the Jaguar I-Pace has a (dual motor) 90+ kw battery and a max range of 250mi. Look at the Porsche and Audi EVs...decent battery sizes but around 200-240mi range with lower performance numbers. Same with Volvo, MB and the others. It appears that Tesla is still years ahead of the others (except for Lucid maybe) in battery technology.
I test drove a Jaguar I pace in 2019 and I liked it. But then I learned about the Tesla supercharging network etc. so I test drove a Model S performance. I quickly forgot about the Ipace and I purchased a P100D 🍻. I did like the I Pace, very nice interior.

It looks like the same false hope they bestowed upon Sam. Someone at Tesla still thinks it is April 1st!

With a delivery range that starts in 12 days, I would expect a VIN to be assigned to this order if this was REAL!

Yes - coming from the factory once the car is already completed and has a VIN - it takes roughly 10 days to get to Central Texas, which was my scenario with the Model 3.

Also - Tesla does not ship cars to customers in Texas until everything is fully paid for. So if his dates are true - he'd have to get a VIN basically today or tomorrow, pay it in full to get it by 4/18. So it is feasible, assuming the car comes off of the line ASAP, but not likely I'd say.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: RMG007
Those of us on the east coast with 1/1/21 orders (MS LR black on black 19”) still show nothing on our order page 😏

EAA9050E-9A86-4257-A29A-26D293C42F54.jpeg

Last edited: