Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look - Musk can only make profit by buying / selling Bitcoin and selling emissions credits.

If you take both out of the equation - it was another quarterly loss.

Some day the peasants may get a clue.
Only because of the huge amount of money they’re spending on the Texas and Berlin factories. From an investor’s POV, this is a good thing. Tesla has made a lot of people a lot of money.

Only because of the huge amount of money they’re spending on the Texas and Berlin factories. From an investor’s POV, this is a good thing. Tesla has made a lot of people a lot of money.
OK - but if you were running your own business (and maybe you are) - I seriously doubt you'd plan on making your mortgage payments based on the stock market having a good quarter - or "hoping" your speculative investments go up in the next few months.

If these guys haven't been able to scale and make profit from the core business at this point - I'm not sure when or how that day may come.

I never saw before that Tesla has a button on its website where you can chat with with a representative. (Is this new?) Discussion below:

Tesla Rep

Hi, I'm Tesla Rep! I hope you and your family are safe and well during these times. Thank you for chatting in. How can I help you today Me?

Me

Hi. Could you please let me know when my car will be delivered?

Tesla Rep

Congrats on the Model S order! One moment while I check on that for you It looks like we are going to be delivering your Model S in July!

Me

Did you just read what the website information says? Or do you actually have any information suggesting that the car will actually be delivered in July?

Tesla Rep

Correct, the website has a timeline of August-September for new orders

Me

The website told me March.

Tesla Rep

Since you have a current order, we are aiming for a July delivery. We did have a March timeline on the Model S and X but due to items out of our control, we were not able to meet that timeline. Rest assured we are making sure we have the vehicle perfect for delivery in July

Me

What items out of your control?

Tesla Rep

As for the Model S and X delays, we have resumed production on the vehicles here in Fremont and the new timeline was updated on the account. You should hear shortly when the vehicle is ready for delivery via text and email
When was your order placed?
LR or Plaid? Color, wheels, interior.

I never saw before that Tesla has a button on its website where you can chat with with a representative. (Is this new?) Discussion below:

Tesla Rep

Hi, I'm Tesla Rep! I hope you and your family are safe and well during these times. Thank you for chatting in. How can I help you today Me?

Me

Tesla Rep

Congrats on the Model S order! One moment while I check on that for you It looks like we are going to be delivering your Model S in July!

Me

Did you just read what the website information says? Or do you actually have any information suggesting that the car will actually be delivered in July?

Tesla Rep

Me

Tesla Rep

Since you have a current order, we are aiming for a July delivery. We did have a March timeline on the Model S and X but due to items out of our control, we were not able to meet that timeline. Rest assured we are making sure we have the vehicle perfect for delivery in July

Me

Tesla Rep

As for the Model S and X delays, we have resumed production on the vehicles here in Fremont and the new timeline was updated on the account. You should hear shortly when the vehicle is ready for delivery via text and email
Need a Gabe fly over soon. :)

Feb. 5th order. MS LR MSM Arachnids - July

They’re saying Tesla wanted to ensure the factory & new battery were safe since they packed more energy into a smaller case.

Tesla Rep

Me

Tesla Rep

Me

Tesla Rep

Me

Tesla Rep

Me

Tesla Rep

I’m not seeing a chat feature. How do you access that?

OK - but if you were running your own business (and maybe you are) - I seriously doubt you'd plan on making your mortgage payments based on the stock market having a good quarter - or "hoping" your speculative investments go up in the next few months.

If these guys haven't been able to scale and make profit from the core business at this point - I'm not sure when or how that day may come.
Building new factory is speculative investment now? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Let's not forget CEO Comp was $299 Mil on paper

Reactions: Drew-MS
I just read this article Elon Musk trumpeted self-driving cars, joked about vampires, and recalled a USB-cable hunt on Tesla's earnings call. Here are the 11 best quotes. One of points in the article that is interest to all of us. "10. "We've had production stop because of carpet in the trunk. We've had production stop because of a USB cable. At one point, for Model S, we literally raided every electronics store in the Bay Area. For a few days there, nobody could buy a USB cable in the Bay Area because we went and bought them all to put them in the car." - describing how a shortage of one minor component out of 10,000 can halt production entirely."

Not sure if this is the current production problem or in years past.

Re: early VINs, my S was #15xxx so about one year in to production and about the time they started to ramp and it was one of the most trouble-free cars I have ever owned. My wife's X was prod VIN 4xx and it did have some SW bugaboos at first with door sensors (which were quickly fixed) but, otherwise, it has been pretty trouble-free (FWDs have been great).

In light of my experiences with those cars, I am not worried about getting an early build.

PS Order page still says July
I read a research report that the fewest defects occur at the beginning as they try to get it all dialed in. The production flaws come most often when in full production as the number of cars flowing through the line increases. It was proported that being first was actually more desirable based on previous production data

It doesn’t always show up. Oftentimes, it shows up if you’re on the configuration page to order.

Regardless, the chat folks know just as little as the SAs, which is to say, they know nothing.
Confirmed. It will be hit or miss. Chat icon pops up sometimes for me. Oh well. Back to playing the waiting game!

Me:
I am reaching you today to ask about my Model S order. I understand the original ETA was set for March but we have experienced delays. My account currently says July. Is this accurate? I had placed my order February 5th.

Tesla rep:
Congratulations on your Model S and thank you for your support in Tesla Jimmy! The most accurate delivery estimates will always be reflected in your Tesla Account, I'm currently seeing July for you as well. .

Delivery date is based on several factor such as order date, vehicle readiness and delivery location. I'm happy to have your advisor follow up on this for you, they should be able to provide you with more information!

Me
Got it! Okay, I was hopeful it could be earlier than July since the website now shows June-July for Plaid and August-September for LR on orders placed today. Do you know if the Est delivery on the purchase page reflects orders placed in that moment? Do you know why Plaid is estimating sooner than long range? The estimated delivery on the design studio will reflect orders placed today, however, I wouldn't have visibility into why the plaid would be delivered sooner than the long range unfortunately.
Tesla Rep
The estimated delivery on the design studio will reflect orders placed today, however, I wouldn't have visibility into why the plaid would be delivered sooner than the long range unfortunately.

Me:
Understood and no worries. :) do you know if the Fremont center has begun making the new cars now?

Tesla Rep:
I wouldn't have any information on this for you Jimmy but I'm happy to notate this question for your advisor!

Look - Musk can only make profit by buying / selling Bitcoin and selling emissions credits.

If you take both out of the equation - it was another quarterly loss.

Some day the peasants may get a clue.

I'll remember that once the market cap hits 10T ;)

Nice to hear S's start delivering in weeks!

Time to get those fraction of a cost Bugatti slayers out on the roads

52427B53-C4EF-4055-8AE1-696D8CFA5F08.png