Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stop with "My SA said". So far this week on this thread we have seen:
1) My SA said we should see something next week (which would be this week) on some deliveries and VINs
2)My SA said June into July
3)My SA said nothing till September
THE SA's HAVE NO OFFICIAL INFORMATION. I will say it again. Until we see a lot full of new cars at Fremont, all of this irrelevant. Without cars being mass produced (which we have seen no evidence of) there are no cars to be delivered. The only updates we need to see are the drone flyovers showing hundred or thousands of cars ready for delivery. Then the speculation of when and where is going to be getting cars has any relevance.

FWIW - My SA grabbed my hand and held it gently. He leaned over and whispered into my ear, “hush, it will okay”

I feel much better now

I keep getting slack. I’m not posting to be right or for attention, I’m posting to be informative. People would rather believe that I’m doing this to blow air instead of believing that Tesla keeps missing their own internal deadlines.

I am doing this to blow air - you need to counter with good information please.

Now this tweet from Elon has me excited. The part where he goes that release goes out next week to US production. Does that mean maybe the S is almost there or is he referring to all Tesla’s.

Attachments

• 7979BE7C-617C-488E-B4D1-D57B326FFCC5.png
    7979BE7C-617C-488E-B4D1-D57B326FFCC5.png
    507.8 KB · Views: 87
  • ECDF04E3-CAFE-4FB1-8B5E-74CAD0718BFE.png
    ECDF04E3-CAFE-4FB1-8B5E-74CAD0718BFE.png
    457.5 KB · Views: 75
Out of interest, I compared the cost to lease vs. purchase and I'm not sure which makes more sense. A plaid S for 36 months and 10k miles per year will cost $7500 down and $1,843 per month for 36 months ($1,680 plus 8.625% NY tax.) In total, the 36 month lease will cost about $74,500.
To purchase the car, the total is $132k (with tax) compared to $74,500 for a 36 month lease.
So will the car with 30k miles be worth more or less than $57,500 ($132k - $74.5k) after 36 months.
If less, then leasing sounds better. If the car will be worth more than $57,500 after 3 years, then purchase makes more sense.
Anyone have an opinion of the value at the end of the lease? A 3 year old Plaid model S with 30,000 miles. I honestly have no idea lol
Edit: when leasing, you only pay tax on the total of payments plus the $7500 down.
Except in Texas where you pay taxes on the ENTIRE COST of the vehicle, which is insane . . . .

Hi everyone. I've been following this forum for quite a while, but I just registered as a member today. This will be the first Tesla that I've owned, but I've driven them quite a bit. I'm probably going to ask some stupid questions, so I'm asking for forgiveness and patience up front. Like most of you, I ordered my MSLR and am still waiting on any real updates. Here is my build info for those who are interested: Ordered 02/18/2021 RN114531939
View attachment 661348
At the bottom, you'll see that if I decide to make any changes it may affect delivery date and may be subject to a fee. Has anyone here done that? If I decide to change my mind about the Black paint and opt for Red, would it really affect delivery for a car that hasn't even been built yet? Just curious if anyone here has made a change to their order and how did that go for you?
I think there's a lot of sun at Scott AFB--ditch the black exterior, at a minimum. The amount of heat it absorbs, and the fact that it shows every single blemish, scratch, and dirt, makes it a really poor choice, especially for an EV. Choose another color and I think you'll be much happier; it should nothing to the endless delivery delay BTW.

The RN will update to the VIN on the first page. The one benefit of hitting the manage button is to see if your delivery date had been updated.

Based on experiences with our S and X I'd be willing to roll the dice to own one beyond the 4 year/50K mile warranty, but not beyond the battery/drive unit warranty.
Here you go:

I see it as a win-win. If you get this and don't use it much, then Tesla comes out ahead, but you had peace-of-mind for four more years.

If you get it and your car turns into a repair nightmare post-warranty, you're covered for years 4 thru 8.

Odd that they refuse to offer it for the Model 3 and Model Y . . . .

• Love
Reactions: Tigers
FWIW - My SA grabbed my hand and held it gently. He leaned over and whispered into my ear, “hush, it will okay”

I feel much better now

Pics or it didn't happen...

My SA contacts me regularly to tell what will calm me down for the week. But he has never tried that approach - maybe I should initiate it? Would it get me the vehicles faster?

Here you go:

I see it as a win-win. If you get this and don't use it much, then Tesla comes out ahead, but you had peace-of-mind for four more years.

If you get it and your car turns into a repair nightmare post-warranty, you're covered for years 4 thru 8.

Odd that they refuse to offer it for the Model 3 and Model Y . . . .

Thank you for this tip. I did not realize Tesla offered it and I assume they won't much longer. I'm definitely buying the extra 2 years, as my initial 4 years will be done in 2 years

You’re right, IL makes no sense to charge people full tax for a 3 year lease. More states should follow NJ incentives; no tax on EV purchases.
You have some good points. The main reason I was thinking about leasing is because of the plaid plus and the future battery tech (4680.) That said, my initial plan to purchase still seems the right way to go. I’m not really a fan of leasing. If you lease for 3 years, then you’re stuck for 3 years. If you buy, you can do what you want with the car (tint, ceramic, etc) and then trade anytime.
Good points for buying except you can do tint and ceramic on a lease. My last 3 vehicles have all had tint and the last 2 ceramic coated. It may be different with Tesla, but BMW and Mercedes couldn't care less that the car came back with tint and in the case of my Mercedes, they even said they were using the 9H coating as a positive on resale.

Reactions: Drew-MS
If that is the case, I better change my color to white so I can still take delivery by lunch today.

No, see the problem is, in order to get that blue color, they have to mix all of the other colors together. They've also heard people who order the blue color are cranky and impatient, so they've been debating whether to put the blues at the back of the line or not. Sources tell me to expect a decision in the next 60-90 days.

No, see the problem is, in order to get that blue color, they have to mix all of the other colors together. They've also heard people who order the blue color are cranky and impatient, so they've been debating whether to put the blues at the back of the line or not. Sources tell me to expect a decision in the next 60-90 days.
I changed my color to blue after all the discussion here. And my date did go from September to "-". I guess that is the green light for me to be cranky.

FYI -- trying to figure out if what's currently listed on the Tesla store site fit the new refreshed MS or not, so I just sent an e-mail to my SA inquiring about the dimensions of the refreshed MS Plaid trunk (for the trunk mat) and floor mats, and he responded that they simply don't have the dimensions until an actual vehicle arrives at their local facility.

But, I was just thinking about this logically…isn’t there someone at Tesla Corporate that he can simply contact to inquire about the dimensions of the trunk mat and floor mats (and wheel locks) for the new refreshed MS at this time, just weeks ahead of actual deliveries? I mean, this is a vehicle which is supposed to be “in production” according to Elon Musk on the last conference call in April (and yes, I know back in Jan or Feb as well, but that was incorrect) and certainly there have been many “engineering test vehicles” seen all over the United States including a couple here in the Ft Lauderdale, FL area.

SOMEONE at Tesla Corporate must know the answers to these questions without requiring a local Tesla store/service ctr to physically have a new refreshed MS LR or Plaid. Sorry, but for a company with an $800+ billion valuation and 10 years of working experience, I would think the process of gathering such trivial information just weeks ahead of actual vehicle deliveries would be a simple phone call or email to Tesla Corporate, no??????? Something really isn’t right here; am I missing something? This entire process and company are completely ABSURD. Exactly what are the local SA's for? What are their responsibilities and why bother employing them if they don't know anything nor can they find anything out from HQ? :rolleyes::mad:

Something isn't right. I have a feeling deliveries may in fact NOT start until July at the very earliest. Sorry guys. Just a bad gut feeling about all of this.

I think what it really comes down to is that Musk is completely unreliable when it comes to timelines.

Has there actually been a single instance where Musk achieved one of his projected completion dates?

Finally, Tesla hasn’t suffered in the US for its slack customer facing practices because there haven’t been any real repercussions from customers or regulating bodies. I think this will start changing if either better competition arises or more people start dying b/c of stupid FSD behavior.