Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a feeling my account will update soon. I’ve never had a estimated date & I ordered Jan 26th.... the “Estimated Delivery-“ is new as of today
3FB04AE7-58C2-4720-838E-A7BBF0C1D73B.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: cascadilla
Got a feeling my account will update soon. I’ve never had a estimated date & I ordered Jan 26th.... the “Estimated Delivery-“ is new as of todayView attachment 652680
Would you be willing to give the first 4 numbers, when you ordered and when the “Estimated Delivery:-“ showed on account. I’m late October 2020/Rn1140/still a blank space.

Got a feeling my account will update soon. I’ve never had a estimated date & I ordered Jan 26th.... the “Estimated Delivery-“ is new as of todayView attachment 652680
Now this is def off topic. Haha this is for an X, however I guess they come off the same line kinda. But might mean a flyover tomorrow might show some MS sitting outside. One can hope.

So i have an RN that is a few weeks old and is RN1147
Based on the other RNs posted for Oct of RN1140 very rough math nearly 3/4 of a million orders between them and mine ??? Seems a little high...
I’ve heard these are random but seems like a lot of effort to avoid sequential

thoughts ?

Based on the other RNs posted for Oct of RN1140 very rough math nearly 3/4 of a million orders between them and mine ??? Seems a little high...

thoughts ?
It's all orders. Not just model S but the whole line up.

I just an hour ago did a Cybertruck reservation because why not. Same number sequence just a little further up the line.

Screenshot_20210410-164718_Chrome.jpg

thoughts ?
Honestly, that's my fear as well. I'm in the same RN1147 boat and based on prior quarterly production, I am concerned that if there are 250k orders ahead of me, that it would take over a year unless they dramatically increase throughput. Here are the Model S/X numbers by quarter for last year:
2020 - Q1: 15,390
2020 - Q2: 6,326
2020 - Q3: 16,992
2020 - Q4: 16,097
2020 - Total: 54,805

Edit: doubleshot's explanation above makes much more sense; still I wish we had an idea how many were in the backlog.

I have seen a post with RN 1139. The rest I have seen start with the 11. If I take the 40 say 6777 so RN 114089572to say RN 114789572 and hat is 700,000. If you factor in all models S3XY, cyber truck and roadster that’s still less than the 1,000,000 cars they plan to sell this year. If you take out cybertruck and plaid + that are reserved but not due until 2022 it could be orders.
I haven’t seen what the other models start with though.

Reactions: doubleshot
I have seen a post with RN 1139. The rest I have seen start with the 11. If I take the 40 say 6777 so RN 114089572to say RN 114789572 and hat is 700,000. If you factor in all models S3XY, cyber truck and roadster that’s still less than the 1,000,000 cars they plan to sell this year. If you take out cybertruck and plaid + that are reserved but not due until 2022 it could be orders.
I haven’t seen what the other models start with though.
Yea. And a lot of those orders between the 1139 have already been filled with the amount of 3Y orders. We have no idea how many S orders are part of those numbers. But I'm hopeful that two shifts starting will get the orders caught up close to July. There's not a major demand for the S compared to the 3Y. 3Y needs the volume and is likely the majority of those numbers.

Reactions: bhzmark
Again, I have order 113998*** MS Performance order placed 9/24/20, I have been unable to figure out the order sequence, it seems numerical based on everyone else's order number and order date . No word on my order today, I have to rely on an email from Fremont, my order is through Tesla Enterprise Sales. I have reached out a couple times for an update but no luck with any juicy info.

Meanwhile, Gabeincal is doing a drone flyover this afternoon. Now I can go refresh Youtube the rest of the day and wait for the video.

Just got a text from a friend who saw a pre-production Model S in Morro Bay, California. Had a brief conversation with the engineer who said they’re almost ready for production.

No offense to your friend but this same information has come from countless "Tesla" people - including Elon. "Almost ready" means what? 1 week, 1 month, 1 year?