Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think what it really comes down to is that Musk is completely unreliable when it comes to timelines.

Has there actually been a single instance where Musk achieved one of his projected completion dates?

Finally, Tesla hasn’t suffered in the US for its slack customer facing practices because there haven’t been any real repercussions from customers or regulating bodies. I think this will start changing if either better competition arises or more people start dying b/c of stupid FSD behavior.
They sandbagged pretty hard on the date for the Y and ended up early as a result of it. Otherwise, I can't think of one.

I don't expect that competition will come by having better adherence to deadlines. Their competitors have never really adhered to them either.

What's the default/initial service warranty timeline before Extended Service Agreement kicks in?
If you'd like a great alternative to the Tesla ESA, XCare provides extended coverage out to an additional 10 years or 175k total miles, works well around Tesla Service procedure, and has only a $100 deductible. Hit me up for a no hassle quote, or visit our website at www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care and scroll down to the calculator. [email protected] Cheers! -Brent

If you'd like a great alternative to the Tesla ESA, XCare provides extended coverage out to an additional 10 years or 175k total miles, works well around Tesla Service procedure, and has only a $100 deductible. Hit me up for a no hassle quote, or visit our website at www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care and scroll down to the calculator. [email protected] Cheers! -Brent
Unless you have information on deliveries, we're not interested.

Is there a way to block spam on extended warranties on this thread? I am getting enough on my cell phone already, and the signal to noise ratio on this thread is already pretty low.

I have already clicked the Report button at the bottom of the message, I'd recommend like minded readers to do the same.

Kinda the same for me. I started leasing in 2011 and will never go back to buying and it honestly has nothing to do with the money. I simply do not want a car, especially an EV or a German car, for longer than 3 years. I get bored fast and want something new and do not want to deal with trading in or worse, selling to a private party. I get bored after a year and just grin and bear the last 2 of each lease. 🤣

It's torture keeping a car that long!

Exactly how I feel. My wife buys outright and I always lease for same reasons as above. LOL

Reactions: JimLL
I think E. Musk's sort of open-ended, non-detailed tweets as of late pretty much tell us what we need to know; i.e. that they're still working on some s/w issues and design changes with the UI and FSD and it's likely that no actual production refreshed MS will come off the line, ready with a VIN and scheduled for delivery until sometime in June at the very earliest...which could mean deliveries start in July. I think most of us are just (and have been) wasting our breath and energy on here for the past few months.

One other note that I have to get off my chest is what appears to me as somewhat of an arrogance and nonchalance from pretty much EVERYONE who works for Tesla Motors; they could care less about any of this and they seem to think that no other auto manufacturer will truly be giving them any competition any time soon so why bother improving quality control, communication, transparency/truthfulness, and overall corporate professionalism on how things are done at Tesla; they seem to see no reason to change for the better at this point. Personally, I think they're DEAD WRONG on ALL of that asinine and well, LUDICROUS and arrogant way of thinking (currently and in the very near future!). I really hope the TSLA stock doesn't tank down much lower than the levels it already is right now. Their EVs may be awesome but really, they're all such jerks! I believe everyone at Tesla Motors will be in for a very rude awakening in 2022 and beyond! I think it's all very unfortunate but it is what it is. :(

Last edited:
I sold some TSLA in Jan, enough to buy either a CT trimotor, a Plaid or a used P100D. HODLing what is left, if it goes to what I paid for it in 2017, can still afford the last option.

If thing still are still going poorly on the new cars, there is always the P100D. They will be keepers in that case.

Try to stay positive and expect the best and plan for the worst.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and Drew-MS
Is there a way to block spam on extended warranties on this thread? I am getting enough on my cell phone already, and the signal to noise ratio on this thread is already pretty low.

I have already clicked the Report button at the bottom of the message, I'd recommend like minded readers to do the same.

Someone actually is interested as they brought it up in this thread... the supporting vendor is acting on that request.

I won't be reporting it as I'd have to report dozens of "off topic" posts in this thread from engaging members.

This is because your order is a Plaid+, which isn’t shipping anytime soon...possibly not until the middle of next year due to the 4680 battery production ramp up. There’s no definitive statement those will use the new cells, but it seems obvious, and on the last earnings call Elon said it may be 12-18 months to finalize those cells.
Fair enough. I didn't realize "Expected Delivery: -" was not equivalent to "/dev/null".

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
Someone actually is interested as they brought it up in this thread... the supporting vendor is acting on that request.

I won't be reporting it as I'd have to report dozens of "off topic" posts in this thread from engaging members.
With all due respect- the OP was asking about TESLA's Extended Service Agreement. That was not an invitation to get unsolicited vendors offer up their alternative products. Correct me if I'm wrong @Babu_18 , maybe you did find value in the vendor's post.

Whether you choose to report it or not is your prerogative.

That is just a blatantly false statement - you would have to report hundreds of off-topic posts...

Regarding delivery - my father and I were in the car today and he saw a nice blue car next to us and said "wow, nice shade of blue for a car - wish I knew someone who had a blue car too - or at least was getting one..."

ETA: He is waiting for an X for himself and I just point out that I will have mine before he will. That quiets him down.

Last edited:
You’re right but at least now we know why Elon is the way he is. I wonder if execs at Tesla knew about it.

Makes sense.. I had a Range Rover Sport SC in 2008. The saleswoman talked me into the extended warranty lol. It was a waste of money since I never had a single issue and traded after 2 years.
Just FYI: You can get a full refund on Tesla's ESA prior to when it begins, and a pro rata return otherwise. I suspect this to be the case in the vast majority of extended service agreements. Thus, I'd find your paperwork for your Range Rover and see if a refund is still available, although at this late date I'd suspect not.

Something to keep track of . . . .

I sold some TSLA in Jan, enough to buy either a CT trimotor, a Plaid or a used P100D. HODLing what is left, if it goes to what I paid for it in 2017, can still afford the last option.

If thing still are still going poorly on the new cars, there is always the P100D. They will be keepers in that case.
I did the same.. At least the recent sell-off isn't Tesla specific. All the best performers of 2020 have come down quite a bit.

Wow, there are 0 used P100Ds on EV-CPO. There are only 14 used Model S for sale... I assume there are some used P100Ds on other sites but this is the first time I looked on ev-cpo and there's not even 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: aerodyne
Just FYI: You can get a full refund on Tesla's ESA prior to when it begins, and a pro rata return otherwise. I suspect this to be the case in the vast majority of extended service agreements. Thus, I'd find your paperwork for your Range Rover and see if a refund is still available, although at this late date I'd suspect not.

Something to keep track of . . . .
I appreciate the heads up and that's good to know.
Lol the Range Rover? It was a learning experience. I'd feel like a dickk even asking for a refund on the extended warranty I purchased 13 years ago.

EDIT: Tesla just announced they will stop accepting Bitcoin for car purchases lol